THE PROMISE OF THE HIGH PROPHET

_RoyalCrafter_

THE PROMISE OF THE HIGH PROPHET

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

To abate the concerns raised against the arrest of the cultists, I will state why da Kirkja Dverga approved this arrest, as well as make a promise to the dwarven people to ensure justice will be done. 

The Rhun Cult on multiple times has attributed divine knowledge and the ability to interpret divine revelation from forces such as the Rhun SOLELY to the Rhun Prophet. That any other authority upon the matter is FALSE, that their ways are the only true ways. 

THIS GOES BLATANTLY AGAINST EVERYTHING I AND ALL TRUE WORSHIPPERS OF THE BRATHMORDAKIN STAND FOR. IT IS BLATANT HERESY TO CLAIM A DWARF CAN COMMUNICATE FOR THE DIVINE.

If people do not believe in this assessment, let me posit other crimes. When Norli Starbreaker was High Prophet, he had UNCHECKED POWER. Whatever goal he wanted to achieve, whatever direction he wanted to take the clergy, he could have, and yet for the sake of only his growing cult, unthinking of the repercussions for his dwarven brothers and sisters, he DISSOLVED THE CLERGY. 

AN ACT THAT SPITS IN THE FACE OF EVERY SINGLE DWARF WHO FOLLOWS THE BRATHMORDAKIN, A SHAMELESS ACT OF DESTRUCTION FROM A DWARF WHO PREACHES CREATION. AN ACT THAT DISRESPECTED THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE AND AFTER HIM, WHO DEDICATED THEIR LIVES TO CLERICAL WORK THAT HE SO RECKLESSLY OBLITERATED. HIS REASONING FOR SUCH CANNOT POSSIBLY STAND UP TO THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HE CAUSED TO ALL FAITHFUL, BOTH IN KHAZ’A’DENTRUMM AND LIVING.

To the accusations that I am merely trying to gain power in our kingdom. OPEN YOUR EYES. I have done nothing but DEFER MY POWER TO COUNCIL. I do not run the clergy like Norli, who, as High Preceptor, held ultimate jurisdiction over the clergy during the course of his run. Whose callous and uncaring handling of the clerical community pushed out beloved and devoted brothers and sisters. But it appears the khorvadic taste of complete control is palatable to him and the leaders of the Rhun Cult.

I have REBUILT Hefrumm, REJUVENATED the Workforce and RESTORED the Clergy. All things that the Rhun Cult sought to undermine in their inception.

To those accusing me of not cooperating with these cultists, I have invited all the different denominations to meet and agree upon a simple agreement of tolerance and cooperation against Khorvad’s forces.

IT WAS ONLY THE RHUN CULTISTS WHO FAILED TO TOLERATE OTHERS, SPOUTING BASELESS ACCUSATIONS INSTEAD OF RESOLVING THEIR ISSUES THROUGH CONVERSATION OR AN HONOR DUEL IF NEED BE.

I REACHED OUT TO DURIN HAMMERFORGE BY BIRD FOR HIS SIGNATURE ON A DECLARATION OF AGREED CORE RELIGIOUS VALUES FOLLOWING OUR FORUM OF FAITH, NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE, BUT I HAVE BEEN IGNORED. IT SHOULD BE CLEAR AS DAY TO ANYONE, THAT DESPITE WHINING ABOUT BEING OPPRESSED, THESE CULTISTS HAVE NO INTEREST IN JOINING HANDS WITH THEIR KIN. INSTEAD, THEY WISH ONLY TO PROPAGATE THEIR LIES TO VENERATE THEIR FALSE GOD-PROPHET. These cultists were given every opportunity for forgiveness when they returned.

When a Rhunic Cultist DESECRATED the HOLY PARAGON, BJOR COTTONWOOD, I spoke with Norli Starbreaker, now “Stoneback”, then leader of the Rhun Cult. He assured me the Rhun Cult would find this person. BUT IT HAS BEEN YEARS AND NO RESULTS FROM THEIR SUPPOSED SEARCH FOR THE HERETIC HAVE BEEN UNCOVERED. ONE CAN ONLY ASSUME WHAT THIS MEANS FOR THE VALUES AND NATURE OF THE CULT: THAT THEY EITHER REFUSE TO SEARCH FOR THEM OR ARE EITHER HIDING THEM.

From here on, I shall promise the following to the dwarven people, to assure them of what is to come.

I PROMISE TO GIVE EACH MEMBER OF THE CULT WHO IS UNDER INVESTIGATION A FAIR TRIAL IN HONOUR OF THE BRATHMORDAKIN. I SWEAR THIS ON MY SOUL.

I PROMISE TO NEVER LET MY FAITH WAVER, EVEN IN THE FACE OF DEATH AND CORRUPTION.

I PROMISE TO KEEP WORKING FOR DWARVEN UNITY AND THE GRAND KINGDOM FOR AS LONG AS OUR IDEALS STAND.

NOTHING WILL SHAKE MY CONVICTION

And to those fat slobs who recline in their chairs all day, who do not have the beard to show their face in the kingdom and instead idly critique upon matters they have no understanding of. Who criticise the actions I undertake to restore the kingdom, while the weight of their fat breaks the people’s backs and necks.

