Lynx's Peace - PK Post

[!] Eyes came to a close as the ame rested her weight against another,  a hand clenching at her chest with a small frown as she felt the presence of face "Ahernan for all youve done, ill see you again old lady"  Her lips tugged into a small smile - one of peace and solace "You took me in - showed me the truth of the world wrecked in havoc and blinded by politics - Ill continue what you started" 

"Lliran who will go unforgotten... 'ay will bring ye tales fer when 'ay see ye lot again..." A certain Highlander would murmur solemnly as he watched the duo meld into the Stag's grasp, feelings both warm and somber taking grasp of his heart.

Elenora Divadri  remained by the tree for hours, knelt to the ground surrounded by several others. One by one the left her, until the Scorpion Druid was the last. It was only then that she made her way to the stone arches, pressing her fingers to it with a small sigh. With her daughters staff in her hand, she turned and left to head once more back into the forest.

When she received her letter, she flipped through it carefully, letting out a very small sad laugh:

" Who are you to call me old.. Blessed be, my dear friend and daughter-in-law. You are finally free."

[Music]

A crack resounds through the twilight domain of the Eternal Forest, originating from a tree that towers into the moonlight. An elder tree that has long rested, so long, the spirit that inhabited it feared losing itself in the eons of time. It felt the coming of souls familiar to it, precious to it... And a human emotion long thought lost overwhelms it. As the tree unravels, something with robes of leaves steps out from within, bare feet touching the earth for the first time in centuries.

It isn't some grand ram wreathed in lightning, or a beast made from wood whose face resembles a skull, that approaches Tailesin and Liri as they come into the forest, but just a man. It's not the Ram, but Jeremiah, grandfather, who approaches with tears in his eyes and arms outstretched to embrace them... To welcome them home. 

Ithuriel's grief can be heard echoing through the Grove for many-a night; her keening stirs the trees and frightens the animals.

Quietly sobs in the den. Angry and sad and annoyed and frustrated and devastated all at once from her guide and Grandmother's actions "Th' mages... ah'll kill 'em... all o' them... they did this"

The Rook sat by where the two had went for a time longer, words shared with another there before the crumbled stone pillars as she looked upon her stave. the oft stoic and upfront woman quiet and subdued as she ran a hand through the feathers that adorned it once more. Finally she came to the newly added hawk feather.. "I'll need to come across a feather for Liri too.. and she still owes me tea now.." She mumbled finally before she left the space.

A large elf found her way through twisting paths back to her home. Following a trail, she'd enter the now empty house left by Tailesin and Liri. She moved about, gathering ingredients. Stoking a fire and preparing trays. There in the house left by women she saw as mothers, Mordun began to bake. A familiar aroma of the druids' favorite cookies once more filled their home.

Across the mountains an old druid stood. Staring up at the moonlit sky, watching the stars. Lips moving in silent prayer. Tears tracked down her cheeks, betraying the grief consuming her soul. Hidden beneath armor, flesh faded away. Growing over with rough bark, creeping up her neck towards the woman's face...

In a future not so far away, eventually a familiar face would appear in the Forest.

Afterwards, far into the future, the Fae would speak of that day as a bearded man and the Lynx would throw such a ruckus from drink that it almost got a Mani drunk.

Spoiler

o7

Greene, whilst never having had the fortune of being close to his grandmothers in his later years, nevertheless felt the pain that came with losing those of whom he cared for and loved. And despite the desire to let out the emotions and the grief, the young man would hold it in, if only to help his sister and family in such a trying time.

That being said, once the night had passed and Greene was once again within the walls of his own home, the young man would slip loose his newly acquired Staghelm helmet, the tears of tragedy pouring down his face as this became of a night like many before, restless and full of despair.

Spoiler

[!] Roylan

“When I first met you, I promised myself I wouldn’t get too attached as I have outlived so many non-mali. Yet try as I might I ended up caring. Watching you grow from a young inexperienced lad to a man of wisdom and kindness. It has been a pleasure witnessing it. I’m certain you’ll help the Sage Way grow, there are already those who wish to walk that path.”

