The Final Voyage [PK]

ItemVendor

QTnAbd5FShaVoQMBQb-y3opz7KE-FXOCIaUewTjDt5RPXqGKZGMrN0mWx1FVPrP3VoQepaQymWFe4iOrmOwENLIe2Eqn_MW72GYjifwGR9XwcM49m1lBTaj6AentOihJmczzA-DXLenTvvYQzblffDMTea7mLVOUQ2Ik06Chcu4jdlEAHgsOXGjzPQ

Last sighting of Argus and Henrietta sailing off from Karosgrad docks

12th of The Amber Cold, 1893

The Final Voyage

The wail of seagulls echoed faintly, the afternoon sun shining brilliantly on rolling waves, its ebbing reflection plastered onto a grinning couple - Argus and Henrietta. Wood creaked gently as they crossed the dock and boarded Draco's colossal, personal ship, their hands sunk deep into one another’s. A private voyage, unknown to most.

“The last thing I thought, when I was caring for my children at your keep,” Spoke the flaxen-haired Henrietta as she stopped, pulling Argus by the shoulder to turn him towards her. “is that you’d bring me here. And we’d sail.” A coy smile spread thin beneath rosy cheeks, her lips rose to brush against his own. “And the last thing I imagined is that you’d agree to come with,” Argus replied softly, at a loss for words in the face of Henrietta's capturing beauty, that and her smile pulling his gaze into a depth. A depth that kept him wanting more. “And that you’d leave everything behind for me.” He concluded, then tugged her along to get situated on the ship for the day.

The two were drawn permanently to each other throughout the entirety of the trip, often partaking in dances and other festivities with the crew. On the third day, whilst the sun began to set and the sky wore its orangey gown, the ship’s nightly parties continued, a distant sea shanty muffled within the walls. It was on the third day when clouds darkened, coiling together in irregular patterns and shapes. Its thick walls darken the crashing waves below.

Just like that, everyone stopped, all collectively stood to watch mother nature’s infuriated army approach. And it stared back through its mass, beckoning them to turn.

But it was too late.

Waves emerged with all their wrath, crashing down to consume anything unfortunate enough to stand against it. Wood shattered with every blow it sustained, Argus’s calls to locate the lost Henrietta muffled beneath dominating thunder and the shrieks of men abroad. There he found the Baroness, squashed between two planks, rocking wildly with the ship as it passed through such a horrific storm. By now, the boat had sailed astray and the entirety of the crew had succumbed to their wounds, leaving Argus and Henrietta as the last two to suffocate and suffer the storm’s ruthless domination of the sky.

Lord Argus von Draco 1839-1893

Lady Henrietta Wilhelmine von Preussens 1864-1893

Donny von Draco sits on the edge of the foggy roof of Crestwatch, thin clouds of smoke puffed from his lips and into the misty air. He, having known of the secret voyage, wept,

realizing the great Lord, his father, was dead. 

Aoife's work had kept her afar, but the missive found her regardless.  "Deiwo, take him into your hands."  The woman pleaded, for she had hardly knew the man but figured an extra prayer might help his chances. Then mounting her steed, riding for the Draco's hold, the northern Crestwatch.

The widow of the great Lord Argus wept for the man she had dedicated herself to for four long decades. All that time, and she never knew. She never would know that the man she loved with all her heart had betrayed her. Betrayed her for a girl younger, prettier, no doubt. A girl who was not worn with age and battle scars from the wars she had fought with Argus; for Argus. All she could do now was lament the loss of her husband. The man she had given seven children. The man who brought out her true potential. The man she would never see again.

"Argus the Tide, Lord of Crestwatch, the man who turned the tides of battles, succumbing to the waves. In a melancholy sort of way, it's beautifully ironic." Kosher Daesmon, would dip his head for his fallen friend, remembering the battles they had fought together, and apart. He would slowly take out a knife and his famous blade, adding yet another niche to the guard of the blade.

"You reap what you sow." Darius muttered under his breath, heaving a sigh as he contemplated how a mother could so doubtlessly abandon her children before his attention was drawn by the now orphaned children which so blissfully played in the courtyard, his lips thinning at their cheerful sight as they remained ignorant to their mother's whereabouts.

Edited by Nord

A young child, one who hardly remembered her mother's face nor knew her father, sat idly by the riverside. Her legs swished about in its waters, paddling calmly, hands thrown in the air out of exclamation. The five year old let out a loud shriek of laughter, unaware that the very same thing she found enjoyment in now had ended the life of both her parents. Oh, born from their affair - yet now was the only thing that remained of it.

The Von Draco Bondsman (not a doomforged, maybe.) would sigh at the recent passing of Argus

Francine dotted on her last memories with her mother as tears began to leak from the poor child's eyes. "Why did you have to go?" whimpered the youth attempting to dry her overflowing tears.

A little Joséphine Marguerite sat idly hidden within the wheat fields surrounding her family's estate in the dead of the night. The girl simply lay there, rereading the missive over and over until she finally squeezed it tightly to her chest, orbs turning glassy as she refused to believe her dear mother had now passed. Finally the young child took a recollective breath, gaze drifting to look up to the stars as she spoke words of child-like innocence. "Mama, if you can hear me up there, I forever promise to make you proud... I promise!"

It was a calm, windy day in what is now known as the Kingdom of Aaun. The ruins of Vienne are barely standing at this point. Broken glasses, broken bricks, burnt wood would be scattered everywhere at the gate entrance until suddenly pebbles on the ground would start to vibrate from an incoming force which was believed coming from a horse's galloping. On top of the horse there was the grown redhead, Emir, upset, yet his face shown no emotion or tears. The man stepped down and took out the letter that was sent by the late Baroness-Consort where he stood at the same place where they first met over 20 years ago. The redhead looked around, getting what remained of his memory to reminisce and to have nostalgia hit him in regards of his old home. The redhead then spoke to himself, in the direction where the woman where was with someone's face that was disfigured due to irrelevancy. The words that came out of his mouth were the following "You may have been a bad friend, a bad mother, and a bad wife, but you were one of my first friends that I had met to escape my abusive home too. Without you, I wouldn't have met the person who I considered as my mother, and without you I wouldn't have known what real strength is like when everyone closes doors at you. You may have abandoned your children, but at least you were honest about it and atleast your reasoning is somewhat understandable. Atleast you gifted me a young, intelligent girl which I consider as my own daughter, and the reason why I do not grieve on not seeing my real children. Nicoletta may be too young and too naive now, but I am sure she will grow to be a remarkable woman, and I promise you that I will take care of her till my last breath. Thank you for everything, Henrietta. If there is a next life, then I cannot wait to meet you again, whether it is us making amendments or just reliving our entire lives all over again in a different world. Goodbye, Henrietta. We will meet again, sooner or later." The redhead stated with a frown, slowly seeing the illusion of his vision fade into the thick fogs of Vienne, the man took a last view around what was called his old home, before hopping back onto his horse and galloping his way back to The Commonwealth of Petra.