NECROMANCY AMENDMENT / CLARIFICATIONS - THE HENS COME HOME TO ROOST.

femurlord

3 hours ago, rukio said:

I think it just says a lot about the current state of darkspawn that this stuff has to be redlined in the first place. . .

Ok

People tripping out. SOL, romance, and evil aren’t the only types of roleplay on here. So many other types exist to flush out your character, you can do so much with your time instead of chasing that [1m] prefix or Union of X animal.

Edited by Turbo_Dog
Reminder: stay evil

22 hours ago, Morigung-oog said:

… The sheer number of ftb and romance related comments says a lot about our community. 

why do you in particular and lord of the craft players in general enter preemptive strike defense mode every time "romance" is mentioned? you have to get how obvious that is as a projection

isn't it banned (or at least severely frowned upon) to roleplay anything more than an acknowledging nod anyway? are there groomers in the walls? what am i missing

dont care either way about the redline just wish u would flesh out the psychology of it a little. i think it could be interesting (and more than a throwaway piece of red text) if necromancers lost touch with their mortal motivations in general

26 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

why do you in particular and lord of the craft players in general enter preemptive strike defense mode every time "romance" is mentioned? you have to get how obvious that is as a projection

isn't it banned (or at least severely frowned upon) to roleplay anything more than an acknowledging nod anyway? are there groomers in the walls? what am i missing

dont care either way about the redline just wish u would flesh out the psychology of it a little. i think it could be interesting (and more than a throwaway red line) if necromancers lost touch with their mortal motivations in general

You can do a lot with romance on the server which is a bit yucky for pixel block dnd. Its currently allowed for me to do smooching and kissing with someone then go into looc and ask to continue in discord, which is basically recruiting for e-sex on lotc. 

3 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

mori... youdont understand.., ,. the necro old age home inhabitants must BONE !!!!!!!!!!!

The bone zone… The liveliest graveyard known to man…

7 hours ago, christman said:

571ed2612907a7be5704a04ac7b79787ccb6efa9

Same thing I thought. First the disc ritual that was made to "conflict" with other people and now this. I feel like this whole thing is a dejavu....

To be frank, I will never understand why this wasn't a thing a long long time ago. As for aging, a Necro's ultimate goal can be to cheat death through obtaining lichdom or some other form of "ascendancy" that renders them beyond death. The degradation of the body and of the soul is a core aspect of Necromancy as the more the soul withers and rots, the more their morality decays until any means of self-preservation becomes acceptable.

5 hours ago, femurlord said:

I've been waiting for you at the necromancy self-teach altar, Narthok, where are you?

There is a necromancy self-teach altar?

Edit: Oh, I see, been there.

since when are necros corpses?
lore doesn't say anything on that, and it also doesn't say anything on a wound on their soul. it says that a necromancer's lifeforce never truly grows, rather they become more adept at controlling it. it never says anything on them losing lifeforce. if you're talking about the darkening redline about it, it's because they get addicted to the feeling, and become miserable when it is taken away. not because they need it to survive.

this would align with your necro re-write, if it were accepted, but it is not, and it simply doesn't make sense currently.

I don't see the point of this amendment. just because you want to have this for yourself doesn't mean it'll be good for the community as a whole. Like Chesire said, necro can give a lot of ways for character development besides 'ooooh look at me I'm evil'. if we're gonna deny people their RP niche, then we'll have bland and edgy necros running around.

In conclusion, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it should be removed.

11 hours ago, ChaoticallyCheshire said:

I am of the firm believe that if you cannot separate rp from ooc you should avoid romance rp at all costs. That being said many people know how to do just that. I am not saying one needs romance rp to develop as a character. I am just saying it is a nice thing to have on the side. It offers a different side to the character and not all romance is warm and fuzzy. I personally see necro romance as hilarious due to how dark it can be. 

TV gif. Reese Witherspoon as Madeline Martha Mackenzie in Big Little Lies shrugs, her hands in her pockets, as if to say, "I don't really care."

Are you okay?

8 hours ago, Trey said:

Ok

9 hours ago, Narthok said:

i could fix them...

Its been this way for 5+ years bros....

1 hour ago, rukio said:

Its been this way for 5+ years bros....

it is time to move forward and improve, this is a step in the right direction. I cannot completely control who all becomes a dark spawn, but we can help keep those who are in check. :) smiles bigly

Just now, Trey said:

it is time to move forward and improve, this is a step in the right direction. I cannot completely control who all becomes a dark spawn, but we can help keep those who are in check. :) smiles bigly

That's what I'm saying brosif :)

4 hours ago, Markisstreaming said:

since when are necros corpses?
lore doesn't say anything on that, and it also doesn't say anything on a wound on their soul. it says that a necromancer's lifeforce never truly grows, rather they become more adept at controlling it. it never says anything on them losing lifeforce. if you're talking about the darkening redline about it, it's because they get addicted to the feeling, and become miserable when it is taken away. not because they need it to survive.

this would align with your necro re-write, if it were accepted, but it is not, and it simply doesn't make sense currently.

I don't see the point of this amendment. just because you want to have this for yourself doesn't mean it'll be good for the community as a whole. Like Chesire said, necro can give a lot of ways for character development besides 'ooooh look at me I'm evil'. if we're gonna deny people their RP niche, then we'll have bland and edgy necros running around.

In conclusion, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it should be removed.

I don’t quite see how having no romance would otherwise constitute that your character is suddenly bland, if romance is what makes your character interesting you might wanna try one of the many dating simulators on steam. Roleplay is what you make it and the progression and appeal of your character can be met by a great many facets. We are not discouraging people to be creative with their character, however for quality purposes and to uphold what we believe is an important disposition with the magic, we posted this.

1 minute ago, rukio said:

That's what I'm saying brosif :)

*fist bumps