[PK] Last Of The Cavaliers

Posted (edited)

"I promised to tell him the tale of how Sir Gaspard lost his eye . . ." contemplated the hedge knight sadly in a deep state of melancholy. "I will sing it to him in the Seven Skies." he then murmured to Robert, a promise must never be broken, afterall. The freerider thought. Even if death comes upon us.

Edited by LordofCabbage

Spoiler

It's so over

A knight in all black armor takes a puff from a stolen cigar, a solemn look on his fat face as he looks out onto his new homeland. Talking to no one but himself, the knight says “You know my whooe oife it wasth aoway'sth the bettew peopoe who died fiwst”. Taking another long puff from his cigar, he looks down “Fiwst isth wasth Sthiw Ethan, then Lowd Edmond, I hope Sthiw Gaspawd isth sthtioo aoive. . . and now Sthiw Radmiw”

A cold humorless laugh comes from the black knight's mouth, as tears run from his eyes. After a few moments, the knight stops laughing and the tears stop running. Taking one last puff from his cigar; letting it fall out of his mouth. The knight exhales a few times before realizing he is on the ground, a loud grunt is heard as the knight lifts himself up.

Exhaling one last time the knight utters “You can do it Sthiw Magnus, peopoe need you to cawwy on.” blinking away a few more tears; Sir Mangus looks up at the moon and declares  “Fow Sthiw Radmiw and the west of Veoetz I wioo cawwy on the dweam. . . the dweam of” he would cut himself off.  

Upon an altar knelt Father Montfort, praying for his dead comrade's soul.

For once, an old Azdrazi recalls the memories of yore from the eyes of Sir Hannibal; vividly remembering the Warrior-Poet and his uplifting songs. Truly, they were maxims to rally behind. Shame. Then, Ahnakriel carried on.

Lesha had not spoken to him in many years.

She deemed him a lost cause at the time. Too pious, to patriotic. It would come as a shock if she knew he was married after all. 

She feels no sorrow that he is gone. But it is a shame. It really is a shame. He was fun, in his own way. He had initiative. Potential. He accomplished things. He seemed like a decent enough person.

Lesha has a new plaything now. 

Still.

She does wonder if Radmir ever learned how to dance.