camping SS pillars shouldn't be a thing

Jentos

41 minutes ago, ItemVendor said:

remove ss pillars completely

Agreed make ppl have to travel from the ct pillars

53 minutes ago, Creator_Alan said:

Everyone is okay with the rules until they are used against them lol

I'm not okay with pillar camping, orcs did not pillar camp early in the war. 

I would appreciate if staff were just clear on the rules. As things stand the rules are a morass of unwritten opinion. For example, the 3am barn burning. I was told by 60th that barn burnings required us to conflict with the enemy and had to occur at peak times. Apparently that isn't the truth.

You get wildly different rulings from staff, particularly compared to what is written in the rules. You end up having to play this game of 'read the staff's mind' or 'keep up with the most current screenshots of staff rulings' if you intend on being rules compliant and also engaging in conflict.

I have to simply agree with narthok the rules most of the time are unclear and unwritten especially hard for newer players to spiritually know rules which arent stated

1 hour ago, Narthok said:

I'm not okay with pillar camping, orcs did not pillar camp early in the war. 

I would appreciate if staff were just clear on the rules. As things stand the rules are a morass of unwritten opinion. For example, the 3am barn burning. I was told by 60th that barn burnings required us to conflict with the enemy and had to occur at peak times. Apparently that isn't the truth.

You get wildly different rulings from staff, particularly compared to what is written in the rules. You end up having to play this game of 'read the staff's mind' or 'keep up with the most current screenshots of staff rulings' if you intend on being rules compliant and also engaging in conflict.

I agree. Rules are regularly vague, changed or interpreted differently without notifying the community at large, and interpreted differently by different staff. On the raid cd things staff put up, it says 'no hostile action' still, but staff have seemingly started saying that raid cds still allow groups of 4 or less to 'commit hostile action'. If this is the case the raid cd msg should be changed and it should be enshrined in the rules.

you literally need an associate’s degree in forum threads and discord messages and staff networking to know what’s allowed and what’s not. make a clear and consistent and fair ruling and then stick to it im begging you 

I have said in the past and I will say it again. Our rules are badly written, vague and moderation on them is inconsistent.

sucks for either side being camped at all. Though it's something I've personally had fun with, during war-time road banditry very rarely serves to create anything more than arguments and dull ransom roleplay while inconveniencing a majority of the server base.

it's already disproportionately punishing to newer players who aren't aware of all the odd ruling loopholes and conventions. Allowing it at ss pillars is an absurd moderation decision that I'm surprised had stood at all for more than one instance

Hate me. 

BRING BACK VILLAIN APPLICATIONS! >:D

5 minutes ago, Netphreak said:

Hate me. 

BRING BACK VILLAIN APPLICATIONS! >:D

As long as it ain't the essay for the homeless child to steal bread for survival, I do actually support the notion.

Villainy application stuff is dumb

The fix is literally just staff not suddenly ripping up years of precedent without telling anyone or consulting the community first lol

4 hours ago, Borin said:

Villainy application stuff is dumb

The fix is literally just staff not suddenly ripping up years of precedent without telling anyone or consulting the community first lol

The Br*t is correct.

Us complaining about it on a basket weaving forum isn't going to fix it though. Vote with your wallets - tis my two cents on the matter.