A PROMISE KEPT: The Battle of Hippo's Gorge

Mady

"Is this coalition trying to slight us? We raise an entire detachment of magi larger than some nations bring with their entire Armies and yet we receive not an ounce of recognition" remarks Razad. "Get me Atticus" he says to a nearby scribe. @Hom

Spoiler

Prince Marcus strode through the fields of fresh carrion, the Anathema's army to serve as easy pickings for the region's exotic fauna. "Still... it's better to be cut down on the field than the alternative," the Prince concluded, catching sight of a marauding hippo exacting retribution on those who had disturbed its territory.

37 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

"Is this coalition trying to slight us? We raise an entire detachment of magi larger than some nations bring with their entire Armies and yet we receive not an ounce of recognition" remarks Razad. "Get me Atticus" he says to a nearby scribe. @Hom

Atticus Reinhold blinks at the scribe that had knocked upon his door with a rather disgruntled expression, braids slightly askew from what had been a very nice post-battle nap. Then he sighs, and runs a hand down his face. “Well- You can tell the Grand-Magister that if the Coalition had time to thank and acknowledge every single vassal that contributed to its numbers individually, we would be looking at a very long list of names. If Petra was acknowledged, we were acknowledged, because we are a vassal of Petra.” 

He half-turns to re-enter the home, then turns back around and adds- “And- tell him he has a severely inflated idea of the numbers we’re bringing. If he wants individual recognition, he should be working with the Chamber of Fire to recruit more so he can receive it. I can assuredly inform him that we did not muster a rally larger than any one entire nation. Claiming you are being slighted for that isn’t just egotistical, it’s downright rude to our allies.”

Then he presses his lips together. “And- Er- If you could tell him all that in politer terms than I said it, it would be greatly appreciated.” He gives the scribe an apologetic little smile. “Sorry you had to come all this way."

He ducks back into Manor Raonòir, and closes the door.

Edited by Hom

"Now they're dragging innocent animals into this war?!" The Musin exclaimed. "I have lost all hope, for both sides.."

“I wonder if they will surrender now? After all, they expected us to surrender after they won a single major battle.” Hali mused over a mug of ale.

Viktor var Ruthern spied the trampled remains of a Veletz-man, or an orc, splayed across the well trodden mud. It was difficult to tell them apart with the state of the field after the Balianites had employed their... secret weapons. A hand lazily came up to sign the Hussariyan, and he continued his ride from the field, well-laden carts in tow. No doubt, the smithy would stay busy even now, re-purposing and replacing that which could not be repaired.

"Unfortunate, yet niet unforeseen. A shame their citizens will lament that 'nobody came', home. As they often drivel." He spoke relaxedly aside to his riding companions.

@Demavend@GMRO

Edited by ContestedSnow

The Fleet Admiral Ruthern in question lay down his blade, exhausted from the battle, before he made the march back to the Capital of Balian for a well deserved rest. "Y for one, think the Veletzians should surrender, quite an embarassment." He'd state, wiping the blood of around five or so veletzers from his sword.

"A battle well fought.."

Gottfried looked upon his steed with an almost nostalgic expression, though the beast having long departed he would give it a proper send off.

"They were fools to attack Balian first, had they not accounted for the hippos?" Enrico questioned.