The Satyr

Slothtastic

Only if you let me become a Hercules-tier hero.

Just now, Reeg_ said:

Gonna admit, I don't know crap about Cervitaurs, so I have no idea how accurate this is in that regard. 

But, this looks like they would be very fun to roleplay (now all I can think about is Mr. Tumnus, thanks @Jaeden) and from what you've got here it looks like they would integrate quite nicely into existing lore and culture (i.e. druids, welves). I think you should develop backstory and reasoning behind this, and you'd have something really solid. 

+1 

+1 for Mr. Tummins.

Just now, Sky said:

Only if you let me become a Hercules-tier hero.

Sorry kid but I ain' got no bosten accent, and Im Mafia tier not god tier.

Are you kidding me? I don't even think anyone plays cervitaur. Why should they get a subspecies?

Just now, Treshure said:

Are you kidding me? I don't even think anyone plays cervitaur. Why should they get a subspecies?

It'd be fun to play as one, plus this could potentially bring them back.

1 hour ago, Slothtastic said:

Reproduction:

Satyr mainly reproduce with themselves, although if one were to mate with a non-satyr, such as that of a human, dwarf, or elf, the child would always be a Satyr. Any other race would not produce a child sadly.  A Satyr’s Gestation lasts for 6 months at the least, with a single child more common than twins.

ok first off bestiality

second off cervitaurs arent even like satyrs read the original lore please 

third off no one is honestly going to play these

finally make these creatures for ET only, they don't deserve to be played by creature apps all you did was echo already known things about satyrs, add some genes too it and bestiality too????

44 minutes ago, Weabootrash said:

ok first off bestiality

second off cervitaurs arent even like satyrs read the original lore please 

third off no one is honestly going to play these

finally make these creatures for ET only, they don't deserve to be played by creature apps all you did was echo already known things about satyrs, add some genes too it and bestiality too????

third and fourth statement is stupid, dont just put **** out there when you dont even know for certain, and maybe people want to play these, making it et only is nothing but stupid as et almost never make events for these type of creatures, axolotyn were very little events, hou'zi no event at all yet, and possibly more i cant think of cuz im tired so just dont

Just now, Jaeden said:

I'm unsure of what would be considered bestiality in this case, but I may just be throwing too much trust into the maturity of the playerbase. I'd say a GM would have a better verdict on it.

You also state that no one would play them without being able to source reasonable evidence to back that up. You're saying as if it's factual. Sure, the Cervitaur playerbase died off; I can't say why, as I didn't really bat an eye towards them as much. But putting something like this on a temporary trial period would allow the LT (If they decided the lore piece was appropriate) to decide whether or not it does fit with what LotC wants.

And finally, no. On behalf of the ET, I can say with complete confidence that these creatures would not see any light if made as 'ET-only'. That isn't because we wouldn't like it or anything, but there are much more important projects to be providing rather than creatures which are designed to be played by the general playerbase. Even then, we're struggling to maintain a decent presence of most creatures due to the extensive list, already. Adding to it wouldn't be helping.

Oh, and no need to be rude. You can be constructive and polite.

Ok lets take an example from sprites.

I don't really hear too much about sprites anymore, so idk if they're played anymore oir something but I'm guessing satyrs are gonna die out because people mainly just wanna play with their elves and humans. The lore defiantly needs expanding as it only echos what people already know about satyrs, and this lore also has nothing to do with cervitaurs. It seems like he didnt really check the lore, the lore states that cervitaurs are made from plants and do not have genders. This is the main part of this that I mainly cared about, my 3 other points were mainly my moral and opinion but it still stands that this has nothing to do with what cervitaurs are, they probably need to be changed up, either changing the lore or just removing anything to do with cervitaurs all together. 

I don't really see what else they'd also bring to the table other then just being there. Culture needs to be added that makes players want to play or else no one is going to really want to play them honestly. We already have dwarf orc and halfling playerbase that's dieing, how are satyrs going to make people suddenly want to make one? It just seems to be more of just 'I got goat legs and hooves and horn' that's honestly all I see this lore adding. 

Just now, Jaeden said:

because he is claiming this is a subrace of cervitaur, I believe it would be considered 'bestiality'.

this part isn't really aimed at you:

if the proper changes aren't made (either you change their physiology to match that of the proper cervitaur lore, or remove the idea that they are a cervitaur subspecies altogether.) this lore should be nowhere near being accepted, even on a trial basis.

as @The Womping Wizard has said to me, it seems like you're only using our creature lore that is vaguely similar to your idea of satyrs as a 'foot in the door' in order to get yours more easily accepted. Good luck, though! I hope to see more creativity and effort on your part to get this implemented, as me, addled and womp definitely did not get our lore implemented so easily. We had to work for it.

Just now, Jaeden said:

yeah haha, wasn't trying to be aggressive or even make a point towards you, no worries!! The only part directed at you was just addressing the whole vagueness about the bestiality thing (I actually ended up not giving cervitaur genders or even reproductive parts for the sole fact that they're creatures and I didnt want people running around ftbing with my plants..)

2 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

Subspecies of Cervitaur...

You already said that, I need to understand how they are a subspecies of Cervitaur because Cervi cannot breed and so I'm a little lost on how Satyrs come into existing or are related to Cervitaurs.

Just now, Jaeden said:

I was mainly answering some of Weaboo's points while skirting around the topic of Cervitaurs.

lol yeah sorry im a bit aggresive when it comes to differnet things and was mainly sharing what i thought would happen to cervitaurs but meh i believe they wont be active but that's just me maybe I'll be shown wrong 

The head should be a goat and legs should be human

I don't understand something. The post firstly says that they can get up to 7 feet at most and the subracial descriptions then state different heights and the max height of those heights. Also; why wouldn't it work with a halfling/orc? The reproduction. They are still descendants, so if it works with others, I dunno. Why wouldn't it? Is there any special reason? Oh and, does the lifespan thing mean that, as they age, they go on their fours?

21 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

I don't understand something. The post firstly says that they can get up to 7 feet at most and the subracial descriptions then state different heights and the max height of those heights. Also; why wouldn't it work with a halfling/orc? The reproduction. They are still descendants, so if it works with others, I dunno. Why wouldn't it? Is there any special reason? Oh and, does the lifespan thing mean that, as they age, they go on their fours?

They do not go on all fours. They just become more goat like in appearance. Until the point they're two legged goats kinda 

Just now, Slothtastic said:

They do not go on all fours. They just become more goat like in appearance. Until the point they're two legged goats kinda 

You didn't answer other questions. Also, hearing from other posts, if they are subspecies of cervitaurs, they should really be more like them.