The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

For the theater, shouldn't there be an easier to way to get onstage/backstage? I thought there would be a door in the basement, but apparently you have to run and jump on to the stage. Maybe we could also add curtains and special lighting?

Map rooms are fun to build, I would love to help. What I've done in the past is a miniature of the world under a glass floor. Real water adds to the effect, and the glass doesn't extend to the walls. That way, you can hide torches under the edge of the floor where you can't really see them.

It was being fronted by Sting, who has had to stop playing for a while. The work was expected to continue by other faculty heads, but to my knowledge it was only Ebs who has been working on it, and he's been heavily preoccuppied in-game lately.

From my understanding, no classes will begin till the map change. At this point teachers are expected to develop learning plans for what classes will be taught when the school opens. Due to the recent absence of Headmaster/s there has been a lack of information. Plans are on hold, but not abandoned.

Marcus, if you're scouting for more scholars, some of the best have been registered with the Academy. At this moment they are all yours, but should the requirements of them change we would expect their loyalty be with the Academy (I'm not a teacher/proffessor so I'm all yours). It is complicated to figure out at this moment as developments have become stagnant.

If we should be developing curricula, then can we discuss that here? Because I have a question.

OOC: To what extent can we reference OOC facts in our lessons? For instance, I plan on teaching military science. Can I directly reference the fact that you can't break blocks where you don't have permission? I would put it in IC terms, of course, but I was wondering if the characters are aware of things like this. It's not the sort of thing you can just make an OOC footnote about in the middle of a lesson, it would be the subject of multiple lessons. I imagine that other subjects have similar problems, including magic, mining, and the like.

(I remember my original forum post on this, sad to see it have too wait so long till the Academy is acheived. However, One day it'll be done, and we can root out the Uneducated smelly Or- poor people.)

(I remember my original forum post on this, sad to see it have too wait so long till the Academy is acheived. However, One day it'll be done, and we can root out the Uneducated smelly Or- poor people.)

I'm pleased you are so prepared to take claim of its' success, yet where is the evidence of your input. I will be attempting to resurrect the Academy and lay the responsibility in the hands of its' staff.

Look at my forum post, even Sting acknowledges I am the ideas creator. I left Sting in charge of all thing forum related, but I had real life issues to deal wth and we lived in different parts of the world, so I ended up walking away.

Want me to post the link? If not it's name is "The Academy" (I think, I'm not sure.) It should be in the idea and lore section. (Another thing, I'm typing this froma phone, please ignore my terrible grammar.)

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/14441-the-academy-and-the-order/page__st__80

Swords or axes should definatly be taught by an orc or dwarf.

I don't know if anyone has replied to this, but Orcs are kinda hard to understand so it would be hard for an Orc to teach. :)

Teachers who were interested in working at the Academy, please head to THIS POST if you are still interested. Any other staff of AA who are still interested in working at an educational institute please PM me.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.