【✧ KAKTUZ WEEKLI ISSUE XVIII ✧】

Gomoore

Newspapers are spread throughout Aevos.

They’re made of two sheets of cheap paper, simply stacked and folded together and yet they are

surprisingly colorful, with doodles and familiar drawings! Could this be… no way!

glrRsyZeVRGva35zMnBbXXMfQQEhe89S6e0nP_ViIAaXXqKkT_d3qw2wvWy6DLnUaB6yfcbYj7-UubGZXmHXUF47PzYjANDG1isDFgt6uCY77vTSjrm0sy91_RrMph-LSUZpN4phpscRnsM6ePaQNas
Issue Azhty’H’Gakh (XVIII) — Azh’Kint’H’Azh’ty’Futh (CLXIV) D.A.

q562WrVChRoaESUceBnvIcLMiTnUwaxdgYIla62DcyT7e-Kgi9GEaZhRERdBuhV85ru72NFR4H2xsLs2tvQ9buDJobBwSSvmnBI6HvZgp7HVmZ6s_CxHJ6mAtTkqDczjzmXJXZkvnmgp7Xdk_7D2ixE
ORC POLITICS

A New Vassal to the Horde?

The Iron Horde might be getting a new vassal soon. A tribe of Qualasheen Far-folk arrived on Malin’s Welcome [Tuesday], and expressed a desire to settle in the deserts of Krugmar.

The delegation of the Al-Badwawi tribe was composed of three people.  Their leader, Sultan Mehmed Ibn Walid Al-Badwawi, was accompanied by two advisors; Shura Bayezid Ibn Walid Al-Badwawi, and Shura Taiseer Ibn Walid Al-Badwawi.

ks34pvts_d5BqVF5iNmlKSaovQRGFBJuBx8so4Hw7Vza6ja5MET7b4GnSyrxAun_wHS8y3cvUQY17AT2cctxj-IJ55G1R6dXO_TdPGZwFHojuplvaz3viTg3BJBA-A2950_d80GR8kiDdKWxCQMdy1s  txs5rWcO3xm8N7A3PZUagSO59yvDyALC6mBwVd8_720uCMEI3dkBgegfLiqafHyOqmio4P5ML2DEW44beEgdsZe-KTEvi1oYT-N6iLL2gAHCn1SSATgbU1fC45EWPQdWka26tHnQCJcKOqyRZMnyXQ4  pDx6ueGDl1U0QtojcRhVwxcMfir7smLqO_Jdb99frKT5ZoN7sz702IdSlf8n8t5vZivaGxOWj34gB_auTLHIeaDI_6MSH2ufgxcb-tAZnsOlmsgI8ftV5pjnUGuxHTzdw_0t2u7pjqqoe01kXdgY_FM

They seemed very pious, and eager to share both goods and culture; indeed, they are Qualasheen, which is to say they follow the Iiman Rashidun. They believe, much like Canonists, that there is only one god and creator; though they do not follow the canonist scrolls; they have their own scriptures known as the Book of Peace.

They have expressed a distaste for needless violence but I must assume they are competent military-wise; they are well armed and have dedicated military roles. Bayezid has blah’d his role among the Shura council was that of military advisor; helping the Sultan for matters of strategic warfare.

Though this will be further discussed, detailed and made official during this cactus day’s Klamor, Rex Grommash has welcomed their arrival in principle, so long as they share the way of orcs. He stated the Horde’s conditions: “you’re to trade, to share food and water with us, to bring warriors when the horde marches.”  — Which they accepted with honor.

kUFF3dDDcpV3lw6s0HIrLPaxLrVqlh8_YWxWtjxrKFalDx5Nfx9o_aSee3lqaYFsLsIAG2cioccEDg6RuK9Ia5VFkhf5rrJzlw3W0JfYT_0Dcz6mfpDw38SxUeNpuoUdicM7r03e_ea0ABDX36S3AYc

50PTx9oztcct04i92bRO0f7P3OE8QWidLbOpw7kqZAjA6xK3fGgjHv4bNFu7znfDqndIES4hHYhGjoh63_l818pXTBrsfyE4H3b3RMkayMSuaRGFQzAwn-bIjgcvSm2KhWrCTSxhA4IHG0FIdwS85Dk

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

The new Grand King of Urguan

Following Grand King Garedyn’s passing, the dwarves of Urguan have seen a new king rise to the throne. Sigrun Stonehammer gave the Kaktuz Weekli an interviews a few months after gaining his position.

