[Complete/review-Ready] Cal'tarethro Magic

Mephistophelian

I'm just bumping this topic. I still think this is a nice idea (duh, bumbass, you made it), so I want others to see it! Honestly, though, if no one wants it implemented, I am fine to let the idea drop. That would be sad, though, because I put so much time into this....which is kind of obvious if anyone takes the time to read through the entire lore and all.

The book saps the aura from living entities around it? I would change that a bit as that's an ability of shade magic, though shade corrupts then pulls away.

I'm pretty sure you can RP this magic now (since mechanical default and whatnot). Ask an LM about it, perhaps?

The book saps the aura from living entities around it? I would change that a bit as that's an ability of shade magic, though shade corrupts then pulls away.

Well, this just slightly saps energy to keep power to the runes on it. I will see with the people who control/use shade magic, but I understand that you are one of them, so I might change that piece of lore altogether.

I'm pretty sure you can RP this magic now (since mechanical default and whatnot). Ask an LM about it, perhaps?

Oh....well, I'll ask a lore master then! Thanks. :3

Yes, I can see this working and it would definetly be interesting. However, I would want some detailed guides because if this is RPd wrong.. Damn..

I'll make sure to add guides on how NOT to RP each symbol, if you want, Draeris, but I have already included a guide for each sub-symbol group. Thanks for the input, anyway :)

Looks good! +1

elindor.. how dare you!

Err, I like the idea of this lore. +1.

I didn't resurrect it. It was like that when I got here.

+1

Copy of Doomforge Fleshrunes

But seriously, a devine group of writings that enable their writers to be able to perform extreme acts and minipulate the world...

That happen to be given with express concept of fighting Iblees...

Its runesmithing, specifically, doomforge runesmithings.

No necromancy plz

As lima said.. this is like 99% what the doom forge / ironborn flesh runes are. The way we call it is with red and blue ones etc. Basically you carve a dwarfish onto your and you gain this power. Unforatinaly i think flesh runes are already a thing? Just not in as much detail as this.

​But on the whole a very good post. Maybe this could be the offical flesh rune page? (with a bit of tweaking and talking to the Doomforge :P )

Copy of Doomforge Fleshrunes

But seriously, a devine group of writings that enable their writers to be able to perform extreme acts and minipulate the world...

That happen to be given with express concept of fighting Iblees...

Its runesmithing, specifically, doomforge runesmithings.

No necromancy plz

Not only that, but a magic similar to runesmithing involving symbols on the body? Sounds a lot like runesmithing in Dungeons and Dragons for Dwarves which is based off symbols on the body and tatoos. I like the magic otherwise, but see how it can be too powerful, hopefully it can be fleshed out to be more balanced. 

Ironborn runes are blood runes but this is a totally underpowered flesh rune concept.