[✓] [Racial Lore] The Wood Elves

PtahWithin

Needs more redheads.

Really though, this is fantastic and fits wood elves perfectly. Elorna approves.

Next person who calls me a redhead gets flayed. ART HAS BROWN HAIR.

Anyways, this is quite nice, and fits my main character, who coincidentally is a wood elf, nicely. I hope to see more on this!

Although not a Wood Elf, my Dark Elf character Kaelin was raised by them. I've been developing lore for a now-extinct social group within the Wood Elves, as well as a couple of old legends. PM me if you're interested in incorporating them.

I know the picture basically covers it, but perhaps more information about their clothing?

Perhaps festivals and rituals would be good too.

I approve. Enjoy your +1

I know the picture basically covers it, but perhaps more information about their clothing?

Perhaps festivals and rituals would be good too.

This would be a good idea. 

Wood elves cannot deny the call of the forest upon them. Which is why their homes are often within the trees. Also they like to be barefoot to feel the grass beneath their feet, however it does make it easier to move across treetops without the restriction that shoes create.

Any wood elf that spends time in human cities will crave the feel of the forest.

It is because they love nature and trees that they are more inclined to druidism/elemental nature magic. They possess a sensitivity towards the elements that those who do not listen to nature could ever have

Later today Ptah, I'll give you some suggestions what to add. I can't at this time for I am pressed for time. Otherwise so far, so good.

This lore kind of makes me want to play a Wood Elf. +1

You should include something like wood elves can have autumn color hair. Ex. Red, orange, yellow, brown, mixture of listed colors. Not sure if you included such already and i misread your post. More idead when i get home. Typing from a phone is not fun.

Really well written lore! I like it! I like it a lot!

This all looks really good. My one comment is the heights. Wood elves, as far as I know, are meant to be the smallest and shortest of the sub-races. Dark elves are supposed to be tall, nearly as tall as high elves, whereas wood elves are supposed to be a little bit shorter than humans. I talked about this recently with a GM, so I'm fairly certain this is accurate, and it's also depicted this way on the wiki.

This all looks really good. My one comment is the heights. Wood elves, as far as I know, are meant to be the smallest and shortest of the sub-races. Dark elves are supposed to be tall, nearly as tall as high elves, whereas wood elves are supposed to be a little bit shorter than humans. I talked about this recently with a GM, so I'm fairly certain this is accurate, and it's also depicted this way on the wiki.

From the wiki on Dark Elves:

"Dark Elves stand a little shorter than their Wood Elven

cousins and even more so then the High Elves. Averaging about 5'10" to

6'4" with some slightly shorter or slightly taller. Again like all Elves

they are lithe and frail compared to other races, weighing in at only

100-160lbs."

From the wiki on Dark Elves:

"Dark Elves stand a little shorter than their Wood Elven

cousins and even more so then the High Elves. Averaging about 5'10" to

6'4" with some slightly shorter or slightly taller. Again like all Elves

they are lithe and frail compared to other races, weighing in at only

100-160lbs."

From the wiki on Wood Elves:

Wood Elves are the nimblest of the Elves of the forests of Malinor, shorter and more agile than their Elven kin. They are often considered to be the best archers in all of Asulon. They may also have difficulty when wielding a sword, given their smaller stature than other Elves, especially Dark Elves. Wood Elves have brown skin, ranging from cinnamon to cocoa colored. They commonly have dirty-blonde hair, very rarely brunette, and often dye it green. They are also notable for having brown eyes that are rare among other Elves.

It would seem there is a conflict on the wiki. However, in game wood elves tend to be smaller, at least from my experience, and it makes sense given that they are the most nimble of each sub-race.

The height has been an interesting subject for a while... the way the Wiki is worded is confusing and makes it sound like it contradicts itself, saying that the wood elves are "shorter and more agile than their Elven kin." It also says this: "They may also have difficulty when wielding a sword, given their smaller stature than other Elves, especially Dark Elves."

Basically, it could go either way. I prefer to think that high elves are the tallest, dark elves are slightly more muscular, and wood elves are smaller and more agile. My wood elf is only 5'6, although I've met plenty of others, mostly males, that are above 6 feet.

And it seems ski_king has beat me to it. :P