Officially 10 Years on LOTC AMA

Goon

why r u afraid of me

its okay u can take ur time to respond

What communities have you been a part of, and when would you say you did actively play on LOTC if not all the way from Aegis?

1 hour ago, Johann said:

When you RP and consider concepts thereof, what fictional universe do you often draw inspiration from?

Favourite piece of lore? Favourite book?

If you could rewrite/write any piece of lore, old or new, what would it be?

What is the most meaningful RP you've had?

Reveal hidden contents

Am I cool...

I really appreciate anything low fantasy. “grimdark” if I’m feeling edgy, but I absolutely love fantasy that’s grounded in realism. hard to pinpoint an exact reference, but if you pay attention to the events I run, a lot of them are warcraft based. 

I can’t read because I’m not a nerd, but ecosystems: more specifically void hallows :drool: I know that’s a boring pick, but that’s the kind of sh*t that makes the world start to come alive. 

favorite book is a non-fictional piece, huey newton’s revolutionary suicide. perhaps a strange fella to admire but there’s value.  

I wouldn’t write lore. maybe, but probably not. Kujo and I started but what is required is a bit intense, guidelines are pretty stringent and the chances of getting anything complex are slim to none. I’d rather not. Maybe I’ll write some creature pieces for the ETs and players but nah. 

most meaningful brought a tear to my eye, and I’m a grown man who repressed emotion so it’s not easy: my character just took like 6 years to run to Mexico in order to escape the jaws of justice, and when he came back, his aunt was the first person he saw. minty did a really good job of playing a mother figure who missed their child. think it made me think of my mom and the fact I need to call her

Spoiler

I love you so much sleepy joe 

1 hour ago, Polysemic said:

Hi :)

Favourite lore piece?

Favourite memory you got on the server?

If you could change anything about the community, what would you change?

What made you decide to come back to the server?

What kind of music do you like to listen to? (link some if you dare)

see above

man. I should’ve had this answer prepared. uuh, favorite memory? It’s so hard to pinpoint man. any moment that makes me giddy like a little kid in a VC, really. clapping and giggling, smiling ear to ear, the things that make me want to continue the arcs I’m following. the most recent of these was ryloth’s character putting out a 2,000 mina bounty for mine. never felt more alive.

I actually wanted to write a post rambling about a few things; namely the player base in aversion to RP conflict and tendency to be d*ckheads OOCly instead. this is minecraft. it’s a video game. your character can and should die one day. your titles mean nothing. It’s okay for you and other people to have fun. It’s okay to lose sometime. It’s okay not to win all the time. 

It was COVID and I wanted to play DND but my friends were wasting time. And somehow I was reminded of LOTC. Surprised it was still so active, and it was cool to see how much it grew 

dude I’ll listen to anything but I feel like I’ve got the music tastes of a black man in the 1980s

1 hour ago, Lhindir_ said:

Do you accept the Lhindir hivemind?

lmao no.

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

What is the nature of our relationship?

What shelved lore would you bring back, if given the opportunity?

When are you designing that computer I asked you to make me (you study computer science)?

you’ve grown to be one of my favorite people on the server. I feel like there’s a handful of people who are reluctant to interact with you because I suppose your internet persona is intimidating or strange but you’re one of the sweetest dude I’ve met in my tenure on this server. fat brain ideas and you aren’t the weirdo you might pretend to be in roleplay. it’s genuine with you, I know you don’t have devious ulterior motives and I really appreciate that about you

hot take: striga.
just give it to me, I followed the rules, I don’t deserve this injustice. 

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the disruption of supply chains and ... of iPads and Mac computers and will soon impact iPhone production.

1 hour ago, UnBaed said:

What is your favorite color?

What is one of your favorite characters you've played (can be a major or minor character)

How are you doing today?

Tell me about a dream you had one time!

What is one of your favorite characters that you've interacted with on the server?

What are your thoughts on me?

orange :)

I had a therapist character for a bit. He was revolutionizing the way mental health was approached in Orenian medical studies but moreover, it served as a checkpoint for people to really get in touch with the way their characters were thinking, what their characters were dealing with. really made the players think, and also made me get interpersonal, tap into my people skills and limited psychological studies knowledge. I got uninspired though, let him die on the shelf. 

started a new job today, boring stuff. but exciting all the same. I like money and having money :)

I always have really vivid dreams, always taking place in some strange dalíesque universe. but the ones that stick with me the most are the ones grounded in reality. been watching squid game, so I had a dream about this Asia-based freemason/Illuminati group that I was so close to cracking the code on before my brother’s dog woke me up to let her out. wish I finished that one.. would’ve escaped the matrix. 

