LAMENTATIONS OF THE CURSEDBORN - An Open Letter to the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska

Proddy

"Do not trust the impure. Do not heed the words of mutants or blasphemers for theirs are naught but foul vapors. Cut out the tongue and be cleansed"

Father Adeptus #003 rings the bell any time someone dares read the words of the impure

From his desk in the palace, Wilford Reinhold recalls the event as if it were yesterday. Screams and cries for the boy to be executed, he remembers running to block the soldier. He remembers yelling in return, pleading the crowd to have mercy on the boy. He remembers the sword through the chest that earned him, and how it nearly ended his life. With his face in his hands, the Lord Regent sighs, trying to shake the memory from his mind. Trying to shake the thought of the late Queen, his late friend, from his mind. He simply folds the letter, at least pleased to hear the boy he nearly died for remains alive and well.

Baalial's mother,  an equally accursed soul crumples the missive in question in her fist, "No..." - "This kingdom was my home. My origin... That man's family were like my own. I still remember my days by Georg's side fondly, and my days by his father's side even greater so." The fiend shakily grasps for her own pen and paper to write and once finished, she sought out her son, "To expell my kin is a bridge too far." - "Genocide, the same as I faced in my youth. Not again"

A small grey dubious Daal read on as he gnashed his teeth on a mouthful of roaches he caught “Hmm yes yes, must plan plan great unite plan of evil devil man things. Ur urm NYAG YAR YAR GAHH!” He gave into a fit of manic laughter as he nearly fell over “START NOW NOW!”

"A horned devil invokes the name of Amaya, slain by horned devils she had trusted. She may have been a fool to trust them, but to continue to allow them to prey upon the rest of Haense using her martyrdom as an excuse? Utter nonsense. If ea learn that any of vy fall for this, ea should be rather disappointed." The Duke of Vidaus drawled in explanation to his grandchildren, after a scribe had happened to bring the pleaing letter back to Morteskvan. A few violent coughs wracked the man afterwards, a vicious scowl upon his brow.

8 minutes ago, ContestedSnow said:

"A horned devil invokes the name of Amaya, slain by horned devils she had trusted. She may have been a fool to trust them, but to continue to allow them to prey upon the rest of Haense using her martyrdom as an excuse? Utter nonsense. If ea learn that any of vy fall for this, ea should be rather disappointed." The Duke of Vidaus drawled in explanation to his grandchildren, after a scribe had happened to bring the pleaing letter back to Morteskvan. A few violent coughs wracked the man afterwards, a vicious scowl upon his brow.

Milena vas Ruthern, having become deeply religious in those past few months, nodded firmly at her grandsire's words. These creatures were irredeemable, she thought, especially when so many of purer soul were far more bereft and in need of their sympathy. Alas, most would think her mad for saying so.

In some lonely clearing, Yandel read - grunted with amusement - and wrote a letter to the Accursed Child.

They think you unholy, through no fault of your own. In accordance with the laws they have set, Baalial, you will perish at the edge of the ignorant blade; it is as I once told you, years and years ago, that man has confused faith with truth, zealotry with tradition, and forgotten the simple fact: that it is far more righteous to be struck by the wicked than it is to strike the unlucky, or the ill-born.

This plea will fall on angered ears, and they will hunt you, and you will never cut through the fog of their idiocy. Why tolerate the intolerant? Come away from them, Baalial. You owe them nothing.

@Proddy

"Trusting them has only resulted in death, burn them all." remarked Bishop Rhys.

Edited by ReveredOwl

And thus it was so, that one devil ruined all the good will the world had for their kind, and brought genocide to her kin's doorstep.

"All of us alive and lifeless are from one," With tender dotage, Adolpha chewed over the contents of the missive. Her disposition to love had engendered her to see in all the divine graces where no man is suffered to want or toil but is ancient, unmutable, and unchanging, and in this letter was no different. The wash of piteous sympathy, borne on wings of religious self-surrender, salted her face and pickled her expression. "We know, from Saint Jude, a lifetime of beatings and kicks is as nothing to a mere moment with God. In a land where darkness has long presided over man and beast alike, hatred has rusted the tongue of every arrogant five-copeck tyrant, priest, and kindly woman. Has the heart forgotten its capacity to love? The layman to cultivate himself in kindness? For that is to cultivate yourself in God, for God is Love and Charity itself in that he permits us to live even in spite of our own evil, born or acquired."

Wrotek read the missive with a frown. "He appeals to wolves. They are too blinded by faith and zeal to see anything else. Now he has put a target on himself." He muttered with discontent before walking away from the notice board. "I must find them before anyone gets any bright ideas."

"Just come home at last, oh line of Kraal," Lamented an elf...