[✓] [Creature Lore] Tunneltrotters

TUNNELTROTTERS

0vee6NNNZogv7RS76LEEAgucYtZok1z8QWV__yFZdGG0AvDRUU-FCVJBSG1rix5ws7sGcRQ2OkF2euAyicbGaA7SfpHEbf8de375m5uduynNHqnQm0hFsXENDmy6Rw23RP-mgTGtP0LHCsv0DKHhJuU

Travelers tell tales of distant snorting ringing across the walls of the mountains hidden deep within the mountains. Great beasts enshrouded by the darkness, meandering through the tunnels. Only recently have the dwarves, who delve the deepest, come to realize what these sounds originated from. A party of dwarves drove themselves on an expedition to find the source of such noises and new beasts hitherto unknown, meandering about the tunnels of the mountain: Tunneltrotters. The tunneltrotters were found to be several hogs, living inside the mountain and tunnels built within, thriving and adapting to the environment to a degree that left even the dwarves dumbfounded The party of dwarves found several different types of tunneltrotters and were quick to note their findings:

Spoiler
  • Tunneltrotters are all roughly 4-5 feet tall barring exceptions for tremorhogs

• Tunneltrotters can all be tamed and saddled

• Tunneltrotters all live within mountains or underneath the ground

• Tunneltrotters can be mechanically represented by a horse

FORGEBOARS

RekF20W0PQai6DuDBrZ9pKl0C6ui5IAQwP6N3YtLdCgBFISefXOAtwwgjVopoGvaPAMgTmPUMjfEI_y8tA4_yCbHSF3qHw5J22ZEC5KqfAIjJuKPiJny_Q_kvp-QuIHbYmRabRexyQArU5oZbPJErUM

Lava in their veins, fire in their eyes. The forgeboars under the mountain prove to be fearsome foes. The forge boar lives in the deepest cores of the mountains, where rock burns as hot as their veins. The occasional forgeboar will make its way up, climbing the mountain to meet higher up where travelers might find them but they are exceedingly rare. Luckily, the forgeboar is a docile beast but regardless, they are scalding to the touch, and only the most trained wrangler can come to wrestle a forgeboar properly for when the forgeboar is cornered, it fights back and is a fearsome foe. The only known way of cooling a forgeboar to be able to ride is to cut the tusks, allowing them to act as exhausts for the great heat held within.

Spoiler
  • A forgeboar may be tamed and ridden provided the rider has taken precaution against the heat and has cut the tusks

• Cut forgeboar tusks will emit smoke/flames out the hollow tubes exposed

• Forgeboar meat does not need to be cooked to be eaten safely

• This exhaust from the tusks will cause 3rd degree burns on open skin contact

• Forgeboar tusks are hollow and rather fragile, making them easy to break open

• Forgeboar tusk exhaust would be hot enough to heat steel and forge with it

• Touching a forgeboar who’s tusks haven’t been cut would give a 2rd degree burn on open skin contact due to its heat being insulated by its hide

• A forgeboar who's tasks have been cut would be safe to the touch, though rather warm, as the exhaust would release most of the heat

• A forgeboar with cut tusks returns to its docile state, fleeing at the nearest sign of trouble regardless of its rider’s instructions (i.e. cannot be used in combat)

CRAGTUSKS

0NGvkmjotLHBA0AzdoRdzJpXBohuvFfPSwCw4lmxaC9y8LvRG3oVn_kL_X3JhDpA_CwzbqxO-LguEXtvoaaI4RPmWmGjlNNANF5x6P9aEcp7SYyMsDBfJfDS1OzUJWnf4hao9v74vDWnzzAWuiJBijQ

The cragtusk is a mighty beast with a hide of stone and two tails. A fearsome enemy, the cragtusk is known to be very violent to those who come near its hoard. The shimmer of gold, the glint of a gem, the luster of an emerald, all attract the mighty cragtusk. The cragtusk is known for its tendency to amass great hoards of gems and ores. Oftentimes, mines go bare as a cragtusk races through the shafts, picking away at the ores and gems in the walls with its tusks to steal them back to its hoard. The hide of a cragtusk is a difficult thing to crack, usually requiring three or four strikes of a blunt object like a hammer to crack open and reveal the soft inside from which blades can easily pierce. Some miners however, choose to bribe the cragtusk. By slowly giving a cragtusk gems and ores over time, one might gain their trust and tame them. A tamed cragtusk is a useful ally to have on one’s side as they are very adept at smelling out and finding gems and ores.

