Combat Roleplay - The Game of Loss

JustMeMorgan

3 minutes ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

Look, I get it. It makes sense to use the real-world counterpart. But in the “real-world”, steel armor was super expensive, it wasn’t that common, and it was hard as **** to make.

It makes more sense to say that diamond MC armor has the consistency of IRL steel, and for MC iron armor to have a softer consistency. 

And if we’re defaulting to a real-world understanding of things as based off of historical implementation, we can’t completely pick and choose which parts of it we want to abide by. Under this framework, Orcs should literally never be losing one on one fights. 

How do I suggest we determine the durability? I think we should legitimately talk about it as a community and try to pick something that makes more sense than just saying the literal MOST COMMON armor people use is borderline impervious to other melee damage. 

We don’t really need durability for normal fights, unless someone uses a huge amount of force in one way or another. People will RP it how they like to satisfy all parties involved if they’re a good RPer. Most people and I would simply approach it as being a blunt attack instead of sharp one through armour. 

I don’t think we need to figure it out as a community, it’s been fine for what, seven years?- and will continue to be fine as long as people meet a middle ground and at the end of the day are having fun. Setting in place more rules and guidelines will only achieve the opposite effect.

If you want diamond to be good steel sure, make lore on it I ain’t stopping you, I don’t know why you’re now making your own definitions on strength with steel which haven’t been lore approved, when that’s creating stuff that hasn’t been approved, which could be damaging to new players

Just now, Rickson said:

We don’t really need durability for normal fights, unless someone uses a huge amount of force in one way or another. People will RP it how they like to satisfy all parties involved if they’re a good RPer. Most people and I would simply approach it as being a blunt attack instead of sharp one through armour. 

I don’t think we need to figure it out as a community, it’s been fine for what, seven years?- and will continue to be fine as long as people meet a middle ground and at the end of the day are having fun. Setting in place more rules and guidelines will only achieve the opposite effect.

Honestly, this makes sense. Points well taken. I do agree that more guidelines, such as the idea that “my armor is impervious because I wrote a guide about it” are bad for combat. I think you’re completely right. 

4 minutes ago, Bluee said:

Then let’s make something happen, eh? ?

Every time one of these things happens, the community is too divided on it for it to actually come to fruition.

This would need multiple Staff Teams to discuss the durability.

If you can get it done, get it done in order to be used as a base for situations where this sort of thing is required (ideally powergamey situations)

It’s very unlikely you will be able to.

Edited by Omolon

Hey guys,  

Just  a note try keep the comments on topic and feedback given in a friendly manner. Lets not attack each other thanks. 

Pun 

Get some definitions through and I’ll change the post, for now if there is nothing to say otherwise, the realistic idea that steel = strong, this post will say, steel = strong

2 minutes ago, zaezae said:

I stopped getting this heated over make believe some time ago.

Don’t think anybody is heated here mate, from what I can tell it’s a pretty civil debate. Just saying.

1 hour ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

I could not agree more. In-fact, we shouldn’t even have combat RP! We should just all do /persona played, and whoever has more hours? They win!

My eyes puked.

is this loss

excuse me morgan

if i do not win there will be consequences

i am power incarnate and if you dare put a scratch on my waifu’s face you will feel my ooc wrath

This entire thread is exactly why I’d rather just settle **** in pvp. 

I agree 100%. I do enjoy CRP, though most of the time when you go into CRP against a stranger it doesn’t turn out too well. I play a bandit, and most of the time banditing ends up in a 3-4v1 scuffle. Usually it’s a lot of powergaming and people refusing that they lost, or people who flat out will not die while being attacked by 3+ people at once. Granted, I’m not perfect, though I have taken the time to research and understand the limits of my characters and the weapons they carry. People can get better at CRP, its just that a lot don’t bother to research or anything about weapons or how actual combat works :^( 

Thanks for this though ?

this guide really does nothing sorry dude