The Schemes Of A Dove: Truth Revealed

Kiiwi

High Prince Evar'tir Oranor eyes his own Prince-Heir suspiciously after reading the document.

Laine reads the letter over from the noticeboard, his eyes widening as skims over each line before stating to no one specifically "Woah, now that's a plot twist that I did not expect." he points to the letter as his puckered lips turn into a smirk before turning and continuing on with his day.

"Wow. I never saw this coming..." Philip III says loudly as he reads the daily paper. When no one is looking, he throws a box containing official correspondence into his fireplace.

Prince Kosher Daesmon looks at his High Prince after reading the missive, curious to what he may think.

Valindra grinned wickedly. "How does it feel, Dimaethorian dogs, to be despised by your own? I hope Ayliana puts them down as everyone should have over a century ago."

Spoiler

Based

OOC

Spoiler

When I first came to Haelun'or, I came with the intention of exploring a roleplay community that I'd never encountered before. I mostly played a Human for the ~3 years that I've been on the server and I thought "Hey, a High Elf would be a new experience and it is something worth trying". I dabbled in other races here and there, but I never fully immersed myself into a non-human's community before. Suffice to say, it quickly became apparent to me that Haelun'or's OOC community was rife with issues. Conveniently, I came around the time that Kiwi popped back into Haelun'or.

Both toxicity and sexism was blatant. These weren't behaviours that were only exhibited by some of the general playerbase, but it was also something being displayed by upper leadership, including the Silver Council and Nation Leaders. When there weren't individuals in leadership who acted in these ways, they did not seemingly make any effort to speak out against the behaviours.. some of them even encouraged it and the idea of breaking server rules. The interactions that I've seen between some people in voice chats and in text channels is absolutely horrible. Nobody should be treated the way that people are being treated.

While I did not take as active of a role as others, I contributed to helping Kiwi become Sohaer and it is something that I'm proud of. She has a real potential to shape Haelun'or's future, and I think that it's important that Haelun'or is changed fundamentally so that its core elements that hold it back can be addressed.

This whole ordeal has been tiring, and it's why just the other day I gave in a notice of resignation from Moderation to itdontmatta and it's part of the reason that I'm taking a break from LotC.

Spoiler

As somone that spent hours crying over things that were said to me under Ankans reign I can completely understand this on a level I didn’t think o could. Good job.

Leika looked at the missive a smile creeping to her face “we have more in common then what I originally  thought.” 

"Now that's a story" Ornthalas notes with a click of his tongue "I'm quite interested how this is gonna end. Maybe I'll visit the place."

1 minute ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Reveal hidden contents

At least this shows me why nation leader roleplay is dead, if basically everything to do with it has an ooc vendetta that transcends roleplay itself.

It's all good to remove horrific people from your community but this post is against the spirit of what lotc should be about. Sorry.

Mods could genuinely just blanket ban people with this meta confession ngl

Spoiler

Twi and Ryan will be more than happy to show the mods all of the rp leading up to this!

The Head-Librarian of the Frederick Library would smirk. "It's all coming together now."

A lone Uradir watched from afar, head in hands, wondering how everything had gone so wrong. "Every day is another trial reading this soap opera plot. How disappointing, my kin. You need me so and I am yet reluctant to heed your call."

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, mkaxeman said:

i blame the ferrymen disbandment for this

LOL