Hoist The Colours, The Pirate Siege: Event Line

drfate786

Like Treshure said, ET will assist with events if they are intended to be fun for all and not some personal crusade or whatever. It isn't as much of a terrible task to recruit players and make ships like you're saying. If you're charismatic enough and pitch the idea properly, I think people could possibly enjoy pirate RP. 

I do not support this, this sounds as if you're just trying to target humans into an event that they would ultimately not enjoy as well as to kill them. I recently saw your other thread about how you thought humans where 'hedgies' and it was a cancerous thread which targeted a large and active part of the player base just because you didn't like it when you got killed for playing a character that is most likely going to attract some sort of attention from the religious Orenians. This is purely based on OOC feuds or some sort of deep hatred you have for Human's on this fantasy minecraft roleplay server. Ave Oren, Ave Humanity.

-edit-

I intend for you to feel offended by this, this is not constructive criticism it is my way of telling you that you are wrong

I think people need to calm down and stop plaguing an event-plan, ET-oriented thread with snide **** about personal vendettas and petty get-backs. No one cares if you think who did what to whoever and they want to do something because of it, you take it off of things like this thread so the threads' actual details can be discussed. As it should be. Jesus Christ.

The event itself seems somewhat demanding in time and member resources, as building ships and assembling a pirate crew would hard-press the team in gathering either a large bulk of it's actors and builders to focus on the project, or to look to player volunteers to join as brief pirate roles (the latter sounding both more fun and easy to manage). Yes, a pirate ship can be built and you don't have to waste your time on building one yourself as said before. No, I don't think it'll be particularly possible before the map change or a little while after. What I would suggest is to tuck this idea for later, preferably awhile after everything is settled in the next map, before any concrete evidence is to take place.

Cheers for submitting, drfate. 

This is a nice meme. It almost sounds like it's exclusively to get at Oren and you just threw Salvus into it so that it could seem like it's not just to dig on Oren.

I have problems with RP vendettas getting into OOC. I believe it should stay purely RP.

Oh ok so your saying i have to build massive ships with resources i don't have and assemble a large team of actors to RP pirates that i don't have and even build in land that is already claimed and that i will not have access to? Not to mention the fact that the ships would have to be world edited into the world during the flood.

I sort of get where you're coming from, but, if you're going to lead the attacks, wouldn't it make sense for you to take care of the logistics? From what it seems like to me, these pirates and their fleet don't exist at the moment. GMs would definitely help you move your ships should you build them, and they might give you access to an area to construct ships (Although, building them in a drydock in the wilds isn't impossible)

You can also use Schematica to help you build ships if you're not good at building ships. There are some nice schematics here. (Creative commons actually. Build boats away!) Getting wood and wool and other things is the only part that's in your way, but I doubt that's an insurmountable obstacle.

I think a pirate event, should we have an interim between changing maps from Athera to 5.0, would certainly be nice to pass time, but I think you're approaching it the wrong way. 

If we don't, once we get into the new map, there's nothing preventing you from building a pirate fleet, and I'm sure there are players that'd be interested in it. Good luck, I guess!

For previous reasons already argued within this thread, the Event Team won't take on this personal endeavor. Denied.