[✗] The Vailor Drake Riders

Keldrith

Event Planners, MC Names: obskaterkid

Event Type: Antagonist

Event Date:  6/27/15

Factions/Nations effected by the event: All Factions and Nations affected

Event Location: Vailor

Summary: The Vailor Drake Riders (RP Preview) A young farm hand stays up late for work, harvesting his crops before the rustles of the treeline bushes frighten him. The unfortunate lad makes his way to the bushes to investigate the noise.. Out of the bush shoots one of the forgotten Zaagin drakes, with it’s sharp claws and teeth it lashes out at the young boy, luckily the boy tripped over his own feet and fell on his behind, staring into the eyes of his own dark fate. The baby drake makes his way towards the young boy step  by step while dragging it’s steel sharp claws in the fertile soil. The beast peers over the boy with obvious confusion and disgust. The young boy crawls back and stands, turning on his heels and running away from the monster. After this act, all that could be done from the boy was screech as the claws of the Drake grasp his shoulders and send him flying through the sky. Both the Drake and the Boy were never seen again after that, however only rumors suggest that the Boy became the legendary Drake Rider, soon taking others in and forming the small cult of Riders.

(ooc Information)

Dragons are something that I think in most cases fantasy roleplay games should have, being a fan of games like The Elder Scrolls and The Witcher you grow to love the Idea of mythical creatures, especially Dragons. So this is my attempt at integrating more dragons into the world of Lord of the Craft in a new innovating way. After seeing so many server antagonists fall because the player base gives up on them or because their jobs weren't done right led me to create this Idea.

I am attempting to make the new map seem more fun to the players who don't feel like building right off  the bat but instead exploring and hunting for dragons, cultists, and supporters of this. This will be Player Run (Explanation on how will be later).  I am a strong believer that RP fighting can be fun to some people, and that’s the largest reason why I make this, because who doesn’t want to say their character is a “Dragon Slayer”. This will be a Non-offensive cult, by that I mean this is not meant to actually hurt people. This cult only attacks those who search for them and will stay within their own boundaries. Attacks will be confined to things like Forbidden Knowledge (cult secrets, forbidden magics etc.), so only people who search for this will be attacked (Unless you are a follower of someone who is, I never said innocent people wouldn’t be affected).

Settlement Attacks are the main offensive focus (Farms, churches, small villages, caravans etc.). Dragons like to hunt for their food and they also enjoy watching anything they can’t eat burn before them. This will lead to problems like, public disorder, food shortages, supply shortages etc.

Drakes are small in comparison to what you think an average dragon looks like, they have large feathers and look similar to a hawk. Height- 16 Feet. Length- 24 Feet. Wingspan- 32 Feet.

Iblees is the Drake Rider’s patron. They terrorize and burn purely to please their master and fulfil his will.

The Drake Riders are the talented ones who were able to tame the Zaagin Drakes and use them as weapons.

Drake Roleplay is when the player roleplays both the Drake and the Rider, this may seem to be difficult at times so an ET  may be called to help out if needed with Drake Roleplay.

Concept Images/Screenshots: http://i.gyazo.com/bc3b145838c90f572da1a15767a48fb2.jpg

http://gyazo.com/5db72bd66e93e30c76ff9b3206857952

Other Information:

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Actors and Builders

. This will be a Non-offensive cult, by that I mean this is not meant to actually hurt people.

So why do they go on offensives, then.

(Updated)

. This will be a Non-offensive cult, by that I mean this is not meant to actually hurt people.

So why do they go on offensives, then.

It is defensive mostly. If they are being attacked or if an area of importance is being vandalized..

Not the first time this has come up... 

Dragons are highly restricted and need ET head approval even when an ET wants to play one. Dragons are also almost extinct on LotC due to lore and whatnot.

I highly doubt players will be given the right to RP as large (even if you describe as smaller, they are still pretty big) destructive beasts. And why would Iblees be involved?

Dragons are highly restricted and need ET head approval even when an ET wants to play one. Dragons are also almost extinct on LotC due to lore and whatnot.

I highly doubt players will be given the right to RP as large (even if you describe as smaller, they are still pretty big) destructive beasts. And why would Iblees be involved?

Iblees doesn't have much to do with it, it's pretty much the trigger for players to hate this cult...

That doesn't make sense. To me, it sounds like a special snowflake group with "Iblees" slapped on it with no real cause as to why Iblees should even be affiliated with the group other than to be "the trigger for players."

EDIT: You can literally do the same thing with any other group and call them "Iblees affiliated." If you really want to provide a good, REAL player run antag, do it without asking for BS special powers and abilities.

That doesn't make sense. To me, it sounds like a special snowflake group with "Iblees" slapped on it with no real cause as to why Iblees should even be affiliated with the group other than to be "the trigger for players."

EDIT: You can literally do the same thing with any other group and call them "Iblees affiliated." If you really want to provide a good, REAL player run antag, do it without asking for BS special powers and abilities.

Unfortunately real player run a tags have not been sussessful (from what I've seen) and will need some staff affiliation to provide fun RP events. However, the method he describes in the OP simply won't do and will need some revising.