4BUK2Y4U5QfJoQa4q6rNlPT77A2rG6ytkFmm-21xuhjKkmN-gz_LT-EJKvXq8Fm4NLarsU4LyWMt82bMGMt6UiuU6_RtFyiMedppzwHtuxlRHf4MFtQtMNBvHXUww-3ykbnglc-jZS1a2wI4I8HpdHAVs_XvMKxoK_OMwbbunjYulDfxwwtDOQVNYI5phdrYpH0xAM-OgzNsbrv-uZ-JDPCC_iBMAB7AvyJlRI1J0ij8-4KhY5UAg58NtE38p7V2CiD9_XGM83ddnNUk3EgYPIqimtVO2kJI_jv7OB8jsCBw0U

Will we be seeing a change of policies in Urguan under your reign?

“Not really… I’ve been running Urguan as Grand Regent under Garedyn for four years before hand, so I’m gonna stick with what I know how to deal with: which is winning this war. I have a great set of advisors behind me for political affairs, but Garedyn's policies have done us very well so far so I don’t see a reason to change.

Regarding the war, he added: “I know well what I’m doing when it comes to it, and its consequences, so I have no intent on dishonouring the alliance. Urguan is the most honourable state and always keeps to its word, and that reputation is something I seek to keep.”

Are there large events you want to oversee during your reign?

“Yes! I have many great events planned for Urguan, including a whole new city that will be carved out of the mountain.” he announced— but seemed reluctant to share more.

Concerning relations with the Iron Horde, do you see it as an enemy nation, or is it just a matter of circumstances?

“We will have to see until after we deal with Veletz,” he sighed “but I have sent no dwarven raiders or attacks upon the people of the horde in particular, except for the shared large battles.”

“It appears they do not share the same sentiment, as they have repeatedly sent Urukin to attack our farms and roads.” he warned. “If you don’t want to invoke my ire for after Veletz, then I suggest stopping it.”

Any closing words for our readers, or for orcs?

“What I would say to orcs back in the Horde is to advise good friend Grommash to take their livelihoods in priority over assisting Veletz.”

ahU5xwi1ov4nV2FGrllb_Un5sy-6NVVgnD8UQNtcU9wg1g48eakQkT0nctYoxfxUFy0j0QgcSG1i2B0zRKDz_WQtSTpt9gOriG8siCg6fmjSUj7dYDJhwuwbjuuP0Mt_cDq6h8wzbE0CfelTi4yD5uw

ORCISH CULTURE

Orkish Delights: Kruga Kola!

This week in the Kaktuz Weekli…
The recipe for an old Krugmarian drink: Kruga Kola!

Ingredients:

A twiggie

A handful of salt

One brick of butter

A few bottles of wine

A few ripe potatoes

Cinnamon, Vanilla and spices of your liking

Preparation:

Peel the twiggie, and chop it into 5 or 10 bite-size pieces. Salt, then sear the chunks in butter in a large pan over a medium fire, mixing well so that it does not burn. Prepare your cauldron; pour one bottle of wine in it without bringing it to a boil.

Once the chunks are well-cooked on each side, transfer to the cauldron. Add wine until the meat is fully covered, and place a lid on top. Boil slowly over a small fire, and mix every now and then to check the level.

When the wine has boiled down to half its initial level, add the potatoes and top the cauldron with water. Keep it warm over a smoldering fire for the day. Mix every few hours; it should never boil.

