Holy Hells do I Hate The Druids. A Hating of Inactivity and Magics.

VoidandNull

4 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

or we could allow warclaims (like they're about to do) and a few like minded players could conquer all these 4 man settlements and form a single elven nation : ))

not every roleplay end needs to be enforced through brute force admin tyranny

troll-pilled.gif

Step 1. Say I hate the druids

Step 2. Formulate a giant army of elves spamming “Malin son join for elf.”. Name them Something Something Malin Something.
Step 3. Make up some reason why the druids are evil.
Step 4. ????

Step 5. Unify Malinor.

4 minutes ago, Lhindir_ said:

Step 2. Formulate a giant army of elves spamming “Malin son join for elf.” 
Step 4. ????

Step 5. Unify Malinor.

Malin son join for elf!

Heya, its ya boy, Deer Lord

1 hour ago, Ryloth said:

It'd eliminate the upper echelon hugbox of authority controlling the entire magic with as many gates and gate policies as their settlements.

P much all of our Guides and TA's are full right now, so I assure you any gatekeeping atleast at the moment is literally because we're trying to get through who we have right now that can take students. Generally, druids are pretty dang easy to get into as long as theres openings and you interview a suitable ammount of 'i want to help nature'. It really isnt hard.

1 hour ago, Ryloth said:

Funny enough when logged onto other accounts, the Mother Circle provides positive interactions for me ... it's almost like a username holds some significant weight when regarding a reputation of antagonist anti-druid RP.

I will be very short in this matter and say that the druid community's dislike of you has very little to do with 'antagaist anti-druid' rp, if you want to talk about it. Something that I do want to state is... people can dislike eachother and not want them near their friends, or recommend that they not be around. It's a thing that happens and with many of the artists and other folk in the druid community- You've rubbed them the wrong way, to be frank. If you want to message me about it, feel free to instead of lurking! I know you've been messaging some other people too, and have either a alt account in the discord or just a friend sending you screenshots, which is fine by me

1 hour ago, Ryloth said:

It already takes six months to complete dedicancy unless you know a green-tag and give them an under-the-table something-or-other.

Dedicancies can be as fast as a month to longer, it all depends on peoples schedules, that's just the way things go, like we tell all of our dedicants atleast in the mother circle if your having a hard time meeting up with your teacher, talk to someone and we'll getcha figured out

1 hour ago, Ryloth said:

I just wonder when I'll lose attunement on the alt after they find out who I really am.

I've got a good idea of who, and I've enjoyed the RP with that character so far on both characters that I play, if its who I think it is! I think they've got a good shot at being a druid, and don't see anything that'd say they wouldnt get attuned. He's been fun so far. We just have a lot of people that are uncomfortable with you being in the discord, frankly, and we're allowed to feel that way. 

As for the situation with Ando Alur, I've got my own fingers in some other chats to see what's going on, and I'm glad you and your crew were able to get in- We were blocked from it OOCly! Staff really werent willing to work with us, and we were all really interested in trying to get in there and interact with it, but I repeatedly had people get back to me saying they were blocked from doing so. 

What we were told, was that we were too mean for wanting to take the city down, and should hold off to let people have their mage fun, and some solo endeavors were blocked by PRO and ST. 

Contrary to popular belief too- Druids cannot seal voidal tears, the times we sealed voidal tears in the past was with the help of mages, where we acted as defense and cleanup afterwards!

As for the Necro things, I remember that being discussed, and at the time we had to focus more internally on activity rather than sending people out, and then as you said it just got burnt down

All in all, if you want to talk Ryloth, I'm here. I don't like things you've done, I'll be straight forward with that, but RP is RP. I hope you're having fun on your dedicant!

7 minutes ago, OhDeerLord said:

If you want to message me about it, feel free to instead of lurking!

Will do. There's a lot of things that've been said in the Druidic Order Discord that are beyond malignant, very biased, and extremely ill-informed.

9 minutes ago, OhDeerLord said:

Dedicancies can be as fast as a month to longer

Just a commonly-known and spoken average is six months, and I can only typically name Arch-Druids that have had a length of time under five months reflectively through their application dates.

10 minutes ago, OhDeerLord said:

Contrary to popular belief too- Druids cannot seal voidal tears,

They can be sealed in many ways if the RP is right. A druid can't close them outright, but they can make people close them -- or find other avenues which do exist.

All-in-all, I sincerely don't believe the druidic community will improve from discussion. It can really only take time or intervention by staff, and that's really it. I'll shoot you a message tho.

Yeah I get your frustration. Personally having been in your spot many years ago and just going through the motions of getting magic I totally understand where you are. Getting magic is weirdly hard, and thats only for the surface level stuff that is openly taught, totally unlike dark magics. Personally I knew the struggle of getting where you want your character to be in a story and have just been giving trials to whoever even offers to ask. Seer, for example, has a great piece of the lore written in it that lets me see other to-be seers and what not. My Chi monastery let anyone in as long as they could complete the trials in character. But I alone don't solve the issue, so all I can say is write a good reason to pursue magic, and then seek it out in character by asking around.

4 hours ago, Lhindir_ said:

Step 2. Formulate a giant army of elves spamming “Malin son join for elf.”. Name them Something Something Malin Something.
Step 4. ????

Step 5. Unify Malinor.

MALIN SON MALIN FOR ELF JOIN FOR MALIN SON OF MALIN JOIN FOR ELF MALIN ELF MALIN SON MALIN FOR ELF JOIN FOR MALIN SON OF MALIN JOIN FOR ELF MALIN ELF MALIN SON MALIN FOR ELF JOIN FOR MALIN SON OF MALIN JOIN FOR ELF MALIN ELF 

Hello Everyone, El Author here. This has gotten an odd amount of reception, but I kind of just wanted to post this to give my uncensored opinion on what I've said, and why I said it as a sort of final nail in the coffin. 

For one, yes this was 20% part baby rage, 30% part frustration, and 50% unfunny satire and uncensored opinions. So I want to put my final opinions on this topic before trying to not look at this post ever again. I'll try and keep this as quick and concise as I can.

Druids: 

I want to start this off by saying I do not hate any druid player. I wasn't exactly in the right mind to speak on my opinions for this, but I did anyways. If I made it seem like I truly hate everyone of you, I don't. I'm simply frustrated at the playerbase. Why is that? Well I go over them in my frustration fueled rant. For one, from my perspective, it seems like the druids are hiding behind their walls and or being incredibly inactive. This could be true or untrue, but this is what I myself see. My perception could be extremely different from someone else's. Two, your community. Your community has some of the brightest, most creative minds on the server. I've met so many sweet, kind, and loving people, but I've also met the opposite. Other people have met the same, and it frustrates me because I know a lot of you are good people with good intentions. 

Magic Communities: 
Hey there everyone with magics! Again as I've said before, I don't hold a hate towards magic users, nor towards people who gatekeep magic. I just simply wanted to voice my frustration in the moment. I am still going magic free, so don't intend to see me trying to strike up any plea deals anytime soon after this. My opinions still stands though. I understand hoarding cool magics and passing it around to friends, but I was told quite an eye opening thing last night. Magic should be earned on the hard work of the individual, not their ooc contacts. As it stands, lots of new players and even some veteran players cannot get certain magics because bias and general hate towards them. Either good reason or not, we need a certain way to work around this. I'm not a problem solver though, and I'm not about to rack my brain over this, but that's all I really have to say on that matter.

Again, I know this was QUITE unfunny as a schizo post, but I personally think these things needed to be said. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend, and I'm very glad for all the good discussions in the replies. 

Edited by VoidandNull

would like to see elven people being stuffed into a city that's literally post WW2 Austria and see how many gang wars break out in the span of a week

6 hours ago, OhDeerLord said:

As for the situation with Ando Alur, I've got my own fingers in some other chats to see what's going on, and I'm glad you and your crew were able to get in- We were blocked from it OOCly! Staff really werent willing to work with us, and we were all really interested in trying to get in there and interact with it, but I repeatedly had people get back to me saying they were blocked from doing so. 

What we were told, was that we were too mean for wanting to take the city down, and should hold off to let people have their mage fun, and some solo endeavors were blocked by PRO and ST. 

Uhhhhh... didn't like, a whole squad of you entered the Zone™? I saw somebody named The Lynx Druid or whatever go in there with a party of six...

1 hour ago, VoidandNull said:

Hello Everyone, El Author here. This has gotten an odd amount of reception, but I kind of just wanted to post this to give my uncensored opinion on what I've said, and why I said it as a sort of final nail in the coffin. 

For one, yes this was 20% part baby rage, 30% part frustration, and 50% unfunny satire and uncensored opinions. So I want to put my final opinions on this topic before trying to not look at this post ever again. I'll try and keep this as quick and concise as I can.

Druids: 

I want to start this off by saying I do not hate any druid player. I wasn't exactly in the right mind to speak on my opinions for this, but I did anyways. If I made it seem like I truly hate everyone of you, I don't. I'm simply frustrated at the playerbase. Why is that? Well I go over them in my frustration fueled rant. For one, from my perspective, it seems like the druids are hiding behind their walls and or being incredibly inactive. This could be true or untrue, but this is what I myself see. My perception could be extremely different from someone else's. Two, your community. Your community has some of the brightest, most creative minds on the server. I've met so many sweet, kind, and loving people, but I've also met the opposite. Other people have met the same, and it frustrates me because I know a lot of you are good people with good intentions. 

Magic Communities: 
Hey there everyone with magics! Again as I've said before, I don't hold a hate towards magic users, nor towards people who gatekeep magic. I just simply wanted to voice my frustration in the moment. I am still going magic free, so don't intend to see me trying to strike up any plea deals anytime soon after this. My opinions still stands though. I understand hoarding cool magics and passing it around to friends, but I was told quite an eye opening thing last night. Magic should be earned on the hard work of the individual, not their ooc contacts. As it stands, lots of new players and even some veteran players cannot get certain magics because bias and general hate towards them. Either good reason or not, we need a certain way to work around this. I'm not a problem solver though, and I'm not about to rack my brain over this, but that's all I really have to say on that matter.

Again, I know this was QUITE unfunny as a schizo post, but I personally think these things needed to be said. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend, and I'm very glad for all the good discussions in the replies. 

Just my two cents, your title says you hate two groups of people and then you go on to confirm said hatred in your opening paragraph. I honestly don't know much of what's going on in this convo but "hate" is a word that can take you places man. I for sure can understand not being in the right mind when ranting about something but just recognize that for next time. Type it all out then if what you read back isn't what you wanna put out, take a different approach.

8 hours ago, Ryloth said:

I wish the druid community could just get a big fat Thanos snap wipe like other magics have, and get some self-teach altars. It'd eliminate the upper echelon hugbox of authority controlling the entire magic with as many gates and gate policies as their settlements. Druidism is as big as Void magic, and it should be treated the same due to its size and presence -- and it's simply an antithetical area to Void magic anyhow, capable of undoing corruption, and the players tend to be extremely anti-void on their characters too.

I can't think of a better phrase other than "drain the swamp" when I think of how to fix the druidism community. It already takes six months to complete dedicancy unless you know a green-tag and give them an under-the-table something-or-other. You can see it first-hand with who (some, certainly not all) of the main druids are now, their application time gaps, and who they interact with. Cut-and-dry it's favoritism and bias. I just wonder when I'll lose attunement on the alt after they find out who I really am.

i'm unsure what kind of gate or gate policies you're referring to. we regularly have people just come to the grove, ask for a teacher, and begin their path on druidism through a dedicancy.

and this doesn't always take six months either. from personal experience i've had a student do it in a month. sure, sometimes it may take longer, but if all someone is coming to the community for is the magic at the end, they should probably look elsewhere. the druids pride themselves on rich culture, rituals, creeds, the list goes on. 

9 hours ago, Ryloth said:

I wish the druid community could just get a big fat Thanos snap wipe like other magics have, and get some self-teach altars. It'd eliminate the upper echelon hugbox of authority controlling the entire magic with as many gates and gate policies as their settlements. Druidism is as big as Void magic, and it should be treated the same due to its size and presence -- and it's simply an antithetical area to Void magic anyhow, capable of undoing corruption, and the players tend to be extremely anti-void on their characters too.

I've only had a positive experience with rogue druids and (sometimes) the Father Circle, but that's typically only been in interactions with the NLs and only the NLs. Funny enough when logged onto other accounts, the Mother Circle provides positive interactions for me ... it's almost like a username holds some significant weight when regarding a reputation of antagonist anti-druid RP. They won't want you around if you're one of the names in their Discord they reserve headspace for with multi-page logs in the search bars.

I can't think of a better phrase other than "drain the swamp" when I think of how to fix the druidism community. It already takes six months to complete dedicancy unless you know a green-tag and give them an under-the-table something-or-other. You can see it first-hand with who (some, certainly not all) of the main druids are now, their application time gaps, and who they interact with. Cut-and-dry it's favoritism and bias. I just wonder when I'll lose attunement on the alt after they find out who I really am.

The magic of Druidism is one of the cooler things on LotC and it could really be used aggressively to combat a lot of the other running-wild magics across the universe we play in, but in the hands of the current players, it'll be slice-of-life interactions with a maybe-maybe-maybe eco-terror action taken out against another magic community. I'd love to see it more frequently -- and it does happen -- but it doesn't happen enough, and it's because of the bad examples at the top.

image.thumb.png.4029db844c74d30be67df0c3713beb57.png

This is the problem with the druid community. Simple as.

It took me and the boys two days to break in, and Werew0lf with his lads blew the city apart with PRO permission. I think the druids could pull it off -- and don't get me wrong, of course there's the OOC level given the PRO perms -- but if you ask Story Team I without a doubt believe if the Druids tried to turn off their voidal tear it'd happen. After all, the PRO consented to the bad outcomes for his city when he approved the tear's creation -- therefore he is liable for all damages that follow thereafter. That's what I was told.

Likewise now, you're more than allowed to go to the remnant corruption and try to purge it. Kind of like how I've gone to both Mother and Father circle to inform of Vasiyeva getting necro-corrupted by [redacted] necromancers for the past month, but nothing happened -- and now the city is torched as a result.

Lmfao, it's really convenient to not add the part where I said it wasn't serious and besides even if I was people didn't agree with me. 

Edited by Bisscy
Spammed by mistake.