~~~The Promethean Cult~~~

Salamanders.png

~~The Promethean Cult~~

~Beliefs of the Cult~

The Cult believes in the Virtues of Smithing, the Evils of most Magic ((Disregarding Runic Magic, and Holy Magic)), Self-Reliance, Self-Sacrifice, and Loyalty.

~The Gods~

The Cult worships only two gods, Yemekar, and the Void-Dragons. Yemekar, God of Smithing, is while a Dwarven god one of the deities worshiped by the Cult. He is worshiped because the art of Smithing holds many of the Cult's other teachings within it. Such as Self-Reliance, and being "remade" and purified. The Void-Dragons supposedly blessed the leaders of the Cult's ancestors, and they also bring about change in the world with purifying fire.

~~The Hierarchy ~~

~The Forgefather~

The Forgefather is the supreme military and spiritual leader of the Cult. He has the first and final say in every matter, and is blessed by the Gods themselves. He is head of the Pantheon Council.

~The Iron Circle~

The Council is formed up of the Heroes and Lords of the Cult. A Cult member can only be promoted to the Council upon the recommendations of three of the six normal members. They are favored by the Gods.

~The Firedrakes~

The Warriors of the Cult. Master of the Sword or Axe, their weapons are forged by the Forgefather himself. They are the shock-troops of the Cult, and defend the Council and Temple.

~The Brander-Priests~

The Priests of the Cult. They are masters of Holy Magic, their staffs forged by the Forgefather themselves. They bless the Firedrakes before each battle, and give them their Brands afterwards.

~The Fireborn~

The Fireborn are the rank and file members of the Cult, who have passed The Trials and have received The Mark.

~The Aspirant~

A person hoping to enter the Cult, they have yet to receive The Mark or attempt the Trials.

~~The Rituals~~

~The Burning Walk~

As part of the Initiation each Aspirant must walk the Burning Path, without dying, to achieve the Rank of Fireborn. The burning path consists of walking through exactly two meters of fire with being burned to death.

~The Scarring~

As part of the Initiation each Aspirant must emerge themselves in lava, without dying, to achieve the Rank of Fireborn. The Scarring will almost always react with the Aspirant's pigments, and turn their skin a dark grey, or black.

~The Mark~

As part of the Initiation each Aspirant must undergo the Brand, without dying, to achieve the Rank of Fireborn. The mark is in the shape of the Drake Sigil (located at the top of the page), and is placed upon an Aspirant's back. The Mark is imbued with both healing and strengthening Runes, healing the Aspirant of the injures he receives during the Initiation, and strengthening the Aspirant against fire.

~Ritual Scarring~

After each battle, a Firedrake will receive a brand from the Brander-Priests, a mark of honor. The brand is shaped like a small Drake's head, and the brands start from the bottom up, witch means only the greatest and most important members of the Cult have brands upon their skulls.

~The Lapis Altar~

The stone known as Lapis Lazuli is to this day the only natural element unable to be forged, smithed, or smelted, by a person. To this effect, it is one of the holy symbols of the Cult and ir regarded as the purest material in Auslon.

~Charcoal~

Whenever possible, the Cult uses Charcoal for smelting and heat more then Netherrack or Coal, due to the fact that in order to produce Charcoal, you must cut down and burn Trees, this serves as both an insult and a message to the Druids, the Cult's most hated foe.

~~Powers & Spells~~

~The Drake's Breath~

The Drake's Breath is the first and easiest of all spells taught within the Cult. The Brander-Priests burn the Mark of Fire into a Fireborn or above's hand. When speaking the Dwarven word for Fire, one can shoot a blast of fire from their hand. The spell in known to be used as a defensive measure, and to light cook fires. ((This spell is only to be used once the official Magic system is released.))

[More spells will be added upon the release of the new Magic system.]

