[Lore]Fairy Rings

Song Druid

EAE9yRq.jpg

Long has Nature magic kept the land in balance.  It is known by many that the Druids use this to help guide the ancient wills of their Aspects-there is some who say, that connection with nature can be achieved, briefly, through other means.  There is folklore in the deep southern lands, and even across all land infact, that has been since Aegis; the madmen of the Fairy Rings.

As even with the very breath of air cometh from the lungs of he who would sit within them, this fungal circle captured the minds of many who were unprepared of its splendor;

"Beware the dreaded Fairy Rings!  The Singing Elves have lain seeds of demon spawn upon our kingdom's lawn"-A common housewife saying in villages of humans for many years.

Stranger still, those who seemed to not be affected by these strange circles, at least not badly.  Save for the Druii, there were ones who sought the power of the rings.  Indeed, Forest Dwarves held sayings that sightings of these circles would bring good fortune...

What is the Fairy Ring?

Tis the calling of the Aspects.  Tis the well of truth, tis the bringer of dreams.

~The Druii’ithirn, Arcanum of Ancient Secrets

Purpose

Originally I devised these interesting pieces of Druid Magic to train Dedicants with.  Around early-mid Asulon.  It then developed into a neat way to let others loosely experience Druidic conection without being a Druid, though with consequences.  In training purposes, it is meant to give the Dedicant a sense of understanding as to what a Druid experiences on a constant basis with their connection.

Effects

Upon entering the circle, the person immediately feels the world around them, in a way an attuned Druid would.  However, try as they might they are unable to actually communicate with it, or it them.  History would show many men going mad, sitting for days within the circles, reveling in the feeling.  It is like gaining a sixth sense, or the earth becoming an extension of your body, feeling every touch and heartbeat touching you.  Still, others would study this, learn from it, and document what they felt.  Even still, some would use the hit as a sort of "high", dancing around these rings in the moonlight with others and relishing the feeling.

Druids who dwell within the circle find their connection strengthened somewhat.  They need not meditate as long when performing tasks if they are low tier, and if they are higher tier their spells or abilities are a bit stronger.

Red Line:

Fairy rings may NOT be used as locations to bypass server rules, such as but not limited to being used to force individuals into sexual encounters or harming characters outside of the lore-accepted effects of the rings.

Locations

Find them!  Many are being built, and for each one destroyed another takes its place in another part of the world.  Nothing stops your character from trashing the circles, except perhaps stepping into them and being overwhelmed!  I hope you guys find interesting ways to RP this, Alan and I will be working to place these throughout Anthos.  :)

Reminded me of Runescape for a minute there.

I did seriously consider the idea of a Druidic transportation system with this, but I saw too much fuss.  It would be neat though eh?  Hahha

Love it! Kinda like Our Stone Circles..But better. And Official.

and if they are higher tier their spells or abilities are a bit stronger.

Seriously? A bit stronger? This is far too over powered. I honestly cant even fathom why you would try to create this lore Jamie. Seriously. Stop trying to monger over power.

;P Just kidding. Over all, this seems pretty exciting, especially for a learning Dedicant like myself. I wholeheartedly support this simple addition to the server.

ads;lkaddak

You had me ragin for a second!  xD   It's only within the circle!

Should have a region inside that gives you a huge speed boost and night-seeing, so your FOV goes massive and trippy!

Love it!

I'm contemplating something like that.  Perhaps animals would top pursuing you within it?  Imagine a wolf chasing after you and then you come across a fairy ring and rush to it for safety. 

Currently contemplating different things to do.  They all have to be regioned because just clicking a mushroom causes them all to f*ck up and disappear, props to Alan for being able to make mushrooms above ground with voxel.

Bah. You kids and your fancy fairy rings... in my day we didn't have fairy rings. We stood around for hours pretending to be trees, and we were happy!

I like it :3

As i love to play characters with nature style.

I love this lore too!