[Lore] King's Ivy

King's Ivy

The Plant of Refreshment

yellow_archangel_lamium_lar.jpg

Known in RP

The King's Ivy is named due to its golden flowers, perched much like a crown atop an elegant figure.

King's Ivy is a plant found growing on rocks, tree trunks, and sometimes the fallen walls of Ruins. It is a plant whose flowers hold much vigor in their folds, and because of that, the golden flowers of the plants are often chewed to keep the consumer from becoming tired. It clears the mind of weariness, and allows for long journeys to be made easier.

Eating several flowers at one time will make the consumer feel very agitated, as the nutrients from the plant runs through their veins.

Known out of RP

This plant acts much like ginseng, a supplier of energy, and it basically helps to keep the user awake for long amounts of time. The plant does not allow people to be impervious to resting, as it does not replace REM sleep, but it helps to keep the senses sharp and away from drowsiness.

If consumed in mass amounts (think 1 or 2 gallons worth of flowers), the person eating may suffer a heart attack from the energy running through their body. This would not be a recommended form of suicide or murder.

A big thanks is in order to Volutional - this is his format for plant lore, which I have followed.

so, like tea almost? Caffeine of sorts?

I like it! I'd enjoy this plant being used in Anthos, and I'm sure that people would use it efficiently. Can someone die if a large amount of it is eaten? Like, can the nutrients/stimulant cause some sort of malfunction within the body if too much is taken in?

Hmmm... I quite like it.  Its a small but welcome addition to help expand potential roleplay.

I like it! I'd enjoy this plant being used in Anthos, and I'm sure that people would use it efficiently. Can someone die if a large amount of it is eaten? Like, can the nutrients/stimulant cause some sort of malfunction within the body if too much is taken in?

I'll add this to the OP, but I suppose that in ridiculously huge amounts (think like a gallon of the flowers), your heart could give out. It wouldn't be a recommended form of suicide or murder.

Hmmm... I quite like it.  Its a small but welcome addition to help expand potential roleplay.

Thank you! :)

Support! +1

Id suppose if you were a regular consumer for a long period of time and suddenly stopped you would undergo withdrawl.

It's the small things that matter... :3

But seriously. This is a great idea. It provides a unique, original take on a caffeine of sorts. Great!

I like the idea for withdrawal symptoms, though. And the fact that you could possibly OD on it.