Acornlad

((In-game name:))

Vincent_Nroca

((IRL age)):

Who are you?:

I am a Diplomatic Elf.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?:

Professor of Diplomacy and Government

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:

I have been studying College Level Courses on history, I am currently taking A college level Government class.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy?

Sounds like a great Idea, I hope people join.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:

I can help with a Mathematics course, since I am currently taking College Level Calculus classes.

Glade to see you are all going strong. I thought of something that I didn't really think of before.

I am in the process of renovating my base, which is a 150 block sphere surrounded by large walls.

The entire top level will be tree farms, wheat farms, cane farms, there is also some other stuff there, such as a place to train weapons, open areas for redstone wiring and such. the only thing that would be hard to do is the mine as i'm waiting until after my girlfriends birthday to donate for the protected land.

Anyways if need be you could schedule your field trips there should you want. I have autoshops set up that would allow the moving of items between classes as referenced by my previous post in the ideas and lore section.

The land is about half a game day walk from oren. I currently use it as a new player starting point when I find people that lack knowledge. But should you wish it would be free granted you give excess supplies back to the shops there and don't grief =P.

Wolfie, there is no headmaster. Currently, us working on the academy is merely managers and administrators, we are not professors teachers or headmasters. We have to apply for those positions as much as anyone else.

The council (once things are starting) should have teachers who then elect a headmaster and co-headmaster. The first council we managers can elect to get things rolling. Councils will have elections every once and a while.

Glade to see you are all going strong. I thought of something that I didn't really think of before.

I am in the process of renovating my base, which is a 150 block sphere surrounded by large walls.

The entire top level will be tree farms, wheat farms, cane farms, there is also some other stuff there, such as a place to train weapons, open areas for redstone wiring and such. the only thing that would be hard to do is the mine as i'm waiting until after my girlfriends birthday to donate for the protected land.

Anyways if need be you could schedule your field trips there should you want. I have autoshops set up that would allow the moving of items between classes as referenced by my previous post in the ideas and lore section.

The land is about half a game day walk from oren. I currently use it as a new player starting point when I find people that lack knowledge. But should you wish it would be free granted you give excess supplies back to the shops there and don't grief =P.

Great idea Zyn. I like the concept of field trips. Those should definitely be used by teachers in most subjects/curricula.

Greetings

Name:

Sean O'Hagan

Horatio "Golden" Richards

((IRL age)):

Who are you?:

Owner of The Golden Harvest

Applying for a teaching role in the subject of Economics / Business and Mercantile

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:

I built the largest commercial empire in Aegis from nothing, and have employed up to 16 people.

I think it is an excellent opportunity to fill a knowledge gap. There is a distinct lack of business know how in the merchant community and I would like to help change that.

If approved I would build an Aegean Academy: Business School on my estate where the subject could be taught. Additionally, I would create The Golden Harvest Scholarship. The recipient would be given a bursary award of 10,000 mina and be offered a place as my "Number 2" within the Golden Harvest.

Greetings

Name:

Sean O'Hagan

Horatio "Golden" Richards

((IRL age)):

Who are you?:

Owner of The Golden Harvest

Applying for a teaching role in the subject of Economics / Business and Mercantile

I built the largest commercial empire in Aegis from nothing, and have employed up to 16 people.

I think it is an excellent opportunity to fill a knowledge gap. There is a distinct lack of business know how in the merchant community and I would like to help change that.

If approved I would build an Aegean Academy: Business School on my estate where the subject could be taught. Additionally, I would create The Golden Harvest Scholarship. The recipient would be given a bursary award of 10,000 mina and be offered a place as my "Number 2" within the Golden Harvest.

Greetings Sean! We will review the application and you will get an answer soon enough.

Checked on the build site, I assume It's going to be protected when we're done?

It should be protected already? I thought it was within the permissions of Aeriel. Is it not?

The Academy is coming along very well. We are starting to run out of some basic materials in form of cobblestone. Any donations would be highly welcome. Also, Zyn, regarding those books and bookshelves *winks*.

Mr. Ebs, we should decide on a place to have our library. Since you are our head librarian right now, I thought you would decide on that one. I do have some ideas that I would like to share though.

We will very soon have a "first council" meeting, where the current staff members goes over all current applications.

I want Zyn, Ebs, Freya and Vinter to contact me. If you have Skype, do add Possut974.

[[sorry I haven't been able to get involved much. I'm incredibly busy at the moment bouncing between forums, wandering around IC and doing a butt-load of schoolwork. I'll contact you soon, Sting. How about ingame. right now?]]

[[sorry I haven't been able to get involved much. I'm incredibly busy at the moment bouncing between forums, wandering around IC and doing a butt-load of schoolwork. I'll contact you soon, Sting. How about ingame. right now?]]

You and I can speak yes right now yes.

No, The academy IS NOT protected. That's worrying me, One maliscious intruder could tear us down.

Would be griefing and they'd be banned.

No, The academy IS NOT protected. That's worrying me, One maliscious intruder could tear us down.

And we have brick log? So IF it happened -which it wouldn't- it could be reverted to how it was? I talked to you in game and said it was better to wait until the building was compleated so the entire thing is protected and you agreed. So coming here and qqing doesn't seem to be beneficial as if it was that big of a deal you could have talked to me in game. If it does concern you however feel free to donate $100 of your own money :). In the building of Aeriel I extended out a few blocks from my protected land when I made a few changes to my overall plan and having learned from my expierence, I would like for that not to happen here.

As for the building, it is currentally looking great and moving right along, thanks to the hard work of sting and vonebs! I cannot wait until it's compleation!