I think Jack, the first paladin. he’s got a lot of history and understanding of the universe. and hes humble. I hate characters that are full of themselves, as well as players that are full of their character. It’s always a breath of fresh air to interact with him, and I always hope my paladin ends up like this in some way

youre a sweet pea, unbaed. I’m grateful we’ve fallen into the small intersects that we have because its sorta hard to find people you can get on easy with sometimes. differing ideals regarding what’s fun for everyone and I think you embody that. You’re a caring, thoughtful and non-problematic person and I think that’s really evident and I like having people like that around in the community to juxtapose whats sort of normal in these parts 

1 hour ago, RaiderBlue said:

why do you hate rp?

It’s easy for me, a writer, to explain to someone like you, a roleplayer. 

- It’s so time consuming. 

- players are scared of conflict. and that’s probably because players (people) are unreasonably and unnecessarily cruel and defensive of their minecraft characters.

- very seldom does it feel rewarding

but there are some peak moments, certainly.. 

1 hour ago, CherryBoy said:

What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?

to float in the bathtub

1 hour ago, Kujo said:

What was your favorite event (player or st) and who ran it? What made it special?

Are there any characters who went off their intended course, and if so, do you wish it had developed differently?

What was the most recent instance that reminded you why you still play this terrible game?

What is one of your biggest gripes with players as an et? Do you think there’s a solution to it?

Thoughts on me?

Reveal hidden contents

love you princess

Bathrugman’s metal gear solid event, when we snuck into the inferi camp and gathered intel. the same one where I accidentally burned that caravan of kids. it was just special to feel like what we were doing had serious consequence, a serious effect. It took a lot of planning and it was so dope to see the plan come to life. The closet I’ve gotten (and ever want to be) to real war

alicjo was supposed to be a seafaring ruffian, now he’s an old war vet paladin. cosimo was just supposed to be a corrupt mobster who rigged horse races for financial gain, and you know where he is now. I wouldn’t change a thing about their growth, that’s been the most authentic change I could’ve asked for. 

the azdrazi inquisition plus the fat  bounty on my boy. this is why we do it, winners always gotta have haters. 

think I’ve harped on it a bit but the aversion to conflict. the NEED to win. the refusal to acknowledge your character as just a person in the world, rather, the main character in everyone’s story. it’s obnoxious when someone has an explanation for why their character is so good at everything. the aversion to remain grounded in reality; I know this is a fantasy game but the laws of physics still apply. people still have feelings, and don’t immediately start looting corpses in burning camps after 5 of they just watched their friends die

you’re my ggangbu, bby. I know if I have a devious scheme, I can count on you and your input for it. I know if I try to get something started, you’ll help out. And I know you think the same about me. We think similarly. Similar ooc backgrounds and want the same sort of things from our rp tales. I feel like Pierre and cosimo was telling of how we became oocly (save for the untimely fall out because of a manipulative woman), because i talk to you almost daily much like they did. we share everything, except, somehow, MAs/FAs (please give me magic, please I need it for my charcter)

I love you kuuj. not sure if I’d still be here if we didn’t click

1 hour ago, Borin said:

What's your favourite film series? (LOTR, Avengers, Alien, etc)

film series. hm.

a lot of my favorite films are one offs, like the warriors, american psycho, or sorry to bother you. oftentimes, sequels are poorly done cashgrabs and it’s obvious and insulting.

I prefer television series most times, and typically, they aren’t fantasy, often just realistic fiction. things like atlanta, or sopranos.

1 hour ago, Werew0lf said:

why r u afraid of me

its okay u can take ur time to respond

I’m not afraid of you. I’m afraid for my people because you’re a cop who says (redacted) 

1 hour ago, Nooblius said:

What communities have you been a part of, and when would you say you did actively play on LOTC if not all the way from Aegis?

in aegis, it was just me and some guy who saved me from mechanical starvation, and we slayed mobs together. There was this old merc group that never let me join, so when I came back, I vowed to start my own. 

I didn’t create the brand, but with covey, I accomplished that with the brothers of virtue :) (coming back very soon, stay tuned)

honorable mentions:

sutica, oren, paladins, striga, dobrov spooks, and a brief tenure in early yong ping. 