~~Enemies~~

1) The Druid Circle

2) The Mage's Guild

3) The Orc War-Nation

4) The Shad'Rin ((If they're still active))

~~Laws~~

1. Never reveal that you are of the Cult in public

2. Never kill another Cult member.

3. If captured never answer any question about your fellow Fireborn.

4. If showing you’re powers, never reveal you’re identity, cloaks or hoods preferred

5. Don’t Powergame with your powers, don’t make them too powerful and roll for everything.

6. Follow server rules

7. Councilmen are to be treated with the utmost respect, their word is law.

8. Hunt down the Mages and Users of other Magic.

~Sources~

The Dragonborn

The Salamanders

~~Application~~

MC Name:

RP Name:

Bio ((At least 7 sentences)):

Do you accept our rules?:

Do you have a VA? If so, what for?:

Are you prepared to undergo our initiation?:

Do you consider yourself good at RP?:

Have you ever been banned? If so, what for?:

Can someone vouch for your RP skills?:

What position do you aspire to become within the Cult?:

~~Members of the Cult~~

~The Forgefather~

Arbrek Starbreaker

~The Pantheon Council~

1) Forgefather Arbrek Starbreaker ((zac20169))

2) Warmaster Lykos Daekon ((xXDylanXx1013))

2) Baron Darius Irongut ((blackhawk77g))

3) Legacy Syrus ((tyking919))

4) Great-Hunter Castillon ((raptor14))

5) Shadowcrafter Lupus ((Preatorlupus))

~The Firedrakes~

{None}

~The Brander-Priests~

{None}

~The Fireborn~

Mili Irongut ((Leland 22))

~The Aspirants~

Eragorn Elessar ((kido122))

Karpath SteelFist ((dman9))

Aleksis Starbreaker ((Aandie))

Asthil ((Asthileh))

Tazzalta ((spychicken956)

~Skins~

~The Forgefather~

{None}

~The Pantheon Council~

{None}

~The Firedrakes~

{None}

~The Brander-Priests~

{None}

~The Fireborn~

Official Fireborn Skin

~The Aspirants~

{None}

((Feel free to edit any skins to suit your own needs))

~~Announcement Board~~

We are currently just starting the cult, and are looking for a base, and new members.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*pins a note to the message board*

"I am pleased te announce dat we 'ave ad two of our Brothers pass teh Trials! Praise Yemekar and teh Dragons fer dere gud fortune!"

*posts a poster to the message board, grumbling loudly*

Lads, if ye see teh Druid by teh name o' "Quity" kill 'im on sight. 'e 'as insulted our Order and our Ideals, not te mention personally attackin' meself.

Also, if ye need te do teh Trials, come te me as soon as ye can.

~The Forgefather

*pins a note to the message board, smiling broadly*

"I am please te announce dat Mili Irongut 'as passed teh Trials, and is now a full fledged Fireborn within teh Cult! I also discovered somethin' very important to teh Cult, and teh Circle needs te convene teh speak o' it.

~The Forgefather"

*pins a note to the message board, smiling broadly and humming a small tune*

"I'm pleased teh announce dat our new Brother, Karpath, 'as passed all teh Trials! May 'e serve teh gods well! I would also like teh say dat I 'ave found teh perfect place teh base teh Cult! I hope dat teh Temple will be started soon!"

~The Forgefather

*is excited*

And yes, i am in.

((Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing how far this guild goes, oh, and I thought I'd post one word:

Salamanders.

I loved 'em too. ))

((As I stated, we hate all magic not approved by the Cult. Currently, the approved types are Runic Magic, and Holy Magic. That spell falls under Runic.))

((This reminds me quite a lot of the Twilight's Hammer Cult from World of Warcraft... this can only be a good thing.

I love your original ceremonies and initiations. They are really quite interesting! icon_mrgreen.gif Good luck with your cult, Marked ones! ))

Updated with a poll. Also, I found a possible location to base the Temple. It's located within the Fungal Forest, here's some screens:

20120229171204.png

20120229171305.png

It's got a ton of caves and mine-shafts branching off of it as well.

I'm in. This has gotten far but, I need to see one of you guys on for me to join with rp.

When are you normally on?