Add cinnamon, vanilla and any spices you like. Leave to rest for the night.

The next morning, mix gently to avoid creating air bubbles, then separate the stew into sturdy oak barrels. Be very careful; there should be as little air as possible. If needed, add boiled (not boiling!) water to top up the barrels. Seal them and let them ferment for at least a month.

Kruga-Kola is a carbonated drink; pick your barrels accordingly. Half the batch usually fails; hence why it is recommended to prepare as many smaller barrels as you can. Sift the Kruga Kola after opening the barrels.

You may also open the barrels early, sift the contents and complete the fermentation in bottles.

There you have it! Dark, fuzzy Twiggie Stew with its cinnamony, quiet vanilla aftertaste: that’s Kruga Kola!

50PTx9oztcct04i92bRO0f7P3OE8QWidLbOpw7kqZAjA6xK3fGgjHv4bNFu7znfDqndIES4hHYhGjoh63_l818pXTBrsfyE4H3b3RMkayMSuaRGFQzAwn-bIjgcvSm2KhWrCTSxhA4IHG0FIdwS85Dk

On The Kaktuz

A new Section coming next Issue!

Hopefully starting next issue, we will be adding a new section to the Kaktuz Weekli; “Did lat gruk?” where we hope to show you things you might not have known. Places worth visiting, small cultural traditions, interesting and unique shops…

The Kaktuz Weekli is looking forward to reading your ideas if you can think of places that you want to share!

Help your Newspaper!

In its effort to reach a broader audience, we are hiring a paper boy for the Kaktuz Weekli.

As always, we are also still looking for informants who will help us with local news outside of Krugmar.
Thanks for reading!

ahU5xwi1ov4nV2FGrllb_Un5sy-6NVVgnD8UQNtcU9wg1g48eakQkT0nctYoxfxUFy0j0QgcSG1i2B0zRKDz_WQtSTpt9gOriG8siCg6fmjSUj7dYDJhwuwbjuuP0Mt_cDq6h8wzbE0CfelTi4yD5uw

Informant — Spuds @Turbo_Dog

Writer — Gharak’Yar @Gomoore

Illustrator & Head publisher — Gharak’Yar

Spoiler

The "Paper Boy" job would consist on getting on several LotC community discord servers, and publishing the newspaper in the local forum-posts/announcement channels.

The informant job consists of just being knowledgeable on your local community. If we need to investigate something in your area, we’ll contact you for guidance; who should we interview, what basic information should I know, why is this or that significant in the local folklore?
We are especially looking for human and elven informants.

Please feel free to leave your ideas for "Did lat gruk?" in the replies below!

eVgY4asEKoXUciD-jEl70pK65JwuQKyimd6J33nKUOLeDoeiL1RSdKjG8sqeCefxoQ11TpFwUbxkwxTI3QmlteqOPb1_ekEMn404zdc4KtOvhBe_OAzziDAk3HUucFEpDubR9gVz7R45sC5o_nV7DTc

Edited by Gomoore
dont you love formatting?

An old uruk enjoys his favorite paper by the firepit of the capital, eager to hear more about the Qualasheen that will soon settle the honorbound lands.

Cesar II enjoys reading the Kactuz Weekli, for it is quite an informative newspaper. 

However, the Viceroy scratches his head at the recent developments regarding this other new Qalasheen tribe. He searches through the library within the palace, finding the treaty which he made with the Qalasheen not too long ago. 

He read through its contents as he then murmured, “Perhaps I should send them a letter. We did offer the good Qalasheen their own land, government and autonomous community, for we respected their interest in settling the desert. We even offered to purchase land for them as well. After all, their religion is something which I deeply respect and can relate to through my own Canonist faith.”

The Viceroy would then pen a neatly written letter, sending it to Sultan Mehmed afterwards along with the copy of the pact, hopeful for some diplomacy with the good Qalasheen folk who themselves had helped Hyspia many times. 

Spoiler

I love the art in these! so fun to read.