EITHER FIGHT FOR UNITY OR GET OUT OF THE WAY. AGENTS OF STAGNATION ARE NOT WELCOME IN THE LANDS OF DWARVES. ROT IN LIFE, BURN IN HELL.

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

Narvak oz Brathmordakin

35eO0iuMn0aAM_GMVwciCUc7xiOoyamRnscAr5Wn

[!] A follow up was released
THE OUTCOME OF THE HONOUR DUELS WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT FOR THE PROCEEDINGS.

Patriarch Baldin 'Ironside' Frostbeard shakes his head "'ow dare they walk tha streets aftah desecrating tha remains ef 'igh Chief and Paragon Bjor Cottonwood? disgustig 'eretical be'avior!"

"You have destroyed our clergy, destroyed the workforce, and have created more tension in our religion then the Frostbeards when they created schism during the War of our brothers and sisters....  You have not rejuvinated anything. You need to do what an honorable dwarf would do and resign your position as High Prophet." Atandt would yell.

Edited by gandalfo

"You claim the Rhun Folk dunnae seek unity, yet oi seek the unity ov our kin. Oi seek the improvement and evolution ov our kin. The Rhun is ah way of worship, teh uphold our prayer through wurk. Oi have seen you do nothing but insult moi own clan Kin, moi Eldur. Then, yuu call me ah traitor. ME?! Oi once luuked tu you fur aid in the development ov our kin's future, but you've shown me yehr lack of brains an' brawn." Speaks a Starbreaker 

XSqcI7F8Yz6G6Srpmj7vPrTHFmMsPxCPsUusrQtYnBWRxe6L0cRN1OrGa9cj8cbZEqEypnS596TLQHXExHjjBBIw0hOgy9Zqk6Vqp1u8Di6kGvrnxzyVumQIsvYYo2VlMkqUDyz0g44FOTh6IlZSwQ

A lone, grizzled Grandaxe woman, hair braided into buns, reads and re-reads the personal declaration.

"This is metal as 'ell." 

She frames the parchment and hangs it up on a wall, thoroughly impressed at the most exciting piece of writing to come from Urguan in a century.

"Wonder 'ef any of those lads will respond wit' actual arguments, or just default to anecdotal ravings an' mindless finger-pointing at Garedyn wit'out any reference."

pNbPYmOeHimfp4_v4yCCGSEeVDvNBflwoxWnQmTMQi5R9fBL_ZsA-xTBR-wBMpueieyCZ_OrzDlLCM0B4zW4vo1dQZQlPdBe9N3wv-34rjwkbxwovVvRpY7QNUGN1nSefS1NlU44wscydZfbMbf6wg

"Ah do believe folks will crack doon on this Mossborn. Ah dunno ef t'eyre truleh bad 'o spirit, ah think nay...." Dwonki said with an uncharacteristic clarity of mind. "T'at bein' said, ah know where mah loyalteh lies. Wiff me Clan and friends. Wiff how ah see dah Brathmordakin 'n Yemekar. Dah Rhun es mah way forwards."

11 minutes ago, gandalfo said:

"You have destroyed our clergy, destroyed the workforce, and have created more tension in our religion then the Frostbeards when they created schism during the War of our brothers and sisters....  You have not rejuvinated anything. You need to do what an honorable dwarf would do and resign your position as High Prophet." Atandt would yell.

Axel would sit and think to himself 

‘I wonder what ever happened to Atandt Irongrinder. One of the worst if not the worst Grand Kings in history. And a former Grand Chancellor who only abused his position for his own personal gain. Hopefully he’s been taken to the deepest depths of Vuur’dor where he belongs.’

“Der were no cries, no tears when Norli persecuted de innocent with his Temple. Norli saw fit to serve as judge, jury, ahn executioner, ahn silence es wot came from dese clans who claim devotion to de gods. Irongrinders, Starbreakers… bah, hypocrites ahn perjurers. Ah shall list de Woes o’der Guilt.

Dey teach de Brathmordakin, but dey do not love de Brathmordakin. Dey claim final authority on tasks held supremely by de Brathmordakin.

Dey preach de Brathmordakin, but convert people away from parallel paths o’de Brathmordakin.

Dey teach de laws o’de Brathmordakin, but dey do not practice some o’de most important parts o’de law— justice, mercy, faithfulness to de Brathmordakin. Dey obey de minutiae o’de law, but not de weightier matters o’de law.

Dey exhibited demselves as being righteous on account o’being scrupulous keepers o’de law, but were, en fact, not righteous: der mask o’righteousness hid a secret innah world of ungodleh thoughts ahn feelings. Dey were full o’wickedness. Dey were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on de outside, but full o’dead men’s bones.

Dey professed a high regard for de dead Prophets o’old ahn claimed dey would nevah hab’ persecuted ahn murdered Prophets when, en fact, dey were cut from de same cloth as de Ironborn: dey too had Ironborn blood in der veins from de Empire o’Khorvad.” A scathing rebuke returned from the fire and brimstone of the Prophet of Dungrimm.

1 hour ago, mateolog said:

Patriarch Baldin 'Ironside' Frostbeard shakes his head "'ow dare they walk tha streets aftah desecrating tha remains ef 'igh Chief and Paragon Bjor Cottonwood? disgustig 'eretical be'avior!"

Fraye sighs softly, giving her husband a comforting pat on the shoulder, "Aye, let's 'ope they've learned a' lesson or two..."