The Nis’hanite Algorithim

drfate786

The Nis’hanite Algorithim

“Are we truly alone in our universe? How could we have the only realms or dimensions? Surely, many inconceivable horrors of eldritch origin could exist within the massive black beyond! The question is: have they “truly” reached us? Many seem to think that nothing could possibly live within the void, that only formless horrors ooze and flow in the ebb of its potential. However, my research has proved something rather *****. By combining thanhium with elven blood and a strange unkown substance secreted by some voidal entities, a strange result occurred. The liquids crystallized into a red shard and began to absorb some strange signal. The signal was unintelligible, coming out as: Pg’la ‘i’wadr ag’aq ip;qo.”

“I then realised that it was a language, something never before heard. I spent years travelling the world with my assistant in a futile attempt at translating the language, we explored several ruins across Athera and Vailor and found traces of the language throughout Dwarven and Elven ruins, we found a strange black orb it was the source of the signal, could the ancient Elves and Dwarves have been contacted by these...Nis’hanites?”

“My assistant has gone missing, I must not let them find me! The world must kn-”

-The rest of the book is torn, dry blood has covered the rest of the page. Whoever wrote this was killed by something while he was writing the final entry...mayhaps they really did find him?-

((Disclaimer, this isn't new race lore.))

Creative writing and all, don't get me wrong but like, what is the lore regarding? 

So from what I gather this isn't referring to the alternate dimension Void used in arcane, but the blackness and stars beyond the mortal realm... Space. And proposes opening up further lore to allow 'aliens'?

In my professional opinion I'd say this is Cthulhu stuff

8 hours ago, Jonificus said:

In my professional opinion I'd say this is Cthulhu stuff

Not quite, it is inspired by lovecraft though! 

15 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Not quite, it is inspired by lovecraft though! 

Lore submissions usually have an explanation of what the lore is exactly, otherwise it should be posted in creative writing. So, what is this getting at? If not a new race, a new creature? Hrm?

9 minutes ago, Sky said:

Lore submissions usually have an explanation of what the lore is exactly, otherwise it should be posted in creative writing. So, what is this getting at? If not a new race, a new creature? Hrm?

It's not for the writer to decide what their creation is, nor can you speculate on lore you didn't write. 

Lore submissions like this either have the rest of it sent to the LM's for review before a single post of this is posted but even then it'll be instantly accepted and locked.

As this has not I believe you've just posted it here... Sadly from what you have given isn't enough to suffice for lore and won't be considered as Sky said above this is considered creative writing unless you can include the backstory and lore.

Otherwise you can introduce this as an event team monster that they can play and if you do please contact them to help expand on the lore and role play potentials.

As this currently stands as "Lore" it isn't so in my personal experience it won't be considered for acceptance.

30 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

It's not for the writer to decide what their creation is, nor can you speculate on lore you didn't write. 

Alright, you've lost your marbles. So, this isn't a lore submission, but just a creative writing piece that you want the lore team to turn into a submission because you've not decided what it's going to be. Lets leave the attempts of sounding sophisticated at the door, they're falling short and just be real here, does this have any place on Lord of the Craft? Does it hamper any current lore? Is there even lore in this, or is it again, just creative writing that you want to be twisted into a piece of lore? At this point, I can only see it as the latter and sincerely believe it to be lacking any sort of depth for lore, and thus should be denied, but I'm not part of the lore team and I don't make those decisions. Just an honest opinion.

I'm sorry to say this lore has been Denied.

You may send a PM to any LM to hear of the reasons.