Item Edit GUI [Beta]

Greehn

Just now, Greehn said:

The current system right now (including my UI update) only charges you 1 edit token if the item you are editing has not been edited previously. I added a display on the item just so people know that it will either be taking 1 or no tokens, along with their token balance after the transaction. I cannot say for certain that in the future this will change, I just added it for easier management.

tl;dr: you will still only be charged 1 token for items you haven't edited, no matter how many you are editing.

Thank you for the clarification, and thanks for the work you put into the new plugin, it looks & works fantastically. I rly love the new line function for descriptions!

based making default items italic-less

Cool! More RP item stuff always nice

uhm yeah mr green I found a bug, when I open this UI it is an “item editing” plug-in and not cooking menu? 

would it be possible to add link(s) to items? being able to attach a picture to an item would lower the absurd lengths of some item descriptions

2 hours ago, Bonito said:

would it be possible to add link(s) to items? being able to attach a picture to an item would lower the absurd lengths of some item descriptions

just to reply on the forums even though we've talked in dms,

it is definitely possible to tie links to an item. i'll experiment in the coming days to see which way works the best.

I like the legacy commands better.

2 hours ago, JustAngel69 said:

Will the old commands still work? Or will those commands be depreciated?

Old commands will still work, though they do not contain the new features introduced with the GUI.

make a soulstone sound toggle next in the /me menu

On 11/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, Greehn said:

This is also where you can suggest any last-minute features that you feel would make your editing experience better.

@Greehngood work on the plugin, I'd like to suggest if it is at all possible for item descriptions to have a hyperlink attached to words/phrases. Would be a good for players lacking knowledge in certain lore if they were to attain a boomsteel weapon, the word boomsteel being a direct link to the boomsteel page for example. Works well for enchanted items too, while the creator might understand the item to a better degree if its lost or given to another makes it much easier for whoever has their hands on these items to have instant, easier access to relevant information on it.

46 minutes ago, DrakeHaze. said:

@Greehngood work on the plugin, I'd like to suggest if it is at all possible for item descriptions to have a hyperlink attached to words/phrases. Would be a good for players lacking knowledge in certain lore if they were to attain a boomsteel weapon, the word boomsteel being a direct link to the boomsteel page for example. Works well for enchanted items too, while the creator might understand the item to a better degree if its lost or given to another makes it much easier for whoever has their hands on these items to have instant, easier access to relevant information on it.

Thank you for your reply.

I did speak about the idea of attaching links to items previously with Bonito, though when it comes to hypertexting words in item descriptions, I'm afraid it is not really possible without making the method to obtain the text janky. As you know when you click on an item, you're not interacting with the name or the description but the item itself. You see the description through a hovering box that you cannot interact with at all. Same goes for /showitem, not really a way to interact with the description itself.

There is probably some other way to do this, though I don't think I'd know where to start.

tl;dr: specific hypertext on words too difficult 4 minecraft item lores

On 11/12/2023 at 3:48 PM, JustAngel69 said:

Will the old commands still work? Or will those commands be depreciated?

The command system has been problematic due to issues consuming tokens at the right time, tricky to correct mistakes, and overall a bit confusing to use. Plus, the way it's coded makes it difficult to add new features. I can't say if it'll stick around forever, though perhaps it'll be migrated to use the same "pending edit" backend as the GUI since it handles the data in a much cleaner way.

Oooh this is super cool! Its such a huge learning curve for new players in regards to making roleplay items. This is definitely going to help them!