[Complete][Lore] Yah'sharau And The Mraka'svijeta

NomadGaia

23 members have voted

1. 1. For form changing, would you rather have the racial buffs of your original race, or the racial buffs of your new form's race?

• We should keep the original being's racial buffs.
    • We should be able to use the racial buffs of whatever form we use.

• You get the racial buffs of the form that you change into

Venom I think you should change that it would be simpler to keep your own racial buff due to personas and such.

• Turning into a "dark one" will render you completely and utterly infertile.

Umm could you not just limit this to the other forms 

Also I call dibs on magic book :D

I actually kinda like this, it's not the run-of-the-mill magic idea. It'd add more of a fantasy feel (and not /weird/ fantasy, we have too much of that) to the server, which I'm always in support of. It's also a magic that doesn't take months to learn - NICE!

As for questions, are you planning to make some sort of evil guild with this?

No, Nor will I ever. I just don't want to turn this into a guild only magic. 

How does one find out if another is a dark one? If you see a shadow lurking in on a war council, how would you dispose of it? Like ghosts, dread knights, and other spooky things, they all have their weaknesses. So, what are the dark ones?

How does one find out if another is a dark one? If you see a shadow lurking in on a war council, how would you dispose of it? Like ghosts, dread knights, and other spooky things, they all have their weaknesses. So, what are the dark ones?

There are ways to see if one is a dark one, but they're not made to be easily found because its a disguising magic. As I've stated in the lore, a small muscle deep tattoo like sigil on their lower back can be seen. It never fades, though can be easily covered, as the whole point of the magic is so you can go undercover for an extended period of time. There is a way to destroy one for the time being, which is also stated in the lore. You have to destroy their obsidian gem. However, they don't have to keep it on them. It could be anywhere as long as it is accessible. 

There are ways to see if one is a dark one, but they're not made to be easily found because its a disguising magic. As I've stated in the lore, a small muscle deep tattoo like sigil on their lower back can be seen. It never fades, though can be easily covered, as the whole point of the magic is so you can go undercover for an extended period of time. There is a way to destroy one for the time being, which is also stated in the lore. You have to destroy their obsidian gem. However, they don't have to keep it on them. It could be anywhere as long as it is accessible. 

Mmm, derp on my part for first question and for the second I meant more along the lines of would the shadow be vulnerable to magic or holy fire (I'm assuming yes on the holy fire part because dark arts and whatnot) or something like that?

Mmm, derp on my part for first question and for the second I meant more along the lines of would the shadow be vulnerable to magic or holy fire (I'm assuming yes on the holy fire part because dark arts and whatnot) or something like that?

You would be correct in assuming that they would be vulnerable, in shadow form. However when transformed, they are only slightly more affected than normal people by holy magic as there is that dark magic there, but the humanoid part is also there.

• No Form will ever grant you a combative, mental, or magical advantage.

I wouldn't be entirely resolute on that wording. The racial buffs aside, if the person decided to take the form of an average orc his combat effectiveness would raise, regardless. That's just my nitpicking though, I like the lore. I like it mainly because our, "Dark Arts" are rather lacking, basically being summed up with Necromancers and Shades, a third would be nice. The only other thing I would personally like is just more lore. Not in this early stage as it is, but in the final stage possibly have a spoiler with extended lore on it. Anyways, like it!

Also, don't be afraid to give your lore a little oomph if you want. Balancing means making something balanced, not just nerfing it all to hell to try and get it accepted. (Which I don't think you are doing, but just mentioning that.)

Would like to point out that dark arts are NOT lacking, it is your knowledge on them that is. Shall I name a few? Yeah, why not:

-Dread Knights

-Necromancers

-Frost Witches

-Shades

-Contract Magic

-Soul Puppetry

-Blood Magic

-and more I might have missed

We aren't lacking in the amounts of dark magic. I agree with everything else you said, however :)

Well this is not a group its just a disguise magic also that dark arts are lacking they barley do any antagonist like events and in my entire time on the temp map they have been abesnt

Well this is not a group its just a disguise magic also that dark arts are lacking they barley do any antagonist like events and in my entire time on the temp map they have been abesnt

I can speak as a Dread Knight here, and I will admit that we have been inactive. We have been far from absent, though. I've been away for a few days, but before that I had a lot of stuff going on on this map. I know that at least one Necromancer has been active, and I can't speak for the rest. We've not been absent.

Now, onto my opinion on this idea. I think it's pretty cool. I don't have much of a strong opinion either way, although this does seem both creative and interesting. I'd prefer something a little more outgoing, but disguise magic like this seems interesting.

The one problem I have with this is that; usually any magic that deals with shape-changing of any kind doesn't pass, due to the fact that it's similar to druid shapeshifting, and the staff doesn't want anything too similar to druidic magic to keep druidic magic its own deal. Lots of magic that would only change a character's race/gender/height/etc doesn't get passed due to this fact. 

However, I do like the idea, and I recommend that you keep trying to get this accepted as lore.

Looooore needs a debuff 

Why, and what?

Marking as complete

I am sorry to say that this lore went to LM voting and has been denied.

Main reasons for denial are the similarity between other creatures, and the seemingly complicated lore. They appear to do too much, yet seemingly to come down to shapeshifting. Overall bland and unnoriginal.