{CREATURES LORE/PLAYABLE RACE} Fidias

ChaoticallyCheshire

1 hour ago, The Cheshire Neko said:

Fidias feed off of the descendents and once in predator mode turn into full humans who can seduce anyone, from men to woman. Once they bring their prey back to their chambers, they change into their normal form and attack, going to usually eat their prey whole.

So; Lamias that play like Frost witches. Sorry, nah. We have enough horny 13 year olds falling prey to that.

Cold hard truth makes me mean then so be it. No more mister niceguynorman from here on out. 

If you couldn't think of a creation myth or story there is a huge playerbase here that you could've asked for suggestions or ideas, you could've gone with the typical 'daemon wants to play god and creates abomination' story like the khajayr did and probably many other half-species out there. 

Dying a tail wouldn't be much of an issue seeing as people have been able to permanently mark themselves with tattoos for thousands of years, plus there's the whole thing with the paint and the ink that can turn anything into your desired color.

Snakefolk need to seduce unsuspecting descendants to feast upon in order to regain their strength? Just like our good ol' ice cold friends the frost witches. Why not simply join them? Same premise minus having to be a half snake that lives in a color coded mori society.

Now, for my constructive criticism. It's fine to want to try something new, but the matter of fact is that we already have a whole variety of creatures and races to split up the playerbase. Like I stated, join the frost witches instead, a well established and well known race of man hunting women that are rightfully among the most feared beings on the server rivaled only by orenian conquerors, necromancers and silver tongued schemers. 

I've no quarrels with other people having their fun, but unfortunately I do have quarrels with unecessary lore with not all that much to show for it (I know, that's rich coming from the slothful 'sweet and short' man like myself.) Put a bit more depth into your lore, or meat on the bone as one might say. Not only will it look more enticing but hey, it could even stop me from complaining. A win-win. 

Once more I wish you luck, and please let me remind you that I've no issues with you, only the lore. I'm friends with everyone and I'd like to keep it that way.

41 minutes ago, The Cheshire Neko said:

I'm happy everyone is giving their opinion on this topic, whether it be a positive comment or a negative one, but there is a difference between constructive criticism and being flat out mean. You could have said this all in a much nicer way and if you had looked at the comments above you would have seen that while i have been thinking of this for months, i could not come up with the way they came to be. How can one dye a snakes tail? Please tell me seeing as a Fidia's tail is a snake tail. Also i put that Fidia's need to eat descendant every once in a while because it gives them energy, descendants helps rekindle their strength  and basic animals like cows just help keep them from starving, i understand animals gives energy and such but for a Fidia it is different. Next time you decide you want to give your opinion about someones ideas, please make sure it STAYS as constructive criticism and not turn into a "scrutinizing bastard."

LOTC IS A HUGBOX

DON'T

INVADE

MY

SAFE

SPACE

I like the idea, but as others have said it needs to be more thorough in my opinion and have more lore (which I'm guessing you're probably working on) and until I see more lore then I'm not too interested, and Good Luck!

I'd be interested in fornicating with one, and so would John Horen!

I don't find this lore to be overtly unique, interesting, or even fun to read. This holds far too many similarities to Frost Witches and I feel that due to its distinct lack of substance as a lore piece it will not end up accepted.

Just now, Guck said:

I'd be interested in fornicating with one, and so would John Horen!

Do not presume to assume things.

4 minutes ago, Kylo Ren said:

I don't find this lore to be overtly unique, interesting, or even fun to read. This holds far too many similarities to Frost Witches and I feel that due to its distinct lack of substance as a lore piece it will not end up accepted.

We all have opinions and that's certainly not mine. I found it absolutely fun to read, and interesting, to be honest I don't think it will become accepted but atleast she put effort into the race and everyone should be proud of that.

9 minutes ago, Kylo Ren said:

I'm kinda tired of hearing how people compare Fidias to frost witches seeing as the only similarity is that they have is that they prey on people, and from what i've heard they only prey on men? Well if that is true then frost witches and Fidias have even less in common. Fidias prey on both men and woman, no matter if the Fidia is a man or a woman. Fidia's also are fertile unlike frost witches and rely on family. Also Fidias are both MAN and WOMAN, not just girls. Thank you for your ignorant comment and goodbye.

20 minutes ago, The Cheshire Neko said:

I'm kinda tired of hearing how people compare Fidias to frost witches seeing as the only similarity is that they have is that they prey on people, and from what i've heard they only prey on men? Well if that is true then frost witches and Fidias have even less in common. Fidias prey on both men and woman, no matter if the Fidia is a man or a woman. Fidia's also are fertile unlike frost witches and rely on family. Also Fidias are both MAN and WOMAN, not just girls. Thank you for your ignorant comment and goodbye.

Not the point. It just seems the entirety of RP that would stem from it is; "Gotta go feed on that humym with my seduction ability/sexy looks : ^)"

maybe change them into half-insects. The whole hierarchy will work better. Plus, they could use their creepy bug pheromones to seduce people.

Id write out some kind of elaborate retort to this proposal, but I don't want to imply some degree of chance-- bottom line is, it's not happening. New races will not be endorsed by the administration nor the lore team at neither this point in time nor any foreseeable point in the future. I'm going to go ahead and deny this.

(I need an FM to move this to denied lore, thank you.)