[Addition To] Carbarum Lore

Neri

5NF7Tli.png

BF6l5sm.png

Extract from Lagomorphia's Lore here;

Carbarum
The light-blue hued Carbarum is arguably the rarest and most prized metal in Asulon. Colloquially called Diamond due to its hardness, rarity, and its glimmering appearance, this rare metal is as prized as those rare gems and can be used make hugely durable weapons and nigh indestructible armour. 

This description is correct... however, one who is skilled in the arts of forging and smithing may notice that the Carbarum native to the depths of Anthos is not like the Carbarum, or 'Diamond', found previously in Aegis and Asulon. Even when mixed with Ferrum, Carbarum is a tenacious and nigh-unbreakable material. But Anthos's deposits of Carbarum are much different - a fact quickly found out by those who attempted to forge weapons of war with them.

Anthos' Carbarum, like Glass and Obsidian, resonates when struck, with a pitch above most, if not all, of the races' of Anthos hearing range. Usually, this is unnoticeable when using a tool made from Carbarum, but when this certain flaw comes into play is when two tools made from Carbarum - or Carbarum against Ferrum - collide at a high speed. Upon them striking, the pieces of Carbarum will resonate at such a frequency that the tool will quite literally shatter into pieces, rendering both weapons unusable. As such, Carbarum is entirely impractical, if not suicidal, to use for forging weapons and armour, since their effective strength can be entirely negated by the use of Ferrum weaponry.

The flaw in Anthos's Carbarum is one so fine - almost to an atomic level - that it is almost impossible to discover. Thus, the outcome of shattered Carbarum is often blamed on the craftsmanship of the smith, that is, if they are lucky enough to craft the blade in the first place - many pieces of Carbarum will shatter under the blows of a Ferrum hammer, especially if they are thin enough to be used as a blade. 

However, this phenomena does not occur when using Carbarum tools on materials such as wood and stone, since they do not cause it to resonate at a high enough frequency to shatter. 

In time, processes may be discovered that allow Carbarum to be strengthened or protected from this fatal flaw, although none currently exist at the time of writing.

​Do not be mistaken though - Carbarum is still the strongest metal on Anthos. That is an indisputable fact.

Essentially, this Lore is made to explain the inability to craft and use Carbarum armour and weapons. In future, this flaw may be overcome (probably in line with the advent of Nexus (Soon™) ), allowing Carbarum to be used fully. If so, this lore can be removed.

However, what I WOULD like to happen is allowing Carbarum to be made (with a very low success chance!), although purely for decorate purposes. If a user hits or is hit with a carbarum weapon, or is defending with Carbarum armour, then it will be instantly shattered. 

This lore will be followed up by lore written for Carbarum Salts, if all goes well. I hope you enjoyed reading and if you have either feedback or critique, I urge you to post. 

I would still rather just have diamond armor and weapons.

I would still rather just have diamond armor and weapons.

True. I would too, really, but if anything this lore means they can be obtained, but they'd have to be enchanted or imbued with some force preventing them from shattering, hence rare.

Having Carbarum armour and swords being commonplace would be... boring, in my own opinion. They're the tip-top tier of equipment, and if they become the baseline, then what is the point of iron? 

I say they bring back Weapons and Armor. and allow diamonds to become rare. Allow the price rates to return to the old days and make diamond armor the ultimate sign of wealth.

About diamond horse armor... ?

About diamond horse armor... ?

Yeah... that... that needs to be addressed.

Personally I would just re-add carbarum armour and weaponary, but with the same damage/protection values as iron. This makes a diamond armoury only good for longevity (due to higher durability values), making it undesirable for wars as it costs that much more.

Personally I would just re-add carbarum armour and weaponary, but with the same damage/protection values as iron. This makes a diamond armoury only good for longevity (due to higher durability values), making it undesirable for wars as it costs that much more.

It's been stated that Carbarum won't be used for weapons or armor in Nexus - this was a point brought up often. I am unsure if that's changed or not recently.

I really don't see the problem with this.

I realize this topic is in the lore section, but it does overlap on my work to a great extent therefore I review it.

I am going to clarify, I have never said that Carbarum wouldn't be used in Nexus, those are rumours. What is going to happen to it, in-fact, it is going to become simply less powerful. Carbarum would have about a 1.2x edge over iron weaponry, and last longer because of its' natural durability. It is a weapon that takes an incredibly long time to forge, takes great resources, and even then does not have as high of an edge over iron as a wooden axe over using fists.

Implementing lore that would effectively remove an item from the game isn't wise, and if it is implemented anyways, it'll conflict with future plugin development and will require a rewrite. I'm giving 24 hours to respond, after which I will move this to denied.

(it was a good read though :3)

Freya, great read, you're a great writer but..

*Flips table*

YOUR PHYSICS AND SCIENCES ARE WRONG FHDGHDGHDGHDGHD

/endrant

Cool stuff Freya!

Implementing!

Right, okay. Just keep in mind this lore is temporary.