it dont matta

Jihnyny

I never said you were a bureaucratic lizardman etc etc etc. I just don't rate your admin-ing.

chad response @itdontmatta

I should remark here that moderation is not punishing Crevel and Jihnyny for trying to bring a concerning matter to our attention, but instead HOW it was brought to our attention. Rally-calling and moral-showboating doesn't earn you any bonus to your social reputation, especially when it involves exposing even more of the playerbase to the explicit content you searched for. 

Greetings, my fellow mentally challenged individuals on this Minecraft server were we take the form of singular or multiple personas of the fantasy kind and then act similarly to those personas over text. I have a firm stance on this sensitive topic to certain individuals that are present in this conversation. It seems to be the case that instead of taking logical courses of action to receive a most splendid outcome of an terminally online individual exhibiting odd behavioral beliefs, they have swapped to a certain measurable extreme to dispose of this strangely odd individual. This is commendable within certain viewpoints, and in others it is unacceptable. However it seems that in this context the typography, the certain depiction and usage of wording may be implemented to invoke emotion or to omit predominant information. It appears to myself that jettisoning certain individuals from a team calling themselves "Moderation" for alternative, and more willing individuals within the community seems to be an excellent and splendid option for Public Relations and a heartier supportive structure of this "Moderation."

43 minutes ago, frankdh said:

chad response @itdontmatta

I should remark here that moderation is not punishing Crevel and Jihnyny for trying to bring a concerning matter to our attention, but instead HOW it was brought to our attention. Rally-calling and moral-showboating doesn't earn you any bonus to your social reputation, especially when it involves exposing even more of the playerbase to the explicit content you searched for. 

I agree, they should of kept it to DM's. If they felt like action wasn't being taken, they should of given the moderators and admins in question an ultimatum where if something isn't done (no response, inaction, etc) within a month they would go to the authorities and Discord's safety team. 

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

Why haven't you and Telanir gotten rid of the +1 function on the forums yet? I think things would be better off if we weren't simulating reddit.

Especially since rep isn't even limited daily anymore. It exactly mirrors reddit karma and people throw it around willy nilly at anything and everything.

22 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

but witchhunting people who are discovered to consume NSFW content in a non-harmful manner circles back around to being the virtue signaling you guys spend so much time decrying because you're obsessed with being a champion of server protection and child safety. that's not even mentioning @Cloakedsphere's point that like two years ago you guys were head over heels for a certain player who did NSFW content as a young woman and would worship her in your discords but cherrypick who to hate depending on how attractive they are and what platforms they participate in or what services they provide

Im not even really upset by it. But everyone here is picking on this guy, whether right or wrong, while we let things like that video slide without any repercussion. Would it be appropriate for me to wear a banana hammock and pretend I am borat prancing through cities I green screened myself into on a server full of kids and then distribute said video across all of LotC? Hell no. I voiced my concern about that to moderators 2 YEARS ago and all people did was laugh. I wont name drop the person nor the player group because EVERYONE knows who they both are. But the number of moderators we've had that have came from said player group that have done NOTHING about the video is absolutely appalling and its understandable why people are upset at staff. 

I understand both sides of the argument.

Moderation is NOT at fault in the slightest for wanting to uphold a modem of Minecraft law where actions on server determine your sentence rather than mob rule. I'd rather have a mod team be more hesitant to ban people for ANY issue than one which is willing to quick-draw and dome players. With regards to the latter, Mods could easily disguise target bans as ones which are justified. It could also lead to GMs developing sentences purely based upon someone's ideological differences, or someone's extra server behaviors. In this sense, I agree with the right to privacy so long as the sexual deviancy is kept out of sight and not involved in the server. 

Yet, that leads to the risk of leaving the server's defenses open to potential predators. Thus, I also understand the points levied by Jihnyny and Crevel. If an individual joins our community and they make no effort to hide their off-platform hedonist acts, and have google links that directly lead towards someone's comission for ERP, then that's a massive red flag. I get why people would want to be proactive rather than reactive to defend the server which, unfortunately, tends to take greater priority in peoples lives than their real ones (This is not to say that the author or any other supporter of Jihnyny prioritizes MC over IRL, but that for many players this could be the case and thus they want their little world to be safe).  If GMs are hesitant in banning, then it stands to reason that the community would also like to play a role in self policing to warn others to stay away from potentially dangerous individuals.

My take, however, is that the GMs should not be banning other players under the pretext that critique and investigation is in some way harassment. I understand that this can be weaponized, and that false allegations can be hurdled, but if the community was allowed to self police and naturally filter dangerous individuals by word of mouth, then chances are the number of victims could reduce. From experience of playing on this server for ten years, many problem players that were later TOS'd were identified early but more often than not received some level of moderation backing that silenced players from attempting to speak out. A particular Orenian emperor who got coup'd by Nectorist did wonders with this tidbit as he gaslit and threatened others into burying his accusations. If players are unable to self police their own communities, then the GMs are in effect forcing people to RP with radioactive individuals.

If people are allowed to accuse others of racism (hai Language :3), homophobia, metagame, etc. on the server without threat of bans, then it should also be permitted for the average player to also identify potential sexpests. And I understand that it could be construed as harassment or a witch hunt, but I believe the moderation can determine whether accusations are purely malicious through an investigation and punish slanderers accordingly.

I believe your intentions were noble and I forgive you for wrongly accusing me of being a danger to children and incorrectly referring to my furry persona on another game as bestiality.

I do not however forgive Crevel for dragging you into this and by both his and your admission sending NSFW content to a minor.

I do recommend you look up the definition of the word libel though

It probably really breaks your heart to know that i used to be a moderator here and the whole reason i haven't logged on is because i was told to step away for the sake of my own mental health which was deteriorating because of this community

Edited by Ali Renegade

Uh oh, better call saul...

39 minutes ago, Ali Renegade said:

I do not however forgive Crevel for dragging you into this and by both his and your admission sending NSFW content to a minor.

This is just untrue. By my own admission, I told you that I did not send them screenshots of any NSFW content. I told you I sent them a link to your Steam account when you tried contacting me for a gotcha moment. You might want to look up what libel means.

I'm just gonna lock this. It's not constructive or helpful at this point. Please feel free to reach out to me on discord if you have any concerns or some constructive feedback for refining our policies.

itdontmatta#3889