The Green Will

1708261674_mossbornclanlogo-min.thumb.png.95b36b9403e2922c8c6c72f6bfd72834.png

barbaro roman

[!] Several letters would be sent out to various dwarves.

With the state of the war, I figured it would be best if I wrote a will down. If you are reading this, I’ve either perished on the battlefield, been assassinated, or something or other. As depressing as this is, it’s necessary.

Though i’m sure it is sad, remember that a dwarf never dies. I see you all from the halls of Khaz’A’Dentrumm and one day my soul will descend again once Yemekar has reforged it. Death is never the end for a dwarf.

Instructions for Burial

I am to be buried in traditional mossborn fashion, in a crypt of stone covered in moss with my armour, with a tree planted nearby. 

If you are unable to bury me with my body or armour, use a replica of my armour in my stead.

Have the seers conduct their rites upon me for safe travels, those of my clan must wear the ceremonial robes.

Instructions for Possessions

I leave all the relics I own to the clan of Mossborn, to be safeguarded. The Mossheart, should be given to Charsi or one of my children. I think it would fit Onora.

The Shadowlight, is a weapon beyond what a normal dwarf can wield. The only weapon of first and only weapon mithril, and the bane of Mori. I give it to Sigrun, so he may use it to protect us should the mori return.

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

[!] Personal letters would be sent out.

To Charsi,

Spoiler

You are the love of my life, the flame of your eyes burnt my heart more than any forge ever could. The day when we first smithed starsteel together repeats in my mind everytime i gaze upon you.

I hope your memory of myself will live on strong in your mind, do not lose yourself. My love, my fire, be strong. I know its not easy, but you must keep yourself together. I’ll always be around in spirit for you.

To the Mossborn,

Spoiler

I, your chief, the first one of our clan, am gone. But I believe I would have made a poor clan if I did not think you were capable to continue without me. No, instead each one of you is a great talent, brilliant emeralds, I merely played the foundation for you, but you are the ones who will build pillars of gleaming green.

I entrust Tuzic with leadership of the Clan, either he may continue as Chief or elect a new chief from one of you, by trial or by his wisdom. I do not recommend him to follow the same path as me and being Chief and High Chief, it is exceptionally difficult, but I’m dead so [!] sketch of Garedyn Shrugging.

You Mossborn must find the last key piece to the Key of Tombs. I believe the legacy of our ancestors resides in the mossy fort on the back of our mountain.

To Tuzic,

Spoiler

You have done well, I am proud to call you my cousin. I am sorry that I left, the burdens you now face are greater than ever, but there are still some things I shall ask of you. Ensure all my children have sworn the oaths of the clan, forge armour of Thedmar and Erik for I have not finished it, and teach my daughter Amber of Dy Briny Triad.

Most importantly, it is only you who can reforge the Key of Tombs.

To Crera and Lurdoic,

Spoiler

My dear sister, I have known you for a relatively short time, but I consider it a blessing from the Brathmordakin to have been reunited with you. Be strong, I know you can be. Though I cannot physically be there to guide my nieces and nephews, know that I shall guide them with my spirit.

Lurdoic, you are one of my most trusted advisors, loyal and intelligent. You were not a stand out figure in urguan before, but I felt the potential within you for something great, and I am glad to have had you by my side. Protect your and Crera’s children for me.

To Amber,

Spoiler

My sweet child, I am sorry for not having the time to teach you the ways of the clan, but you are brilliant. I am sure you will learn them in time. I leave you the Heart of Girova, it is the heart of the first Mossborn, let its glow enlighten you to the Brathmordakin. Once you learn of them, you will understand that I am not truly lost forever.

To Gawain,

Spoiler

My beautiful son, I know your childhood was odder than most. Some of it I am partially to blame for not having the time to guide you, but I am blessed with how you turned out. May Bandal be there for you, in the time I cannot be.

To Maeve,

Spoiler

You have the spark of Anbella within you, the other forest dwarves connect with the natural part of the green soul, but you connect to the Hearth better than most. I give you the recipe to your clan’s cider.

To Lulach,

Spoiler

My gorgeous daughter, I wish I was there to properly guide your path. My heart pained when I see you flounder without a goal. But I can tell you have the essence of Dungrimm within you, I remember the day you and I fought side-by-side against the Norlandic raiders.

You also have the aspect of Yemekar within you, wanting to study golems. You are fit for both paths. Learn the arts of stone from Tuzic, and the courage of Dungrimm from Sigrun.

To Onora,

Spoiler

To my wonderful child, you are talented in many areas and your path is limitless. I am sorry that my time was cut short, but from Khaz’A’Dentrumm I will guide you how I can. Should you pray, I will be there to hear your whispers. Should you battle I will be there to guide your spear. Should you cry I’ll be there to catch your tears. Death is not the end for a dwarf, and emerald never tarnishes.

To Roseen,

Spoiler

My beloved niece, how I wish I could spend more time with you, to me you are like my own daughter. You follow the path of Belka’s revelry and I hope she blesses you. I leave you my collection of alcohol. But remember, salvation is not in the bottom of a mug, but within yourself.

