Just who is Anatoliy Ilya Silveira?

[!] 

The following was distributed as the occasional poster, attached to a tree or wall. Scattered through the Silver State, though outside the walls of Kaethul. Atop the page was an erratically drawn symbol of an eye.

watcherssymbol.png.cdcbbc3d5041363ba80a22d6e7c43720.png

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Many of you have no doubt read the recent talk of the ‘War on Ailmere’. Today, I would like to eschew politics and discuss the simple truth of a familiar name. That of Anatoliy Ilya Silveira. The current ‘commander’ of the fight against the Harrower. Just who is he, and can he be trusted? 

Kaethuls efforts to ‘repel the darkness’ are no more than a thinly-veiled attempt to profit from the ongoing war against the Ailmerens. This has been revealed to me in confidence, the only reason he is even heading this project is for the fame, glory, and mina it provides. There are no altruistic motives here, no true wish to eradicate the ‘plague’ of ‘shadow’ that has ‘taken the North’.

How am I so certain of this? Aside from it being revealed directly to me, we need to look at the man behind the slaughter and betrayal to-come. I would like to take you back to a time I stood side by side with him during the fall of Mummers Gate. 

We had been separated from our comrades, and the forces of the Harrower had come to take claim of us. Rather than captivity, we were offered a simple choice. To serve, or die. There was  no hesitation  in the choice Anatoliy took. He did not even attempt to negotiate, not for his sake; or the life of one Dagfinn, a loyal squire thrown to the wolves by his actions. Proudly, did he fight back against the Haeseni he spent so much of his life with. We stood together and fought those we had once called Kinsmen when they had once more come to raid the Gate.

He did not need a blessing to turn on his own people. He was all too happy to indulge in anything that promised a smidgen of worth or power.

The only reason he is on your side now is that he simply believes it to be the most profitable. The moment that it changes to the Harrower, what do you think will happen to your battle plans? You are all pawns in his greater ambitions and his scheming for coin. He lusts after the azhl the Ailmeren mines provide. He cannot wait to dig his hands into the ground and rip from it all he can. 

If working with the Harrower was not enough to convince some of you, I would wish to expand on his ties to darkspawn. WIllingly did he recently go meet the fabled White Cat, his great-aunt. They spoke on even terms, content terms. There was no shedding of blood, despite all his wishes and outward hate of her. What he wished to do, simply, was chronicle her story. 

Does this sound like the actions of a great warrior fighting back against the darkness? To willingly meet with those who would tear apart what he has long worked for? I question; how deep do his ties truly go? He makes so many claims about the Chosen being mindless thralls, yet… He himself is magically bound to Yera to be completely, and utterly loyal.

Oh, yes. All your money, all your troops, all your time. It is not his, but an extension of Yera. A known darkspawn sympathizer who has worked with the likes of Lanre (A former Azdrazi sympathizer, now undead), of Castiel (better known as the inferi Malphas), and Cordelia. Yera, a woman of ambition who knows only her own wants, and who is willing to lie and kill to get what she wants. I serve willingly and contently; because I believe in the Harrowers purpose. He, however, is naught but a slave. Bound in chains. 

So what is his hatred for me, then? For someone who has long stood by his side. Through Poppiyas disappearance, through her siring of a bastard child. For his repeated attacks on her, physically and emotionally, that ultimately resulted in her tragically taking her own life. He is mad that I am the Cats Hound, and not his. Ilya, when you read this; I regret not smacking you across the face for the gall of kissing me. 

Let this nonsense end. Let us stop pretending to be better than we are. It is the one thing I despise the most. All of you little ambitious descendants running around, taking what you wish with no regard for consequence. Yet, claiming to be above your actions. At least I have the honesty to admit my service to Sarryn. You are chained in the dark, surrounded by spawn, and pretend you are clean from it. 

Need I remind you of the time you requested my assistance in the assassination of a paladin? Shall I further shed light on the dealings and horror you have wrought over so many years? Oh, I did find information on that grimoire you had enlisted the Infernal Courts help in finding. Perhaps we can speak of it, next we meet. 

The Cats Most Loyal Hound,

Sermi Ulveryn, Betrayer of Mercy.”

