So new springs the Order, the Order so bright

Its fight shall not stop till all see the light

The Goal is simple, the motto clear

A light in all places lets no darkness near

So rally O Anthos, rally together

Be a light in the world, God's beacon forever

•Lore•

-The Founding

The clerical order is an order from almost the beginnings of Aegis. It was founded by a young brother and sister training to be monks in the Cloud Temple. Their names were Rebekah and Jacob. The both spent so much time praying to God and to the Aenguls and Daemons that they were smiled upon and blessed. They both were given the abilities to perform works for the gods and to commune with them on a higher level. The duo walked the width of Aegis spreading the light of the gods and growing the ranks of the Clerical Order they had started for those wanting to have this closeness to the gods. For a time they brought on a time of light to Aegis and were a large group called upon by all the nation for aid and counsel. It was the golden era of the clerics.

-The Fading of the Clerical Order

Years after the death of Jacob and Rebekah, the Undead and Ascended first arose. The Order, without the guidance of the founders, had not grown and the most powerful clerics had all died out with none coming to take their place. The people of Aegis had lost faith in the Clerics and with the coming of the Ascended no one called upon the clerics at all. The Ascended became the new light and the Clerics faded from memory.

-The Rediscovery

Years after the Clerical Order had fallen completely from memory and the war of the Undead and Ascended was at its peak, Thrym Silverfist, a young smith, became a cleric. He knew nothing of the original order but wanted to learn more about any clerics there may have been in the past. He went to his family manor, the Irongut manor, and studied long hours in the library. After long hours of searching and praying he found a early journal of Heron Irongut, written before he had fallen, in it he found mention of Heron discovering a clerical order in the Temple Library. Thrym set out at once and spent over a day in the Library searching for the text. Once he found it he begged the Druid Order to let him copy it to form a new Clerical Order. After talking it over the Order agreed. Thrym has now set out to make a new Clerical Order and is in search of other who want to become servants of the gods. The ascended have become few in this day and age and cannot spread light everywhere without help. This Order will help it happen.

The Clerics had taken part in no significant events in Asulon, besides the great Areon Baldwin, famous for his great deeds.

Next chapter to be done on Anthos and the Prophet leaving.

The Patrons of the Light and the Light Itself

Patrons

(According to new Aengudaemon lore, all Clerics besides Creator-Clerics have to follow Tahariae.)

Tahariae

Aengul of Purification

- So ever vigilant, he kept watch over Aeriel's children. An invisible guidance as he looked over their worship, amazed by their faith even with the lack of her gift all through Auslon. Tahariae gave his own to them, watching Clerics grow as he silently bestowed them. Even watching the fall of some becoming corrupted with their greed of power. Were he took his gift from them so they could see their wrongs. As time passed as he studied them, beginning to understand the love Aeriel had for the people in Aegis. Seeing their suffering as they lost their world, many cleric still prayed for protection under their Aengul whom could not hear their pleas.

Then he gave them dreams came to those saw worthy on their first night in Anthos. Upon these dreams were visited by a Golden Stag. A symbol of purity. It would seek out those who remained faithful and pure. He placed in their minds the tale of their sudden return of their gift in Auslon, and how their faith to Aeriel had impressed Tahariae, and he had bestowed them their gifts. The regal Stag, mysterious and strong told them of Tahariae wanting to be their patron and protect the people from evil and keep their souls pure. But if they broke their bond, he could not forgive them as his preachers. But forgive them as lambs lost of the flock. -

Tahariae, as a patron, has small orders of Clerics. They must follow his faith, if they become corrupted or turn to a different Patron, they lose all of their gifts, and remembrance of what they once knew of magic. They cannot return to being a Cleric if the bond breaks between them and their faith. Tahariae has a set that Master Clerics, the strongest bond in faith, lead his over all his Clerics. The Clerics have different areas those whom preach, or protect, or those whom heal. Only Veterans may become Master Clerics, and only three can be entitled with this at a time.

Tahariae Favor

[*] Shelter and protect thy brethren.

[*] Cannot stray from thy faith.

[*] Shall guide the lost.

[*] Shall not kill, harm, or spill the blood of the innocence

[*] Abuse of thine gift and punishment will fall to you.

What would happen to Clerics who leave the order or break the code:

If any are to break the code of Tahariae their powers will slowly start to fade away and their souls will be scared to never again to learn Clerical or any divine magic. But if any are to harm or kill the innocent and pure, the Patron of Purity will immediately remove his blessing from the Cleric causing great pain and and misery on the now lost cleric, forever scarred by the patron for breaking the code.

