RE: Our New Mission Statement

itdontmatta

Rules that advocate for the narrative are most required to move forwards as a community. I find myself aligned with this train of thought developed by itdontmatta & the Admins.

Spoiler

3840a03dca243fc63ab545e143212fee.png

ohhh elden ring

ugh oohhh elden ring

i cant wait for 9v20 crp fights whenever i try to go raiding now

nice

Now that I play on a mac, and not my optimized pvp gaming pc, I agree with these rules

image.png.1d43e5a2bd710f149323ed1d9ac5da4f.png

you're saying i have to rp on this rp server?

how will already existing mercenary outposts come to play here?

About the RP default, does it mean you can only PvP if there is 8+ people and the vote goes through?

I find myself generally in support of the adjustments you've highlighted here, but I am curious what brought about the removal of PK war goals.

In my opinion it seems like it would take away a big driving factor for players to even want to go to war in the first place. For example, let's say nation A has been deeply wronged by nation B, and nation B's leader is a tyrant who is mainly to blame for the wrongdoings against nation A. A big driving factor of marching to war is to defeat the tyrant of nation B (in the Shakespeare play Macbeth, the soldiers sieging Macbeth's castle had little to no interest in attacking Macbeth's soldiers or anyone stupid enough to support him, they wanted to see the evil tyrant be slain). With this adjustment, you can go through a grueling war effort, but you don't even get the satisfaction of slaying the tyrant because even if you win the war, you will just see the character walking around as if nothing happened. Yes there will be some NLs who have integrity and will PK in such an event, but in my experience, NLs who lead nations in such a way are hardly people who would submit to such an event.

Now, I don't think this change will spell the downfall of the server, but I am very curious as to what brought it about; with all respect, it seems like a very poor choice.

On the other hand, good to see that admins are doing stuff and trying to make positive change. You love to see it <3