Nomads Oh My! [An Inquiry]

Ibn Khaldun

hF4RYqI25CBI2cFZJsQ2kLsSKdJXjhC6Duv9owtspNMQbOG7zfX-IBDUJeVfaBYZ11btFCn7bpPHGPC2SWDuacfND6MJxLF9lxHUtOYWG0kU9DVDVsJF5w00CojJKL3GSkNP1pBS4MJgHB6hwikHHw

A topic that popped up recently (kudos to @Javertfor bringing up the discussion) regarding nomadic entities & player-groups on LotC has sparked my interest and an offer to any who would be interested. Would players like to see a detailed (culturally [with example], aesthetically and in terms of in-game presence) nomadic group on LotC? If so, would they be willing to play a main or alternate character as part of this group? I am not going to lead it (for the 100th time lmao), but I would love to help someone lead the group, create its lore, and generate innovative ways to keep players interested.

as if i do not already have enough projects of my own, this is very interesting!

1 hour ago, Chorale__ said:

as if i do not already have enough projects of my own, this is very interesting!

For you @Chorale__ and anyone else interested in the prospects of this project, I'll create a sub-category in this Discord to see we can throw ideas on the board and see what sticks: https://discord.gg/fmYNvhrxxJ

I am curious!

I love the idea of nomads. It's only earlier this week that I was talking about it- though about how the server doesn't really support nomadic types, seeing as you can't just up and set camp on random land.

Though I was also considering writing a method for such a thing- a rule in which camps could be set on any external tile/unclaimed tile for a few days to a week. But obviously, with more detail

yea i play one already. in my opinion, one of the greatest strengths of nomadic rp is having a very diverse cast of small tribes and how they all interact with one another. like with the scydri and their tribes, the ugluks, the scyflings, the cimmereans, etc.

I love playing nomadic type characters. I had a farfolk nomad who would just set up a tent around the nations (with NL permission of course) and he'd sit near at the time and just trade his wares. Was pretty fun all things considered. 

I'd love to be apart of a nomad group community!

@Chorale__ @Lirinya @Jentos feel free to hop in the Discord, I've got the sub-category for nomad planning up and a separate role to give.

If we can come to a consensus on how the nomadic culture is written out and enough players take interest, I think we can try to get land from an existing nation on the periphery to test out the "lobbying" method similar to how the Order of the Dead Men lobby to provide their antagonist events and NLs get on board with the idea. Barring that, we can explore a lair method to get the land needed to set up camp.