What is even the point of a rally bell

mika1278

What is the point of the rally bell when CRP lock exists?

Just curious since if a conflict happens at the site of the rally bell, 15 minutes in you finally ring it and then you are rallying people who can't even join.

Explain and debate this stuff because this isn't working.

have you considered ringing the bell before the 15 minutes

🤷‍♂️ everytime i’ve seen the rally bell go off its gotten people able to join. But i do agree that crp locks a stupid concept 

4 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

🤷‍♂️ everytime i’ve seen the rally bell go off its gotten people able to join. But i do agree that crp locks a stupid concept 

finally a half decent mail take!!!

I mean. 3 Emotes is just awefully long, if the attacker stalls you wont be able to rally people that would rply be sitting in their houses and realistically hear the commotion.

If you logged off in a city, it makes only sense that you'll be able to join the ongoing conflict.

5 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

It's a stupid concept until ur attacking someone and 5 more people "coincidentally walk up" to help them (or, someone runs past and rallies an entire guard force)

Just now, TreeSmoothie said:

It's a stupid concept until ur attacking someone and 5 more people "coincidentally walk up" to help them (or, someone runs past and rallies an entire guard force)

but metagaming happened before crp lock and it can be sorted by u know, banning ppl caught metagaming. ppl still complain abt metagaming. no change.

if u decide to fight some1 in the middle of a road and expect not to be seen and for ppl to respond ur silly

23 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

I mean. 3 Emotes is just awefully long

I totally agree, 3 emotes is also enough time for an attacker to just stab the person ringing the bell.

Also, I’ve seen instances where a raid party will have someone stand directly in front of the bell, which makes it inaccessible so people can’t call a rally.

There should be a radius around the rally bell where CRP cannot be locked

1 hour ago, Werew0lf said:

have you considered ringing the bell before the 15 minutes

3 emotes to ring a bell, uninterrupted.

if the dude you're crping against is malicious or just a **** you can just take 5-6 minutes to emote and they cant ring it before all three emote round are over

sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to come back to my keyboard to emote, what can I say? Rally bells are pretty pointless when some people take 5-10 minutes to respond, should change it to a minimum amount of emotes before theres a crp lock

Problem is with bad crp lock rules rather than bells.

Remove CRP Lock, it's such a ***** move that people use to avoid the consequences of their actions.

If you're dumb enough to attack someone in their square, prepare to get rallied on. Simple as.

why dont we just remove crp locks in cities. it would make sense: if you attack someone in a city, there's no chance people wont notice...

remove crp lock. last map went to sedan saw a drazi 1v1ing a paladin. but like 4 people just stood in a circle huffing their own farts emoting "for some reason [X] could not engage in the fight" or "something was holding [Y] back from helping". utterly stupid, promptly left after a minute, leaving both characters to their fate.