[✗] [Lore] The Hou-Zi

WuHanXianShi14

I honestly love this new lore. The read was great and easy without anything hidden and everything laid out plain. It has a rich unique history that's not too similar to anything that I've seen on lotc. I had been trying to brainstorm ideas for a new antag but it looks like you beat me to it and thankfully as well this stuff is great. 

Great stuff plus 1.

((Still have no idea what's up with this Harambe crap, I was out of the country.))

I like it, although it should develop into a playable race at some point, monkey people FTW! +1

The elements of this lore are already occupied by great things such as the Ancient Elves, Kharajyr, and Easterner Farfolk, so, following precedent, as all things should be arbitrated by, this lore will be denied, or, at least, receive a disparaging comment from me.

It's cool lore but as alty said, nothing really unique about it. The race themselves are monkey kha, the lore is essentially just easterner lore. Doesn't seem like it would add anything but one more race for Oreners to make into rugs tbh.

2 hours ago, Alterazgohg said:

The elements of this lore are already occupied by great things such as the Ancient Elves, Kharajyr, and Easterner Farfolk, so, following precedent, as all things should be arbitrated by, this lore will be denied, or, at least, receive a disparaging comment from me.

incredibly vague elements lol

Only thing they have in common with ancient elves is they were there in ancient times

Only thing they have in common with kharajyr is they're a beast-people. Literally nothing else in common beyond that.

And they dont have anything in common with easterner farfolk. I'm serious here, Easterner farfolk are just Japanese. The Hou-Zi speak phonetic Mandarin and a religion I made up on my own, I took my largest inspirations from Khmer-Era Cambodia, Siam, Song Dynasty China and the continent of Avakir from TES respectively.

The only thing easterner farfolk and the Hou-Zi have in common is "they're both asian-ey" which is a very shallow comparison to make. They draw from similar, but still very different IRL cultures, respectively.

tl;dr saying that the Hou-Zi and human easterners occupy the same elements is like saying we shouldn't have an Italian-inspired culture because there's already a German-Inspired culture. Just because they're both from Europe doesn't mean they're similar at all.

7 hours ago, Murdervish said:

Sorry, meant to do this in the earlier post but forgot. I just wanted to put the lore on Metztli in contrast to this:

Though it does say that it's during the world's infancy, it sounds like they had cribs and farmsteads, and it took centuries for her to finish, so Dragur is already centuries behind everyone else at least. Also, he figured his stuff out way faster than Metztli, seeing as it only took him 7 years and some to find the monkeys and Sun-Wukongize one of them, and most of that time seems to have been spent just looking for the monkeys in the first place. Perhaps because monkeys have a higher general intelligence and could more reasonably be "uplifted" than an ocelot, but he just walks up to an alpha and unlocks his sapience (not sentience, the monkeys are already sentient) without much trouble.

Semantics, like I said, I wrote this lore flying mostly blind and can change it to better fit aenguldaemon lore. If this means I have to make it so they took longer to create and were created differently, then so be it.

(As a side note, I didn't know kharajyr were made from ocelots.)

1 hour ago, MaxGemini said:

It's cool lore but as alty said, nothing really unique about it. The race themselves are monkey kha, the lore is essentially just easterner lore. Doesn't seem like it would add anything but one more race for Oreners to make into rugs tbh.

I don't even know where to begin with you. Nothing about the Hou-Zi's culture, traditions, appearance or history is the same as the Kha. The only thing they have similar is that they're both anthropomorphic animal people. That's it. (Also, maybe they both have exotic, not-western cultures? Kha are south american Aztec, Hou-Zi are south-east asian...not similar at all.)

The lore is not just Easterner lore at all. I'm sorry going to have to put up the [TRIGGERED] here since you've hurt my chinaman sensibilities.

Like I said before, the Hou-Zi are based on Khmer-Era Cambodia, Siam, and Laos (This reflects in their architecture), Song Dynasty China (Divine Emperor), The Yuan (mongol) Dynasty China (Tribute collection and wealth), Akavir from the Elder Scrolls (My favourite period in world history tbh), and finally, (God forbid!) My own original ideas.

Meanwhile, the Easterners are based largely (entirely, I believe) on Feudal japanese lore. That's an entirely different nation to what I drew influence from, with a very different culture, geography and history. (Not to mention 400 years apart from any era and place of history I drew from).

So, the only thing they have in common with easterners (Who are barely played anyway) is that they're both from east asia. ...Okay? Just because they're both asian and foreign doesn't make them remotely the same. That's a very shallow and frankly ignorant comparison to make.

It's like if a Chinese person just assumed 12th century Scandinavia and Renaissance Italy were the same thing cause they were both "western white-people stuff."

I'm going back to my safe space now please don't [TRIGGER] me again with your cultural ignorance

holy **** OMG OMG OMG OMG i love this so muchhhhhh please ****** accept this master lore piece RIGHT NOW NOWWWWWWWWWWW

In Honour of myself I give this lore a +1

D**ks out for me

DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE +1