[✗] [World Lore] [Smoggers Addition] Airships

Slorbin

16 minutes ago, Chimping said:

immediate -1 can't have wig lore

i wish it could have been DU LOC, but oren already did a bunch of hot air balloon shit irply...

I quite like this idea, I can already picture airship battles spread out through the sky +1

I never considered a flying fortress to make my immortal home, always thought it would be a grand walking castle......but this puts a smile upon my face

Honestly, I’m normally against this kind of stuff but I can see this actually working as long as it retains the level of balance as stated in the piece. Good work, Slorbin. Very nice piece of lore. +1

Deep within Barrelbottom, a band by the name of The Redbirds just broke up. Guitarist Jack Daniels knew he needed a new band, and a new name. 

3 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

I'm disappointed I was expecting only Musin could use these.

Airships the size of bathtubs

I like this, it's really cool and may give a reason for Elytra combat  or air forces a reason to return, I can see people being launched into the air to fight  in the air against air ships

As a man who adores airships, I am very happy to see the concept appearing and being introduced! The inner child in me squeed and pictured explorations in the clouds, battles with harpies as they tried to kidnap people from the decks and bring the ships down. Harvesting of lighting within the clouds through storms. All kinds of fun little things like that. 

The more serious part of me however looked upon this and thought of the consequences of it being introduced.  Of how no settlement will be safe as the walls can simply be flown over and broke in. Of how someone could fly high enough not to be shot at then drop chemicals through potions, cannon balls and other such things from the deck down upon cities for terrorism. And that is only a few thoughts that came to mind. 

Now I do realize the lore made it very clear that the airships are weak to attack, from a sword, flaming arrows, and cannon fire. But there is a range to those that a airship can keep outside of. And you need certain permissions to enter into a space, or even crash land to cause damage by bringing the ship into space. 

With that said I do love the concept, the amount of events, intrigue, and story that it could introduce. No doubt that there will be a thriving community born to ships and taking to the skies the moment Airships become approved. The editions you made of them being useable to travel from lands to lands, like ships, transportation, and other details showing just how deeply you've thought on this. 

Whichever the case may be I look forward to seeing what happens with this piece. 

I love it
Anyone who says it doesn't "Fit" into Lotc I believe has a narrow veiw on what could be, this isnt glockomancy this is some dope shit I cant wait to see

(Definitely not just cause it means we could drop bombs on people... only a bit)

14 hours ago, Royal Peasant said:

As a man who adores airships, I am very happy to see the concept appearing and being introduced! The inner child in me squeed and pictured explorations in the clouds, battles with harpies as they tried to kidnap people from the decks and bring the ships down. Harvesting of lighting within the clouds through storms. All kinds of fun little things like that. 

The more serious part of me however looked upon this and thought of the consequences of it being introduced.  Of how no settlement will be safe as the walls can simply be flown over and broke in. Of how someone could fly high enough not to be shot at then drop chemicals through potions, cannon balls and other such things from the deck down upon cities for terrorism. And that is only a few thoughts that came to mind. 

Now I do realize the lore made it very clear that the airships are weak to attack, from a sword, flaming arrows, and cannon fire. But there is a range to those that a airship can keep outside of. And you need certain permissions to enter into a space, or even crash land to cause damage by bringing the ship into space. 

With that said I do love the concept, the amount of events, intrigue, and story that it could introduce. No doubt that there will be a thriving community born to ships and taking to the skies the moment Airships become approved. The editions you made of them being useable to travel from lands to lands, like ships, transportation, and other details showing just how deeply you've thought on this. 

Whichever the case may be I look forward to seeing what happens with this piece. 

6 hours ago, Jameson_h said:

I love it
Anyone who says it doesn't "Fit" into Lotc I believe has a narrow veiw on what could be, this isnt glockomancy this is some dope shit I cant wait to see

(Definitely not just cause it means we could drop bombs on people... only a bit)

I'm glad you both like it a lot!

Though, perhaps I should probably clarify that, while yes, you can drop blasting potions on people, you can still only park ships in regions that are not your own with PRO permission (as with most builds). Get that and you should be fine to drop bombs that don't specifically destroy blocks- but, then again, if a PRO is giving a hostile force permission to park overhead then they'd definitely destroy the city in some other way if they could.

This lore has been denied. 

Admin denial upon techlock basis.