The Ranks

•Cleric Ranks•

-Pupil: A Pupil either attending classes taught by the High Cleric or a Teacher Cleric. Or is being taught their skills on the field under the wing of a Cleric or higher.

-Apprentice: A pupil who has been in the Clerical Order long enough to be trusted. He will soon undergo the trials to become a Cleric and will usually accompany clerics and master clerics. A very short process, albeit Clerics that are under trial due to past actions will be moved down to this rank, becoming sort of a Vanguard.

-Cleric: A cleric is blessed by his patron and carries a golden staff to spread the light of the patrons to all of Aegis. Before a Pupil becomes a Cleric, the Prophet must give him the blessing of his patron.

(A regular cleric example.)

sqAkOAI.png

-Master Clerics:  Three Clerics chosen by the Prophet. Each one is master in some aspect of Clerical magic,  whether it be healing, or combat. And each one shall be stationed in different nations to keep relations good and to keep the area pure and safe from harm. But shall not get into wars and battles of that nation in the name of the Order.

(A master cleric example.)

Gstf2lp.png

-The Council of Light: Three men/women whom all specialize in a different sect of the order. For example, one is a War-Cleric, one is a Healer, and one is a Paladin. This system is being used temporarily due to the Prophet leaving the order. They assume the role of a prophet except with the responsibilities divided into three people.

Misc. Cleric Ranks

-Historian: A cleric who hold all of the Clerical artifacts and and ancient history/lore books on the Clerics. This is more or less a title, and he manages the library and any special possesions of the Clerics.

(More will be added when we have more clerics.)

Roster

Council of Light:

Siris Renler, the War-Cleric - (Lanader)

Rethu, the Healer - (Wungee)

Daniel Kamura, the High-Guardian - (dandan1350)

Master Clerics:

N/A

Clerics:

Mirlene Silverleaf (Modernwar275)

Apprentices:

Layla - (Dovahbro)

Pupils:

Jack Lawrence - (spqrSancus)

Makayla Tinumiel - (MonkeyCoffee)

Haruki Ishikawa - (Xerxes_XIII)

Layla - (Dovahbro)

Kaun - (GeneralKaun)

Quavinir (Goldensaint2)

•Paladin Ranks•

-Protector: Brand new Paladins who wants to learn even more and hopefully become a veteran Guardian one day. They must spend much time under the training of a Teacher,  Paladin, or a Guardian

-Paladin: Those who are truly devoted to the patron however do not currently harness the power of Tahariae, they are devoted and skilled warriors, assigned to protect the Clerics of the order. They spend their time on physical training more so than praying.

-Guardian: These are warrior clerics. They spend less time in prayer and more time in physical training. While still close to their patron a Paladin often will not raise much farther in the ranks due to not being able to dedicate as much time to becoming closer to his patron as other clerics.

-Sentinel: A paladin of the order who has sworn himself to the order, their personal life no longer existent, their name forgotten. The sentinel is tasked with the hunting down of rouge clerics who would attempt to flee the order and join darker beings. Their skills are solely around hunting down single entities that are an immediate threat to the order should no rouge clerics be about they are.

-High Guardian: The highest rank of the paladin’s. Holding a seat on the council of light the high guardian is normally a trained warrior cleric, blessed by the patron with his powers and often a strong swordsman. They spend their time looking over the paladins of the order, insuring they fulfill their duty. They are also incharge of the protection of clerics within the order, assigning paladins to assist the clerics on certain objectives and missions. They often are granted blessed weaponry and armour, also holding a large amount of knowledge about the order, there may only be one High Guardian.

- Paladin Roster -

High Guardian:

Daniel Kamura (dandan1350)

Sentinel:

Guardian:

Haelphon Tarus (AcerBuddy)

Paladin: 

Rickard Ireton (Rickyjctv)

Jakir Axem (Jakesassey40)

Protector:

Quinlan Campbell (Leowarrior14)

Thosis Willdinar (SureLockHomes)

Gawain de Rosaen (Origin_Lark)

William Ravenfall (Paintballz)

Spencer Cross (Snipes9990)

•Magic of Faith•

(Refer to the War-Cleric and Priest Healing guides for information.)

•OOC Applications•

(For Clerics:)

OOC:

IGN:

Skype Name:

Any reports or revokes:

IC (written as a letter):

Roleplaying Name:

Race:

(Answer these from your character’s perspective, not your OOC answer.)

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Cleric are? -

Ambitions as a Cleric/Reason for joining? -

Do you pledge your devotion to the order and Tahariae?:

(For Paladins:)

OOC:

IGN:

Skype name(May be sent via PM’s):

IC (May be written as a letter, or personally seeking out a paladin)

Name:

Race:

Prefered weapon:

Why do you wish to join us on our journey:

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Paladin are?:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you want to learn other magic?

