Lore Change - Racial Updates

squakhawk

-Ologs are incapable of learning magic, and cannot utilize activated enchantments.

MY ******* 9FT TALL ENCHANTED SPOON WHYYYYYYYY

Haha twins go bye

kill the twins. all of them.

will this finally end massive elven families? 

8 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

we've removed it all together from lore as culture is not meant to be deeply integrated into fully-factual racial lore.

can you clarify this a little more? I'm not sure how this alters the culture in rp at all. I don't see what the lack of mention will do to fix the conflict between physical maturity and cultural perspective, especially when this has been a cultural thing for years

I don't even know what to say about this, because it could have just been easier to have a reminder placed on persona cards rather than mess around with years of lore for other races.. I mean I know the elf thing needed to be addressed and that was going to be a sticky situation regardless, but holy shit-- was there a different way to do this other than everyone at 18? I mean obviously no one should have maturity below 18 but I don't know how to really word what I'm trying to say here other than everything feels a little weird--

However I do agree with the Olog change that should have happened long ago.

3 minutes ago, frankdh said:

can you clarify this a little more? I'm not sure how this alters the culture in rp at all. I don't see what the lack of mention will do to fix the conflict between physical maturity and cultural perspective, especially when this has been a cultural thing for years

Players, nations, groups, etc. can interpret age however they might want to. But this removes the confusion that was spawned from a few players roleplaying 40 year old elves as children because of how misconstrued the line seemed to be. It clears and confusion and leaves you with a fully factual, zero-misintepretation or vagueness piece of lore. The goal is to remove any potential misinterpretation, as we saw a lot of.

2 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

Players, nations, groups, etc. can interpret age however they might want to. But this removes the confusion that was spawned from a few players roleplaying 40 year old elves as children because of how misconstrued the line seemed to be. It clears and confusion and leaves you with a fully factual, zero-misintepretation or vagueness piece of lore. The goal is to remove any potential misinterpretation, as we saw a lot of.

Yet you nerf an entire race without even talking to us. Orcs grow big and stronk fast. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

*st cackle in elven twins

Just now, SquakHawk said:

okay, I understand a bit better now. thank you! I misunderstood that people were confusing the aging to such an extent. thank you very much!