Aveline Kazimira's jaw hung slack as she read the missive. Her brows furrowed deeply- she wanted to deny it all, but in the end. . . She knew it to be true. She scrunched up her face, and the paper in her hands- refusing to let the angry and hurt tears fall. A liar. A player. No one can fix him.

She was also quite aware of the other much more serious implications. But she wasn't too focused on them.

10 minutes ago, Karina said:

So what is his hatred for me, then? For someone who has long stood by his side. Through Poppiyas disappearance, through her siring of a bastard child. For his repeated attacks on her, physically and emotionally, that ultimately resulted in her tragically taking her own life. He is mad that I am the Cats Hound, and not his. Ilya, when you read this; I regret not smacking you across the face for the gall of kissing me. 

Several identical-looking hooded figures would lurk about the outskirts of Kaethul and Haelun'or.

Though several would be caught and easily dispatched - popping like shadowy balloons when struck - they append as many of the following picture and caption below the posters as they can.

ANATOLIY SACRIFICES ANIMALS TO THE HARROWER!!!!!!

image.png?ex=66157200&is=6602fd00&hm=f1c

6 minutes ago, Karina said:

Ilya, when you read this; I regret not smacking you across the face for the gall of kissing me. 

"Ooooh, drama," said Yandel, who was completely uninvolved but found amusement in reading missives that he had nothing to do with.

Anatoliy frowned as he read the missive. A part of him wished to rectify the many random claims, incorrect statements, and- Well to be honest there was some stuff in there he had absolutely no idea what she was speaking of.

"First Yera, now me..? Do they think this is an election..? Sermi.. My name is already deep in mud, you know this." He gave a sigh, shaking his head and merely.. Ignoring the words spoken. "As I've always said - Actions over words."

The man walked off, yawning. He was tired.. But the battle wasn't over.

18 minutes ago, Karina said:

we need to look at the man behind the slaughter and betrayal to-come

F5A29301-83E6-4A2F-AE37-01B53350D970.jpeg

Juniper looked over the missive with shaky hands, a plethora of emotions crossing her visage; most notably, fear and some low, bubbling anger. "So it's begun," She breathed, adding the paper to a growing pile of loose threats and letters. Her silent footsteps tread across the floor of her room. There was work to be done.

"DID SoME OnE MEnTiON thE mAn bEhINd thE sLAuGhTeR?" QuEstiOned maLIk thE fReaK.

aRbXJASnpLkXkUuWrd_tn_lnRcsAishH7dHaiH_ob9Z1_uamWTG3170uBuA1g3d-pWjoI1pejhMYMHjV6pFeA0Us5EDSM0n7Tc_NfzJfUrVUB8kzoC3GGVFmnhs-cBJHgVkx8FpyCaekTds0mEx_Jio

“Ew.” An elf spoke upon noting that a human had adopted an elven surname. “Impurity. Impure, vile.”

Oh how Poppy was glad she was dead.

Spoiler

This is the greatest piece of slander I have ever read.

"...Copycat." Haus mutters, flicking a finger across the eye drawn atop the paper. He smiles to himself, at his own little joke - his ever-present Yisar seems to frown at his antics, stomping into the dirt as he reads through the paper

"He wasn't always this way - a shame he picked her to work for. Though...took her name? You'd think a 'Thill would at least pretend to be more discrete." He hums to the Yisar besides him, as he sets off back off on his travels.

Arthur sighed, petting a now fully-grown wolf which he rescued in an INCIDENT. "I mean, I'm not the best myself in this regard, but- at least I was better in the end.. I believe someday he will be, too." he shook his head, and burnt a few of the missives.

Amara Fenwarin sighs with a shake of her head.  "Quite the hefty pot of poop you got yourself in." she says softly, more to herself and sets the missive to the side. 

The elfess then lifts her head, sniffing the air. "MY COOKIES!! NOOOO!"

3 hours ago, Karina said:

man behind the slaughter

Lanre Cerusil's corpse withers away in the Void.

8vYHZmXaGc-ajatigPO58kvV0G_l8coyjp-94srvLGjO3aZJcZ5wn-LJvfg3qa3wxaniYidJ-_BjokBfVvYu26CEUIU0moNa7EBmARCpqfHSc7eMS-Zn4gmoYvTYKfxTAIMA0eDh-JjHkdlz_MUbJtg