[Creature/Being Lore] Nature Spirits

Song Druid

5 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

As the proginator of contemporary wood elf culture, I believe this lore would have some long term effects which adds depth to our culture which will affect a whole lot of people.

How so?

He explicitly says that these beings are only made to troll and yoke with people, how does that add depth to culture? I also already thought there were nature spirits for druids before? If not, and I highly doubt it, then they should serve a higher purpose than just "Woops, accidentally killed someone! Teehee, my bad! Time to move along now!". At most, these spirits dont even need to be played by players so to speak, this could literally just be lore used for storytelling which I think would be 10x better. Unless of course, I am wrong again and this lore is just meant to be for what I just said, then I retract my previous statements, and you don't even need for this to be accepted as proper lore, just something you guys made up in RP for spooking little chilluns before they go to bed.

If not, as it stands, Byrophites add more depth to "wood elven" culture than this if it is meant to be played honestly.

O.o  i didn't explicitly say they are only made to troll, I said they were whimsical and mischievous.  Dagnabit.

8 minutes ago, Valkorion said:

How so?

He explicitly says that these beings are only made to troll and yoke with people, how does that add depth to culture? I also already thought there were nature spirits for druids before? If not, and I highly doubt it, then they should serve a higher purpose than just "Woops, accidentally killed someone! Teehee, my bad! Time to move along now!". At most, these spirits dont even need to be played by players so to speak, this could literally just be lore used for storytelling which I think would be 10x better. Unless of course, I am wrong again and this lore is just meant to be for what I just said, then I retract my previous statements, and you don't even need for this to be accepted as proper lore, just something you guys made up in RP for spooking little chilluns before they go to bed.

If not, as it stands, Byrophites add more depth to "wood elven" culture than this if it is meant to be played honestly.

Why do people feel the need to argue with me about what's best for the wood elven culture?

Not everything has to have a grand purpose. Making offerings to pagan shrines is a big part of wood elf culture, so are making and wearing spiritual charm-like things. For example, naelurir druids wear a necklace of beads to show their devotion to the aspects, which each bead representing how many tasks they've done to gain attunement.

Giving the wood elves something to wear, like a bone charm, and giving them spiritual/cultural reasons behind to wear it would do bounds for wood elven culture. And to be perfectly frank I don't think anyone who isn't in my position has a right to say "no it won't" as only a few people have been working so hard and been so attuned to what does and doesn't click with the wood elven playerbase for so long.

So why will this lore benefit aspect/wood elf RP? Well, it may sound arrogant and harsh, but it's simple.

Because I say it will, and on this topic, I know better than you.

4 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Why do people feel the need to argue with me about what's best for the wood elven culture?

Not everything has to have a grand purpose. Making offerings to pagan shrines is a big part of wood elf culture, so are making and wearing spiritual charm-like things. For example, naelurir druids wear a necklace of beads to show their devotion to the aspects, which each bead representing how many tasks they've done to gain attunement.

Giving the wood elves something to wear, like a bone charm, and giving them spiritual/cultural reasons behind to wear it would do bounds for wood elven culture. And to be perfectly frank I don't think anyone who isn't in my position has a right to say "no it won't" as only a few people have been working so hard and been so attuned to what does and doesn't click with the wood elven playerbase for so long.

So why will this lore benefit aspect/wood elf RP? Well, it may sound arrogant and harsh, but it's simple.

Leo and I rarely agree on things IC or OOC but in this case I feel he's right.

Leo's such an ass.  But yeah basically what he said but nicer

have you ever played a Byrophite? for i had, they were not in really any culture (you all just sent us away, as if we could harm you). also this could help really any culture, for these spirits could be any where because they are where fairy circles are. also how is the "village with the spirit gaurding the forest around for years" not culture?

On 1/17/2016 at 11:12 PM, 吳憾戰士14 said:

This lore doesn't really seem made for wood elven culture, so spouting nonsense about wood elven culture expertise seems unnecessary, yes? I can write lore for necromancer spirits able to be warded off with bone chimes, and there can be a culture revolving around the necromantic spectrum hosted in the hamlet next door, but that doesn't mean I wrote the lore for them. So discussion about their hamlet wouldn't be warranted. Subracial culture is sporadic anyway and to claim oneself as the pinnacle of knowledge for wood elven culture, when there have been countless iterations prior to this current one, is indeed quite arrogant.

As for the lore itself, Arik, I'm particularly curious about the corrupted nature spirits, as I am with all edge-oriented entities which are proposed to be canon for the server. So, I've some questions!

1) In what way can nature spirits be corrupted? By the general dark magic spectrum (necromancy, mysticism, blood magic, what have you), or in a more broad mannerism? In old dragonkin lore, it's written that Draagar (pretty much sentient super-dragons) are corrupted into Draakar (evil sentient super-dragons) after becoming enamored with rage, sorrow or excess negative emotion, likely in relation to some kind of tragedy they either witnessed or had suffered. Would this be the case for nature spirits, where, say, if they were to witness the destruction and magical distortion of nature, that they would be influenced by them, and thus become corrupted?

2) Is the claim that Draoi could draw power from nature spirits an actual suggestion as to how Draoi can retain Druidic power, or just a rumor to be shared IC? 

3) If you intend to allow corrupted nature spirits to be used as event mediums, do you feel as though giving them buffs would be necessary? The Spectre race would likely establish them as forces to be feared, as it grants a great deal of power to the given personas and generally seems to align with the whole nature spirit idea in general -- it's a spectral creature, after all.

Pretty good lore, bossman.

1.  I'll do some thinking on the specifics and get back to you on that.

2. Draoi Lore is made up but you could say we are introducing the lore in pieces or steps ;)  This is the first piece.  Suffice it to say that corrupted Druids (event lore btw) could become Draoi and retain their power through corrupted Nature Spirits.

3. I'm not sure if I understand the question :x

On 2016-01-17 at 11:12 PM, 吳憾戰士14 said:

because

maybe

not one person knows 100% what should be done with a certain playerbase

CRAZY I KNOW

anyways yeah these sound pretty fun to play, and if they were implemented i would probably try to make one. seem up my alley

10 minutes ago, Space said:

because

maybe

not one person knows 100% what should be done with a certain playerbase

CRAZY I KNOW

No, not one person. Moreso a mid-sized core group of people who've been invested in it for at least a couple of months. As opposed to the people who have neither been invested or a part of the playerbase at all, telling us what we do and don't need.

8 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

No, not one person. Moreso a mid-sized core group of people who've been invested in it for at least a couple of months. As opposed to the people who have neither been invested or a part of the playerbase at all, telling us what we do and don't need.

Please keep all posts in this topic related to the OP.

and replace 'one specific person' with 'a small group of people,' sorry. point sitll stands.

Currently being reviewed.

Expect an official response from the LT within a week.

Unfortunately the team has denied this lore. But feel free to shoot me up with a PM if you have any questions.

Moved to denied lore forum