1 hour ago, Radzig said:

When is the last time you smiled, Goon? 🤭

What, vaguely, keeps you tethered to LOTC?

Right now teehee :)

the creative freedom. the people I’ve met and the stories we want to tell together. and my green tags, honestly. I might’ve quit a couple months ago if I didn’t have staff duties; but I love my position on staff, don’t misinterpret 

Do you love me?

But also, what is the coolest **** you've done or seen in rp?

47 minutes ago, Goon said:

2 hours ago, RaiderBlue said:

why do you hate rp?

It’s easy for me, a writer, to explain to someone like you, a roleplayer. 

- It’s so time consuming. 

- players are scared of conflict. and that’s probably because players (people) are unreasonably and unnecessarily cruel and defensive of their minecraft characters.

- very seldom does it feel rewarding

but there are some peak moments, certainly.. 

you are so cool and epic

hi goon ive taken a break but I hope ur doing well in this wretched place !!!! : -)

-what's your favorite pixel art piece? and what got you into pixel art?

-if u did watch courage the cowardly dog - what's ur fav episode//scene?

-thoughts on me haha uha... smiles wide

hope we can vc in the house soon

love u lots -ven xoxo

65f504b9e1e1d5ca68507761df975b4d.png

why the fetch did you come back, run while you can!

How are you so good at writing? (reticent-posting included) 

This is similar to Johann's question, but where (anywhere) do you draw inspiration from for characters, be it movies, books, etc? If anything, that is.

when are we rping.

And lastly, "thoughts on me?" haha...

image0.png

tk2 !!!

- what's ur fav song atm + if that song was a color, what color would it be?

- what's ur fav season? r u looking forward for fall?

- what would you do for a day if you were left on the moon with one (1) item of your choice?

- are you excited about anything that's to come- server related?

ps mwamwah

Spoiler

Hello, Hello! I’ll ask a few questions

What’s your earliest memories of the server, as an Aegis veteran? I’m always curious to hear about that primordial time in the server history.

Best character relationship you’ve had with another? Be it romantic, a parents relationship or something entirely different.

What do you hope to do in the future on the server? Be it ST-wise or something with your personas?

How about your two cents on me?

Anyway, ur a cool individual- we should definitely interact a lot more

What did you play 10 years ago? and did you have a different mc name?

1 hour ago, NLThomas said:

Do you love me?

But also, what is the coolest **** you've done or seen in rp?

I love everyone!

(the copout way to say "you aight..")

making a city float and watching it crash and nuke a 500 block radius was pretty cool

but coolest thing I ever did was burn them kids and free them slaves. my glory days.

53 minutes ago, venclair said:

hi goon ive taken a break but I hope ur doing well in this wretched place !!!! : -)

-what's your favorite pixel art piece? and what got you into pixel art?

-if u did watch courage the cowardly dog - what's ur fav episode//scene?

-thoughts on me haha uha... smiles wide

hope we can vc in the house soon

love u lots -ven xoxo

65f504b9e1e1d5ca68507761df975b4d.png

we miss you, vennie. but its better this way, keep yourself free

IMG_5812.jpg

I didn't do this, and I forgot the artist. but this is my favorite pixel art piece. (giant kahonkers)

and simple answer: I love retro games. I'd like to make some one day but every dork on the internet does, I'm not holding my breath.

weenies will say this scared them when they were a kid

you are incredibly talented and super thoughtful to the people you love. a great writer, a great skinner and an amazing painter. I wish you'd make me art but it's illegal to exploit child labor so I'm complacent just observing your work from afar. 

you've got a bright future ahead of you so long as you approach it with as much love and positivity as you can give. keep your mind open to new things and new ideas, and stave off bad influence and negativity, and you'll grow to be the person I imagine you can be. probably the same person you know you can be as well, whatever that looks like to you.

the youth is the future, vennie, and the future is bright. glad I met you, you're a reminder that young people do more than watch tiktok and lie.

37 minutes ago, MrChenn said:

when are we having our fated reunion in rp

when you come out of hiding.

1 hour ago, Sevastiel said:

why the fetch did you come back, run while you can!

I have ascended seeing LOTC as a curse. I am here by choice and I choose only to have fun. the moment it isn't fun, I leave

hello, it is me. spoon.

what do you think of me, what are your main inspirations for stories and writing? -- and what would you say is your favourite MF doom album/song?