[✗] Darasvira: Disciples of the Aspects' Hand

Kalehart

this is a dumb question (I mean you did already write the lore) but do they need to be dragon dudes

would buff satyr/deer horned dudes not fit the druid aesthetic better without crowding the dragon dude niche that's already filled

failing that, instead of writing separate tiefling-esque races would it not be better to create a single tiefling race with a common lineage to explain why there are 2 apparently unrelated lines of dragonkin, or like a process by which dragons can imbue dragon essence into mortals so it's more of a feature of lotc's magic than an apparent plot hole

09e1a3f21edc82c4f8e8e4cb07c01694.png

"**** you azdrazi we have our own dragon people"

is this the siliti of the azdrazi? 🤫

3 minutes ago, GlassySkies said:

this is evil

Screen_Shot_2021-06-24_at_12.22.02_AM.pn

azdrazi but green, nice idea!

4 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

this is a dumb question (I mean you did already write the lore) but do they need to be dragon dudes

Hey friend! The specific reason of them being dragon aligned is because of the nature dragaar, Taynei'Hiylun. If you look at how the CA works, the only real similarities to Azdrazi would be the fact that they're dragons, probably.

4 minutes ago, Ryloth said:

how you gonna meme on a meme line friend

is this what inception is about

In all seriousness, I don't really see why these dragon people would be druidic like. Most Druids from what I know aren't very materialistic, meaning that the hordes aspect doesn't really work from my point of view. If someone could explain it to me that would be great, but the fact of the matter is, is that the hording aspect just doesn't seem like it works from what I've experienced with Druids.

Just now, VoidandNull said:

In all seriousness, I don't really see why these dragon people would be druidic like. Most Druids from what I know aren't very materialistic, meaning that the hordes aspect doesn't really work from my point of view. If someone could explain it to me that would be great, but the fact of the matter is, is that the hording aspect just doesn't seem like it works from what I've experienced with Druids.

Heyo friendo, like I said in my last reply, this comes from a long accepted lore piece of the nature Dragaar, Taynei'Hiylun, who is an attuned druid. The hoarding aspect comes from the fact that they're dragonkin and made by a dragon. As for it not fitting with druids, if you read into it, it's actually very possible for this CA to introduce conflict within the existing druid playerbase due to a different set of ideals.

14 minutes ago, Ryloth said:

bro if azdrazi is striga and siliti is this it aint lookin good for drazi 

p.s. havent read the piece dont want to its too long and has too many spoilers

22 minutes ago, TimberBuff said:

Hey friend! The specific reason of them being dragon aligned is because of the nature dragaar, Taynei'Hiylun. If you look at how the CA works, the only real similarities to Azdrazi would be the fact that they're dragons, probably.

yea yea I read the first couple paragraphs of the lore don't yell at me

my question was more about a fundamental raison d'etre, you (the ST) gacked the snow elves & almost gacked kharajyr last map because you didn't want there to be too many races. eliminating redundancy is the exact thing you try to sell your controversial decisions on, which is why it's going to stick out to have two separate CAs in the same niche

again like I said you could rationalize that by making a single dragonkin race and having different progenitor dragons conferring their own traits & abilities (this also opens other creative possibilities!)

but lotc doesn't need two different azdrazi any more than it needs snow elves as a subrace so I personally would try to come up with a solid lore argument for them to exist, better than "uhh well they're only similar because they're dragons"