The druid of rainbow, of colours, of renewal and beauty even in the deadly form of totem sat. Within their cavern in the earth. Sitting on their desk, writing tool within their hand, twirling as he read the letter that had been left to him by one of his oldest friends. Before he moved his tool down upon a page, writing a letter. A letter that he would never be able to send. Yet one that would allow him to speak his feelings freely. For once,  a simple ink. Instead of the usual colourful draw of feelings. 

"To both Tailesin, and Liri. You have both been a inspiration to me ever since I met you as a young lad, escaping villages that kept trying to recruit me to their armies, and trying to find a purpose after the passing of my mother. When we had met at the mother circle I had been curious, and learned of the drui way through liri, and then of the different views of the mother circle that was causing you both to leave. Giving me a new direction in my life to go. One that started off with a simple calling, and a understanding. Even agreement with a mirroring belief in several core values. 

And has now, become a massive part of my life. I became a sage under Liri's guidance, I learnt more of the drui path under your own. Both of you have been the oldest friends, and companions I've had in my life. If I hadn't been prepared for this parting, knowing that you were both tired, and nearing the end. I would of no doubt been broken hearted. Similar to how I had felt when our monkey friend passed in the battle that torched the city.

But I had known, and been prepared. So now I can only feel a solemn acceptance, and surprisingly. A small touch of happiness, knowing that you can now rest. That you have done your duty, and both you and liri can find happiness in a adventure in a realm beyond this one. I pray that the next time we meet, the years have lifted from your shoulders, and a smile is much more naturally gracing both of your features. 

Until then, Tail, Liri, I hope you enjoy your eternal vacation."

He took a moment. Gazing over the letters, the words etched down on the page before he blew on them. Making sure that the ink had stilled and dried before he carefully folded it away. And tucked it into his shelves. Adding to the many letters, poems, and pieces of artwork that had never been sent, or able to be used. Yet a record, a memory of his life and those of which he cared for they remained to be. 

Spoiler

"I can't do this, I can't-"

But you do. She deserves to see your proud, and smiling face - a comrade, a Sister, a fighter. Grieving here will do you nothing - running away from it will do you nothing.

"I can't."

But you can. And you will.

Let the Wilds howl in her name, may she set an example to many and to all. A path of a Warrior is never meant to be peaceful, but she had achieved it for herself in the end.

Cry not for that she is gone, but smile for she has lived.

The Light will never fade.

The Sun will never set.

This is my duty.

These were the words uttered by the Sun of the Aspects, in the finality of her attunement through the guidance of her mentor. She had been warned,

"Your journey has been long. Filled with pain and strife.

Yet it was only the beginning.

Is this truly the path you wish to walk? Knowing what might come?"

She had bowed her head, declaring everything else she had yet to do and achieve, and readily bestowed her soul toward the Aspects despite all that she may endure as a result. But this was too much, too soon. Only a few Elven Years into her communion, and already she was experiencing the loss of two elder Druii - one of them her own Guide.

The Druidess was inconsolable for hours to come. For days following, she would abruptly halt in her activities - rendered to tears once again. It would take various weeks before she made it through a single day without feeling such grief. And yet - when that letter arrived at her home, with those books attached, all she did was smile.

"You would probably tell me to toughen up and keep going - but I would have to disagree.

It seems to be some commonality among us Druii, to be humble - even in death.

I will do my best not to mourn you forever more, but I will never forget you. So don't get too comfortable in that damned Forest. I will hunt you down eventually, even if only for one last cup of tea."

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/fA1vCy3.png

Cho346g.png

tCEi5JY.png

AM7kNRR.png

In a storm of teeth and claws - In a whirlwind of silence, grief, and wrath.

In the furthest depths of her mind she heard it - The howl of a wolf and the roar of a bear.

The Little Fox turned to face her onlookers with dry eyes and a mask of stone, a solemn promise made in her heart.

I will never forget.