New Discord Configuration Requirements

itdontmatta

Make it against the rules for lotc discords to have NSFW channels & suggestive imgs (including art)/topics/etc posted pls

-Someone who's been unfortunate enough to have seen this multiple times

5 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Make it against the rules for lotc discords to have NSFW channels & suggestive imgs (including art)/topics/etc posted pls

I'd also like to request it being against the rules for these discords to have selfie channels. I think most of us have been on LotC long enough to understand how these channels are used maliciously and yet for some reason they always seem to pop up.

You should probably clarify that in order to set this up, the server must have Community enabled! Some people might not know 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I see nothing wrong w using swear words to express oneself unless you’re insulting someone. Like, sure, if someone told you to go **** yourself; by all means go and mute them. But, otherwise there’s nothing wrong w using swear words to express yourself like, “man I really ******* love lotc” be forreal. 

Before anyone brings up “oh but 13 year olds shouldn’t see that!! There are kids on the server!!” They probably swear more than I do on a daily basis because it’s “rebellious”. They’re old enough to know that the internet is gonna show them words that aren’t “socially acceptable” to use.

55 minutes ago, Neviah said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I see nothing wrong w using swear words to express oneself unless you’re insulting someone. Like, sure, if someone told you to go **** yourself; by all means go and mute them. But, otherwise there’s nothing wrong w using swear words to express yourself like, “man I really ******* love lotc” be forreal. 

Before anyone brings up “oh but 13 year olds shouldn’t see that!! There are kids on the server!!” They probably swear more than I do on a daily basis because it’s “rebellious”. They’re old enough to know that the internet is gonna show them words that aren’t “socially acceptable” to use.

The filter we require is only for hate speech and sexual language. If you want to swear by all means, I don't get offended. Just don't be prejudiced or sexual in nature.

Cannot believe "Maybe don't say slurs" is a controversial topic in 2023 lmfao, we're going backwards as a society

33 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

The filter we require is only for hate speech and sexual language. If you want to swear by all means, I don't get offended. Just don't be prejudiced or sexual in nature.

And that filter is perfectly fine with me, I agree with it. When reading the post it looked as if we had to filter swearing too - like how theres a swear filter on the forums and main LOTC discord. Thanks for clearin that up.

ngl i like this and imo if you are a community discord you should enable these filters regardless

and if you are a community discord you should also enable "block mention spam" and "block suspected spam content" as well, they help a lot in case of raids (that are not by pvp goons) 

i cant say slurs in #thug-shaker-central ? ? ?

you've overstepped this time mr itdontmatta.

expect a message from my attorney shortly. You are infringing on my freedom of speech.

🇺🇸🇺🇸 First Amendment 🇺🇸🇺🇸🦅🦅🦅🔫🔫🔫🙏🏻🔫🎅🏿🐴🔫🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🦅🦅 USA USA USA 🏈🏈🇺🇸🇺🇸🦅