[✗] [Update] Mud Maiden

Jistuma

Weird, the last time I checked the wiki (and that was like months ago) for creature, weren't mud maidens already there?

EDIT: Wait I just noticed what you said, Jistuma. But why make an additional post about it?

Edited by Croleo676

Weird, the last time I checked the wiki (and that was like months ago) for creature, weren't mud maidens already there?

EDIT: Wait I just noticed what you said, Jistuma. But why make an additional post about it?

Bit more info on what the mud maiden can and can't do. The limitations as well and so on.

I have to ask, what is the legitimate point of this creature? It can't speak and cant really do much past stand there and maybe be a living statue. So literally eye candy.

Please, tell me what these are actually useful for? Give me an example of how these things can bring RP, because I have never heard of or seen one until this thread.

please at least expand upon my old idea pls. don't make these ******* worthless excuses of ftb candy.

I have to ask, what is the legitimate point of this creature? It can't speak and cant really do much past stand there and maybe be a living statue. So literally eye candy.

Please, tell me what these are actually useful for? Give me an example of how these things can bring RP, because I have never heard of or seen one until this thread.

It's basically the same as a bryophwhatever or cervitasomething, just strange creatures that you can try to communicate or interact with. There's more to RP than combat and ftb'ing, just because these creatures can't participate in those doesn't mean they can't bring RP. Simply by walking around to certain places will attract folks who will try to interact with the creature. 

'Course, that's uninteresting to some who can't really stand more peaceful avenues of RP and the creature will probably be attacked on sight by some autists, but that's life. You probably haven't seen any before because they weren't really playable unless you spoke to Jistuma directly.

This is quite literaly a type of non violent creature. If I can say it the best way, this creature is the only creature that is completely non violent, which can lead to situations where characters can start to make choises that they wouldn't have before. Even thought it's a creature that is completely made of mud, and the characters would, with a lot of experience, think it evil and dangerous, come to find it out to be a harmless creature which can't defend herself.

This can, and has, created discord between characters that find the creature, some willing to attack her as soon as she is seen, and others protecting it because of her peaceful looks and because she did nothing wrong. For others it is a turist attraction, for others can turn out to be a friend, for others an offence against nature, for others a weird creature to experiment on.

For the mud maiden itself, the interractions may lead her to make friends, be afraid, travel places looking for safety, make friends, find something she enjoys doing, gain fears and dislikes, and gain excitement and hobbies. It would be a mute character with special characteristics which make her interract with other characters a bit differently.

I was going to make an extensive post on why I thought this was rather pointless, but many have already said this for me, and Grimreaper's lore above actually fixes the problems that this creature has.
It brings something to the table in the fact that it preys on living beings, whilst also keeping some of the neutral tendencies due to only preying on these things to survive(and even then these things are not always Descendants which I applaud, I bet one could easily run its course without ever truly needing to eat someone). It seems to fit within nature far better than this creature that has little purpose.

You could create a strange mute woman easily with the resources the server already has, though I'm aware this lore is already accepted for some reason.

I'd enjoy to see it. . . but the problem is players aren't going to want to RP it other than wanting to be a 'special snowflake' as others said. I just believe they mud maiden needs to be allowed to do stuff. . . have a profession, be able to work with her hands, learn magic, have a chance at doing something other than loving for a short period and then shriveling into a tiny rock. That is my only problem with this. 

i dont know about you but i have never ftbed with a pile of mud and i would sure like to try

can they inhabit gloop as well?  I want a gloop maiden to warm my bed.

Oh, sh*t, I'm sorry.

Sorry for what? Our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our mud, especially since it's such good size and all.

Yeah I see that, your daddy gave you good advice.

But seriously this is an absolutely ridiculous piece of lore. It's at the point where I've come to just assume that this is simply an elaborate meme - I don't know how you think this contributes anything to the server's RP. It's just another puerile Bryophite-style (i.e special snowflake) piece of writing with very little utility or even interesting dynamic pushed by the Lore Team to further their own bizarre and unusual agenda. 

I don't feel this is beneficial to the server in any shape or form. 

It's an interesting character, and It does seem cool.

But to be completely honest I'd rather have an Uruk come up to me chanting Klomp than a mud woman slithering around me. Like I said, It's interesting but it probably won't last long knowing they can't pvp, which has become popular in the server.

I don't feel this is beneficial to the server in any shape or form. 

Though, i'm usually all for others being 'special snowflakes' and enjoy peaceful RP. I to a degree have to agree with Piercing here. I like the lore, and like the creature but I don't think anyone would want to RP this as a normal player. I personally would and would like to make events with it but to many I can see why it seems pointless. It cannot talk, leave it's home, learn trades, pick things up. Most of what it can do is be a strange obscure creature. I do like the idea of letting normal players have the oppertunity to place misc creatures like mud maidens, or others creatures that may not require a creator but rather allow normal players to use to make events. And i'd love to see other creatures be able to do that in some misc construct sub type. Nevertheless, if you want other people to play it. It'd be cool to atleast allow the mudmaidens to talk, then they could be quest givers to a degree. Maybe, allow them to have some sort of magicky thing with the mud they touch so they can make like a duck out of mud if say they are touching it. But as it is now, it just seems kind of. Boring to interact with, from a general player standpoint

This is quite literaly a type of non violent creature. If I can say it the best way, this creature is the only creature that is completely non violent, which can lead to situations where characters can start to make choises that they wouldn't have before. Even thought it's a creature that is completely made of mud, and the characters would, with a lot of experience, think it evil and dangerous, come to find it out to be a harmless creature which can't defend herself.

This can, and has, created discord between characters that find the creature, some willing to attack her as soon as she is seen, and others protecting it because of her peaceful looks and because she did nothing wrong. For others it is a turist attraction, for others can turn out to be a friend, for others an offence against nature, for others a weird creature to experiment on.

For the mud maiden itself, the interractions may lead her to make friends, be afraid, travel places looking for safety, make friends, find something she enjoys doing, gain fears and dislikes, and gain excitement and hobbies. It would be a mute character with special characteristics which make her interract with other characters a bit differently.

Personally I don't think she needs to be in the server, we're already overly bloated with lore as is. I understand its an expansion of something else, but Idon't think we need its base nor the expansion.

I'm one for quiet rp but I honestly, I dont find the appeal to her. I'd find a normal player being mute more interesting than a mud-girl.