$Scaling$The$Walls$

ARCHITECUS

It's kind of dumb when people pop ladders up a 20 block high wall or a mountain and lead their whole army in just dumb

But there's still a place for ladders. If the wall is like less than six blocks or something you can make a little ladder up it if you can.

zwfrl3h.png

If the wall is around ten blocks people and can't be bypassed by normal ladders, the attackers should be able to make a big ladder. (not in raids, just in skirmish zones (pls return them) and dynamically in wars)

TYapn8l.png

If there's a warclaim you can include a good ol gallery/siege tower but I think properly executed siege weapons would be better (no exploding ballistas and fire bullshit)

rhAwLjF.png

You dare present logic!?

In all seriousness, had one of these in the WR a while back. Never got to use it. Requires pre-screening of the enemy walls for count as well. GL doing this during aggressions.

_ladder-to-moon-0453710.jpg

how people see ladders in LoTC

You just posted this for +1s

but seriously look at this laddering, game 2 strong

gf though I wasn't there

I agree, it makes ones life hell to make walls considering how Minecraft does laddering.

I feel like it would be relatively easy to create a plugin like this using the pre-existing tent plugin, just move some blocks around. I like this and it adds a cool dynamic.

I feel like it would be relatively easy to create a plugin like this using the pre-existing tent plugin, just move some blocks around. I like this and it adds a cool dynamic.

Someone like that would work good for big ladders.

You could build walls like those in Dark-Age so that people can't just ladder straight up them.

I see what your saying it is kinda stupid, but I think its up to the architects to build well-defended walls.

EDIT:

Tent-Mechanic Siege towers would be so cool!

Mech standard.

I do believe, correct me if I'm wrong, mechanical standard applies to lore in the sense that if it can be represented through MC items (Ex. Cheesburger as a steak or a short-sword as an iron sword)

It also comes into this. Can you place a ladder down and roleplay it was a way to get into a settlement? Congrats you found a way in.

It also comes into this. Can you place a ladder down and roleplay it was a way to get into a settlement? Congrats you found a way in.

Have you tried roleplaying at an enemy's wall with over 30+ players on each side trying to shoot you and PVP you to death? You'd know its impossible to RP in the middle of the PVP action.

I think the point is that if you get in with mechanics you can get in, end of story. I thought most of the people posting here were advocates for mechanics combat.