[✓] Soul Puppetry Addition

Hey folks, sorry for the bad formatting but I'm not on my laptop right now.

Let's get on to this simple submission, then!

Soul Puppetry requires a link to be formed between puppet, puppeteer and target, where the puppeteer manipulates this very bond in a bid to alter the target's physical, mental or magical structure. In days past, this was done by collecting blood - fresh blood - and dropping it onto a figurine similar to the donor of this blood, thus binding something that was once part of a soul-bearing creature to a puppet. What was not understood, however, is that other pieces of the target may be taken, too: Strands of hair may be collected and integrated into the puppet's structure; flesh may be woven into its body; nails may be used to support or even represent other sorts of solidity; saliva may be dripped into the mouth of the effigy. Long lost, though now rediscovered, the art of integrating all types of bodily products into a puppet is now available again to those who manipulate the denizens of their world with strings...

Red Lines:

- The used bodily items must be relatively fresh (i.e. Blood cannot be dry if it is to be dripped, saliva must be moist, hair must be plentiful enough and in long enough strands, flesh must not be rotten or dried).

- No waste-products can be used; only useful items of the target's body must be integrated into the puppet (i.e. No urine, faeces, etc).

- The items must be integrated to the puppet. The only things that do not need to be actively integrated are non-waste bodily fluids (e.g. Blood, plasma, saliva, bile, etc).

Explanation:

Soul Puppetry has long been limited to having to collect blood from the individual, and doing so has often lead to being immediately killed. Sometimes it is for good reason, but most of the time some subtle metagaming occurs. Whilst this does not make it any easier to collect the parts needed, it allows the puppeteer to be more creative, whilst also preventing people from so easily metagaming. Remember, this does not mean a soul puppeteer can connect your soul to their puppet from one strand of hair; they'd need multiple, good-lengthen strands integrated into the puppet for this to work.

Credits:

Matheus - Idea

Mephistophelian - Writing

I fully support this, as it allows for SP to be less situational and useless in many situations, for fear of having to actually gather blood without being metagamed (which I've seen happen on a number of occasions).

Yes! It's honestly so hard to collect the blood of someone - and instead becomes more of a situational thing. The addition of being allowed to use parts of the person is a good idea -not only gives the puppeteer more ways to be creative but enhances rp.

The collection of face-to-face soul puppetry with blood could lead both parties to possibly acknowledge such and create conflicts. This extension allows for more tricks to be used for one to get the desired products.

To summary it, it empowers soul puppeters in a good way, which expands their roleplay possibilities. And about puppets, Avenged Sevenfold recently released "The Stage", it's a pretty good song and worth the checking.

>.>

*looks at shaman voodoo dolls*

<.<

*rubs hands*

Hair seems too easy, the rest seems pretty alright.

This Lore has been added to this week's Loremag and shall be reviewed by the LT.

Expect a response in about a week.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.