Just because you join this guild doesn't mean that magic is gone. However, as the magic this guild has comes from a different source and is, actually, a completely different kind of magic, you can no longer learn the other magic. For example, if you are a mage and you join this guild you can no longer train your mage skills. Also, as you grow stronger in Clerical Magic you will become less and less attached to the source of you mage/shaman/druid magic which means if you were a master of Mage magic by the time you become a master of Cleric magic you won't be able to do Mage magic. Basically, better you cleric magic, worse your other magic. This is to prevent people from being OP. The only magic this doesn't effect is enchanting magic of items, unless it was evil enchantments. This is because the Patrons can give you the ability to imbue things with their power. Basically if you could "enchant a sword" now you can "bless the sword". But again, the blessing's power is equal to your ability with clerical magic. Just think before using it.

---------- FAQ’s ----------

Frequently Asked Questions about the Clerical Order, should any of these not answer your question feel free to PM one of the clerics listed in the Council Of Light

Q. Does one have to worship Tahariae to learn clerical magic

A. Yes annnnd no, one can learn priest healing under the Creator outside of the order, however War-Cleric magic is strictly for the followers of Tahariae who are within the order.

Hosper sees the posters of the Clerics as he rides across Anthos under the pale skies of dusk. He takes a moment to read the length of it. He then begins to talk to himself.

"And so the fledgling shall take flight and soar. With the guidance of Tahariea I leave them in confidence that the work of the Clerics and beliefs shall live on to be passed to the chosen who will be ready to raise the weight of purity upon their shoulders. I shall return to you soon brothers for now there is much work I must attend to the light must shine through this haze that has settled upon us."

He then clutches at the large pendant around his neck of the Cleric seal he then chants the hymn of the clerics three times before climbing back up onto his horse and continues his ride.

Sprat stares blankly at the posters, taking note at the sketches of the uniforms, squinting slightly whilst idly reading...

The demon rattles its head, huffing in a low mumble, "...Ew."

/me did not expect to get this far.

OOC:

IGN: Treshure

Skype Name: jason.trackter

Any reports or revokes: N/A

Roleplaying Name: Horendeil the Beautiful

Race: Elf

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Cleric are? - "Helpin' the people of the world, purgin' evil, you know? Evil is bad, gotta purge it somehow. Clerics just heal people and make stuff better, y'know? Totally."

Ambitions as a Cleric/Reason for joining? - I like to help the people of the world, man. Sure you would too. Let's all help. I'm getting off track. I wanna purge the evil with you all, and help the world. It's what the Beautiful does."

OOC:

IGN:

Emeriick

cmjacket

Name:

Kaelys Kaden Hightower, of the old Horen-Hightower bloodline.

Race:

Half-Elf, though I prefer to consider myself Human.

Prefered weapon:

I've mostly used a Bastard Sword all my life, though I suppose I can adapt to anything. 

I will not lie.. I have not been a good person for most of my life. My childhood was filled with Politics and Hate, and I've been bitter against the world because of it. I have done evil things because of this. Things I regret.

But I've always felt a ping in my heart when I did the worst, I've always had regret. Doubt. I've always wanted to be something better but I did not know how. But.. I've heard of Clerics. My sister was one after all, and they always seemed to be good people. And that's what I want.

I want to learn how to be good, I want to learn how to be a protector of the innocent and I believe  Tahariae can show me how to do this.

I am no stranger to Oaths and I know they are importance. But I cannot claim to know much of this 'Tahariae' other then that he is a patron of Light. I am prepared to Pledge myself to him, but I will not lie and say I do not need help learning.

I know little of religion and even less of these fancy magics you clerics carry about. But I am prepared to learn of this god and his ways if he will show me the light.

As a boy In royalty I heard of the stories of Knights and chivalry. However this is not what I saw in my home's Knights, I saw only corrupt monsters with swords whom harmed innocents every day. I believe a Paladin is a true knight, one that protects the weak and the innocent. One that defends the Light and I am prepared to do this.

Though I will certainly need help with this "Worship" stuff. I cannot say I've ever been one for religion.

A bird zips through the sky, flapping it's wings vigorously as it soars over the head of Horendeil, a neatly put together letter dropping from the bird's talons and landing before him.

agQNgoM.png

"Dear Horendeil,

I do not believe you are fit to join the order, if you wish to reapply, go right ahead but please, take some time to reconsider your choices and decisions, best of luck. ~Rethu"

Artimec sends a private bird to Rethu.

The bird zooms back to it's master with a reply.

OOC:

IGN: spqrSancus

Skype Name: spqrSancus1

Any reports or revokes: None.

Roleplaying Name: My name is Jack Lawrence.

Race: I am human.

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Cleric are? - Simply put, I would believe it to heal and protect the people of this world, and to keep it in balance.

Ambitions as a Cleric/Reason for joining? - I would like to bring some peace to the souls who have been trapped on the mortal plane as spirits or corpses, and help them pass on to the next life, wherever that may be. I would also like to have the ability to heal the victims of the more malevolent entities that exist, be their injury of mind or body.

OOC:

IGN: spqrSancus

Skype Name: spqrSancus1

Any reports or revokes: None.

Roleplaying Name: My name is Jack Lawrence.

Race: I am human.

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Cleric are? - Simply put, I would believe it to heal and protect the people of this world, and to keep it in balance.

Ambitions as a Cleric/Reason for joining? - I would like to bring some peace to the souls who have been trapped on the mortal plane as spirits or corpses, and help them pass on to the next life, wherever that may be. I would also like to have the ability to heal the victims of the more malevolent entities that exist, be their injury of mind or body.

A letter is returned back to the man, it reads:

"Accepted. I hope to see you soon, contact me via letter or come to our home is Lennioel."

(Added you on skype.)

OOC:

IGN:

Emeriick

cmjacket

Name:

Kaelys Kaden Hightower, of the old Horen-Hightower bloodline.

Race:

Half-Elf, though I prefer to consider myself Human.

Prefered weapon:

I've mostly used a Bastard Sword all my life, though I suppose I can adapt to anything. 

I will not lie.. I have not been a good person for most of my life. My childhood was filled with Politics and Hate, and I've been bitter against the world because of it. I have done evil things because of this. Things I regret.

But I've always felt a ping in my heart when I did the worst, I've always had regret. Doubt. I've always wanted to be something better but I did not know how. But.. I've heard of Clerics. My sister was one after all, and they always seemed to be good people. And that's what I want.

I want to learn how to be good, I want to learn how to be a protector of the innocent and I believe  Tahariae can show me how to do this.

I am no stranger to Oaths and I know they are importance. But I cannot claim to know much of this 'Tahariae' other then that he is a patron of Light. I am prepared to Pledge myself to him, but I will not lie and say I do not need help learning.

I know little of religion and even less of these fancy magics you clerics carry about. But I am prepared to learn of this god and his ways if he will show me the light.

As a boy In royalty I heard of the stories of Knights and chivalry. However this is not what I saw in my home's Knights, I saw only corrupt monsters with swords whom harmed innocents every day. I believe a Paladin is a true knight, one that protects the weak and the innocent. One that defends the Light and I am prepared to do this.

Though I will certainly need help with this "Worship" stuff. I cannot say I've ever been one for religion.

A letter is returned back to the man, it reads:

"Accepted. I hope to see you soon, contact me via letter or come to our home is Lennioel."

(Added you on skype.)

A note is left at the entrance of the dorm area of the Cleric Base within Leanniel, it reading:

"Members of the order are asked to join us at a meeting to reassess our situation and to help us figure out our next steps. The time is still yet to be decided but will be announced soon, the meeting will consist of: Planning our next steps, informing those of recent changes within the order, informing those of rank changes within the order, going over recent applicants to the order and assigning of students should any pupils be without a cleric to guide them. The time and date is still to be decided, the location will be our base in the main common room. ((Not decided if IC or forum rp yet, details will be given soon.))

Along with that we ask any and all members of the order to come and leave a note here informing us that they are still with us in this world and that they still support the order, withholding its values." - High Guardian Daniel

A note is left, bearing Jack Lawrence's signature.

I am Jack Lawrence, a recently accepted pupil currently without a teacher. I am making my way to Lennioel, as soon as I can find directions. I do support the order and it's values, or at the least, what I know of them.

((It's LENNIEL :livid: ))

((Sorry! In the acceptance post it said Lennioel! D: Sorry! I said sorry! SORRY! D: ))

OOC:

IGN:

Galendar_Aveere

Skype Name:

galendar.aveere

Any reports or revokes:

All too old to matter

Roleplaying Name:

Evarir Leary

Race:

Wood Elf

What do you believe the responsibilities of a Cleric are? - To uphold the faith as well as to guide people into understanding it. As well, it is to assist those who are in need of help.

Ambitions as a Cleric/Reason for joining? - I seek purpose in this forsaken world. Now, more then ever, the darkness bleeds out from the depths of the northern walls. I seek to serve a better purpose.