Spoiler
  • Wild cragtusks are hostile creatures, particularly so when near their horde

• Cragtusks can have a hide of any type of stone as long as it sticks to roughly standard stone-like durability

• It takes a minimum of [3] strikes with a blunt weapon like a hammer in roughly the same spot to break open a cragtusk’s hide

• Cragtusks often come nearby large hoardes of precious gems and ores… perhaps even exceedingly rare materials like azhl or carbarum in very rare cases

• Cragtusks can often be found eaten gems as well - a healthy diet!

• The tusk of a cragtusk will be as strong as iron and very sharp at the points

• A cragtusk may be tamed and saddled by bribing them with gems and ores over time

• A tamed cragtusk can be used to sniff out and locate gems and ores

• A tamed cragtusk will quickly scurry back to protect its hoard in case of a combat scenario, regardless of instruction of its rider (i.e. cannot be used in combat)

TREMORHOGS

Z3p6zwaHY8wumrR7Qy-jpLmA42Bkw4Aig-2laXOBi1xcZbEZ678-48CWwClH2QkQJ9PUmkQXzHZq2w6q4AYHujUiSvkCGmSs-mj0llbjmCjjLX0hHAU4a3lZjysTtumzSsXCD__Rv1RJ7RUQNHp-p8E

The blind tremorhog is quite a docile beast but is the largest of the tunneltrotters, standing at six to eight feet - double the height of normal tunnertrotters . Often tamed and used by miners, the tremorhog can sense tremors deep within the mountain and prepare itself and its miners for collapses or large beasts coming their way. The tremorhog is a quiet beast that almost never emits noise and flees at the nearest sign of danger, intent on protecting its whiskers from which it senses tremors with.

Spoiler
  • Tremorhogs are the most docile of the tunneltrotters, often fleeing at the first sign of untrusted people, similar to a deer

• Tremorhogs sense tremors through their motley of exceedingly long and sensitive whiskers

• Tremorhogs are all blind and can only “see” through sounds and echoes

• Tremorhogs may be tamed and saddled if one carefully and slowly gains their trust - they are untrusting beasts

• A tamed tremorhog will immediately flee at the first sign of a combat scenario to protect their whiskers, regardless of instruction of its rider (i.e. cannot be used in combat)

MOSSHIDES

1NJhkC3mJXoNTf51hAtQOIa6YOoxYT5WXVKozMPEBG_roawCUORXFGUaFAsO20pmBDkKnQzFGUI0NhUpWWoYZQXw0ioS6fYxS_Nahnh_oUWGLVETK7gV-e-nklv6zM3cN6sP7e4Xqu7tv0BNlIdiJmE

Mosshides prefer regions beneath the mountain lush with moss and fungus. Oftentimes, such places produce an excess of spores and impurities into the air, making it difficult or impossible to breath in such areas for normal descendants. Living in such an environment has adapted the lungs and stomachs of mosshides to be able to inhale almost anything safely and ventilate air often unsafe for normal descendants. It has also led to the mosshides growing a substantial amount of fungus and moss on their own backs, providing a soft cover to sit on for riders. Miners often use tamed mosshides when exploring new areas within the mountain in which they are unsure of safety. Sometimes but rarely, mosshides have been known to wander out of the mountain and into nearby forests to eat the fungus grown there.

Spoiler
  • A mosshide will flee at the first sign of a combat scenario, regardless of instruction from their rider as they are docile creatures and not prone to fighting (i.e. cannot be used in combat)

• Mosshides are the easiest tunneltrotters to tame, oftentimes they can be saddled right off the bat as they do not fear those who mean no harm

• Mosshides do not have tusks

• Mosshides can have a variety of colors of moss on their back. Any type of fungus or moss their is can show up on their back, especially ones common underground

• Mosshides filter mundane air effects in a [20] block radius around them

• Mosshides are not capable of filtering air for non-mundane effects in the air (e.g. azhl)

PURPOSE (OOC)

Spoiler

I mainly just felt like writing some lore and decided that it would be cool to add some flavor mounts for some dwarf sized characters since I hear a lot of players at least in the dwarf community are missing iron rams. It gives some interesting ways in which mining/deep mountain rp can be enhanced and provides a new way for mining gems and ores via hunting which I think would make a cool event.

Credits:

BuffBadger - Primary Writer

'ate horses

'ate elves

'ate druids

Luv me Cragtusks

Luv me gems

Luv me ores

Gonna defo use a Forgeboar tusk as a warhorn!!!!

+1

this is actually cool and pretty unique lore!
Though i do not like the 'cannot be used in combat' setting!

It'd be nice if they could be used in player events or even ST events as rideable mounts.

The Grand King snuggled up against his emotional support Mosshide.

Didnt ST add a similiar thing already with the Nefeli boar?

idk i think nobody noticed it though... maybe you could expand/add on them?

ADRESIN TUNNELSMASHER LOOOOOVES TUNNELS! I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES I LOVE DWARVES 

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.