Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

How about a word for "Dream" or "Dreamer". I am currently using "Kiriana" from something i wrote long ago, but would like an official word for "Dream"

How about a word for "Dream" or "Dreamer". I am currently using "Kiriana" from something i wrote long ago, but would like an official word for "Dream"

iyat'ciwn Would be sleepthought, thus it would be dream.

iyathir'ciwn. Would be sleepthinker and thus it would be dreamer.

I solute your knowladge! I tend to learn this language. How would one say 'Do not cry, as from one tree two come out'? And how would one make the sentance?

I solute your knowladge! I tend to learn this language. How would one say 'Do not cry, as from one tree two come out'? And how would one make the sentance?

Well, here's the thing. This isn't really a complete language. We can only form a few phrases. And, even if we had made the language full, using it in RP without having your character know it would be a severe form of metagaming.

Well, here's the thing. This isn't really a complete language. We can only form a few phrases. And, even if we had made the language full, using it in RP without having your character know it would be a severe form of metagaming.

point taken.

vallumne! niut taliaman oemonn fiyemeyae.

"Cry not. Two trees are reborn from one." Grammatically this is what I can readily come up with and I find it quite accurate. Botanically, I do not know the merit of this claim.

We are still working on it, it is not going too quick though.

However with the current language you have a pretty good base, because due to the way of combining words you can create a lot of new ones.

I sometimes sit in staff meeting and scribble elven on my notepad. Just try to make sentences from what words I remember.

This is a great resource, thank you for sharing!  I look forward to trying to learn fragments to apply in scholarly situations and hopefully, one day, conversation, :).

This is an amazing resource. I've barely managed to memorize a few words, but it's definitely interesting.

I would like to see more familial words added, though. You have words for mother and father, but not sister or brother or son or daughter, or even child. I may have to sit and see if I can come up with some words for them and give them to you.

For clarification: When you say cursing in elvish draws the attention if negative aspects, what exactly does that mean IC? ( I know what the aspects are ) Bad luck? Poltergeist-like activity?

Aspects are the druidic like 'gods'. Take a trip to the druid grove IC to find out more.

I said I know what the aspects are. I'm asking how having the attention of the negative ones would work out in RP.

EDIT: How subtle/overt are they, is basically what I'm asking.

EDIT2: Also, about visiting the grove *points to "Dedicant" in her characters name ;) *