[ Revisions ] Blood Magic Variation

Swgrclan

It should be noted this is already technically possible. The only reason diety users can't/won't use blood magic is because of the ideals behind their religious magics. It isn't inherently wrong, only morally so. Yet using something morally wrong would almost always put you on the bad-side of your deity.

Even though it's already possible, it just doesn't happen. Why? Because the group leaders instantly know when these things happen. I think it'd be more interesting to allow deity users to have these magics in secret without aengudaemons instantly giving meta-visions about their followers' terrible actions. Ya know, allowing people to figure these things out naturally.

I think there's no way to remove the IC bias of blood magic, but allowing characters the opportunity to do such things in secret would be great. There's no point in trying to break the mold if people instantly know such things ICly and OOCly and immediately disconnect you.

Edit: After re-reading the lore, it seems this may be the intention. It won't remove any IC bias of blood magics, but won't be detected as evil by the aengudaemons. Please respond if this is the case.

4 hours ago, Gladuos said:

It should be noted this is already technically possible. The only reason diety users can't/won't use blood magic is because of the ideals behind their religious magics. It isn't inherently wrong, only morally so. Yet using something morally wrong would almost always put you on the bad-side of your deity.

Even though it's already possible, it just doesn't happen. Why? Because the group leaders instantly know when these things happen. I think it'd be more interesting to allow deity users to have these magics in secret without aengudaemons instantly giving meta-visions about their followers' terrible actions. Ya know, allowing people to figure these things out naturally.

I think there's no way to remove the IC bias of blood magic, but allowing characters the opportunity to do such things in secret would be great. There's no point in trying to break the mold if people instantly know such things ICly and OOCly and immediately disconnect you.

Edit: After re-reading the lore, it seems this may be the intention. It won't remove any IC bias of blood magics, but won't be detected as evil by the aengudaemons. Please respond if this is the case.

You are correct.

2f74ac19fdea5beb909caa8ba0e250ce.png

Blood Paladin's huh?

I think it'll open up some interesting avenue's and twists to deity RP, unless of course, they completely allow it. Has my support, most arguments from what I can tell are from a IC perspective, OOCly I don't see much an issue besides possible niche groups forming within these deity orders and the magic becoming stuck there.

This is all perfect and good, but if you're worried about it not necessarily being some bag magic, do like in dragon age and start shooting bolts of blood 

When I wrote the clerical revision/lore back in October(?) of 2015, I had been told Blood Magic and Tahariaean Clericism were incompatible, and that war cleric light would directly combat spells fueled by blood magic. I wrote it as such, and thus far such hasn't ever been contested because of the severe lack of blood magic and clerical magic interaction. For now, I'll assume I was wrong in Tahariae deeming blood magic a sinful, abhorrent accessing of the natural mana present in blood.

That said, even if this lore were passed, it would take a vision from the Aengul of Purity Himself to stop the immediate disconnections of any cleric who acquired this magic, and to justify why suddenly clerics are able to pursue something previously widely assumed to be a sin, if known at all. Unwarranted disconnections are also considered to be disconnection-worthy, and are accompanied by a vision from Tahariae telling people to disconnect the cleric who performed said unwarranted disconnection. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I feel like this magic entering into the clerical community in any way other than divine intervention would lead to some conflicts.

... Honestly, divine intervention doesn't sound like a bad way to implement it into holy RP. Just saying.

Blood Magic is classed as dark magic, no? Dark magics and deity magics are occasionally able to intermingle? It's an interesting concept that I quite like.

2 hours ago, Sky said:

Blood Magic is classed as dark magic, no? Dark magics and deity magics are occasionally able to intermingle? It's an interesting concept that I quite like.

Blood Magic is only dark by association, it's a taint-free magic therefore it could be considered something akin to the arcane. 

On 6/11/2016 at 5:13 AM, aerialkebab said:

Blood Magic is only dark by association, it's a taint-free magic therefore it could be considered something akin to the arcane. 

This. Although by that logic arcane magics should be allowed as well. They would be just as neutral if not more. The only reason I think blood magic should be allowed over arcane magic is because of the supportive purpose of blood magic. Arcane magics are fairly powerful on their own, but barring blood magic usage from almost a third of all magics is severely ruining its potential as a magic in my opinion.

Just something I thought of a while back while reading this lore but never got around to posting it.

Denied at the request of OP