Letter of Resignation

Javert

jvo1Y3jpPPPYmSyglOg24ekg5FS4CKMzJ_1ND0B7kacc-iZrtDdH_g7tZu5EQYKsL_EUq86mlxoZ-lU2qyUG_WxgebyRc62J3Buvke9ory6DOcZomV_cBM1D8Txj1C_VP5xK4s34

Letter of Resignation

Issued this 12th of the Sun's Smile, 70 S.A.

To the People of Norland,

Long have I hesitated in writing this letter. With the continuation of the war in the South, I felt that had I resigned earlier, then the Ashguard would remain unprepared for what lied ahead of it. Now, with the victory at Eastfleet, I feel our Allies are fully capable of winning the war with their forces, with or without the help of the Ashguard. I am certain that the current leadership of the Ashguard, and the King's Council of Norland, will find a worthy successor that will replace me in my duties to Norland. 

It has been Sixteen years since the time I became Marshal of the Ashguard, and my tenure has been nothing short of eventful. From Tribals and Svarlings to Orenians and chaotic Kingsmoots, the Ashguard has surely withstood many a foe in the field of battle both abroad and domestic. And, while not always victorious, our mistakes have allowed us to improve and build upon what we have learned from our defeats. I am beyond proud of all members of the Ashguard new and old. I am proud of them for their service to Norland throughout these dark times, and I hope that they continue to do so throughout the tenure of my successor. 

As for what I shall do following my resignation, I shall retire to my keep of Eiriksgrad. I shall continue to fight for Norland as a soldier of the Ashguard, but henceforth I will be retiring from military command both small and large scale. There has been no greater honor in my life than to serve alongside fellow Norlanders throughout my years of service, and for that, I am thankful to you all.

Iron from Ice

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, Ruler of Eiriksgrad.

KRWuQQPEMVvqi8O2RcdPelxE9F-pjUohCIHbsaxS4s2T-LU6m5pkZmBy1N7pOPsve5WpsOg4vFR8VPRokZQLLEovJOZSe1tdv9FCX9zs8T7pHkmItc7Arn5jTdkqnJ326AeXqTQn

Karl Sigmar wished the Marshal well, for he had heard ballads and tales of the marshals various entries into frays in the far north against Svarlings and all other things which go bump in the night.

Astrid Eiriksson Ruric gasped but then did the ‘Rock eyebrow raise.’

Kronk gave a dip of his head as he read the letter. "Heave ho fellow marshal, may yeh retoirement beh relaxin' fer yeh." 

Torstein Eiriksson Ruric looked over the lake from Eirkssgrad, hugging Amelie to his side. "Papa's home." He gave his daughter a light tickle, leading her back inside the Keep.

Casimira had a bottle of wine delivered as a retirement gift, in part because she isn't sure what anyone likes and just assumes that wine is a safe option.

Warden Boots receives a sparrow with a red and black ribbon tied around its leg at his home in Grenzstadt. Setting down his novels worth of paperwork and leaning back in his chair he tries to think about how many of this land's years he has been in the Ashguard, seeing the second of two marshals resign. He considers retiring himself to spend time at home with his wife and two children, but still believes himself much too young to retire. How young is too young to retire? He picks a single mina out of his coat and flips it up into the air...