To Erik and Thedmar,

Spoiler

You’ve done your trials together, you’ve became true Mossborn together, now you are the future of the clan. Though i did not pass on all my teachings to you to, I believe both of you will be able to stand strong and became exemplars of Mossborn and hefrummo.

To Ealisaid,

Spoiler

Though you have left us, my memory of you and my love for you as a fellow Mossborn has not. You were a great Mossborn, and your presence is dearly missed. I am sorry I could not take care of Roseen for longer. The clan will keep her company and protect her.

To Sigrun,

Spoiler

I will keep it brief with you, you have changed since I first met you. Initially, you seemed brash and thirsting for fights, but as time passed you became a more valorous person. Everyone should aspire not only to your strength but your courage. Use the Shadowlight well, and return what the Mori did to us tenfold.

To Mao, Asketil and Khazaefron,

Spoiler

I thank you for teaching my the way of our people, our history, the seers, the great ideals of Hefrumm. I would not have achieved many of the things I have, if I had not kept to the principals that were taught to me. I leave you the golden hammer that Ursus smithed us, for it is a testament to Hefrumm’s ideals of judgement, acceptance and stoicism.

To Cyris and Mimosa,

Spoiler

Cousins of Hefrumm, I remember fondly the times we raced on pigs and entered time machines together. May the shire be forever protected and blessed, your cheese was the best in the realm.

To Breasal,

Spoiler

I hope you are living well, I remember the day of your wedding, surely you have a family by now. May Ogradhad grant you the wisdom that comes with fatherhood, my good friend.

To Astrid,

Spoiler

One of my first friends I had met when I arrived to Urguan, you taught me the medicinal arts of Anbella. I shall always consider you a true friend of mine.

OOC:

Spoiler

If you didn't get a letter, mb lol. like 20 people here and i'm writing this at 1 am. love all of you guys <3

Tuzic shakes his head as he reads the document... It wasn't something he ever wished to read. "Ye blasted dwed... come back..." He sighs, and begins writing to the Mossborn. Perhaps despite his doubts... it was time for closure.

5 minutes ago, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

To Ealisaid,

The dwarven woman showed the letter, unopened, to her husband @Terry. Tears streamed down her cheeks, and her words were nothing more than garbled mutters.

*Breasal began to cry upon reading the letter he received* "Aye A do 'ave a family Gar. Thank ya, fer everythin'"

Khazaefron looks upon the will and shouts towards  the moon "Garedyn the Green Emerald! Paragon of Yemekar! Yer name will not fade awat from the memory of our folk! May you be welcomed into Kaz'A'Dentrumm with the grandest ef 'onors! May Yemekar allow ye to work en 'es forge and craft tools nevah before seen by dwed eyes!"

Erik stared down at the note with the faintest of smiles, sniffling as if he'd caught a cold. "Oi'll do ye proud," he muttered as droplets of wetness fell upon the letter. 

Mimosa gives a prayer to Lord Knox on the behalf of Garedyn

"May Lord Knox protec' 'im 'n t'ae nex' loife as well..."

Onora sat at the table with her close peers, chatting near the warm campfire, late in the afternoon. As they chatted a bird suddenly flew in and dropped a regal envelope in front of her. The green crest embossed on the seal immediately caught her eye, representing her father, a gnawing feeling of concern grew within her as she struggled to open the letter.
 Soon ripping it open to reveal a lengthy,’ fancy’ written message from her father.
 Her initial smile of anticipation slowly faded as she read the first few lines, the direct beginning turned her expression from joy to anguish.
In that moment, Onora fell silent as she grappled with the contents of the letter, while her friends watched with concern, ready to offer support in any way they could. 
When Onora finished reading, the words penned by her father carried the weight of an unfulfilled future, a cruel reminder of the dreams and moments they couldn't create anymore. Her fingers trembled, barely able to hold the paper, as tears welled up in her eyes. 

The thought of her father not witnessing her growth into the woman he had envisioned left a bitter taste in her mouth. She flopped down onto her stool, her shoulders heavy with the burden of missed opportunities, her chest tight with the ache of longing for his guidance. 
She fought to contain the flood of emotions that threatened to consume her. 
The room's silence allowed her head to cloud with more thoughts, and heavy grief. Sadly, Onora struggled to accept the absence of her biggest supporter, her mentor, and her confidant, knowing that she would have to carry on without his physical presence, while sheltering the pain that would remain etched deep within her soul.

Roseen Mossborn stood silent as she read the will among her kin. The woman remained stoic and decided to visit the grave of her uncle even if no body remained. 

Deep within the bowels of a subterranean room resided the gauntly figure of a dwedess, slumped and inactive within the mindset of mourning for a piece of a puzzle never to be regained. Consistent pain and agony now ebbed like a throbbing, open wound that ceased to heal on its accord. The crackling of flames within the fireplace burned behind the darkened chair, which was treated as much of prison, like her mind. How much could be taken until another thread snapped was the true question while sitting alone, frozen from the outside world with only misery and loneliness as a companion.