THE BURNING OF LILACS

[!] A missive would find itself in the mailboxes of all Lords, Ladies and Commoners in the realm.

THE BURNING OF THE LILACS;

And Planting of the Marigolds

L2vGX4DotMTYbfssSvBhPkdO5hYCFCgctjs8zPCf0mcrt5G_UWUsi6MWtoLHbv2xcoo_scJaS8bTZ6f3lQaqGSwXbXvSaiH5cLmJpHZH7xRzXKAnKxzxwbD9wE19C3i6LMyH5zI3bSIzORDTrz1ASKw

Issued by

THE WEISS HOUSEHOLD

Naf zwy 14th hag i Tov ag Yermey i 516 E.S.

iRfwu9WuYgb_oUVrQP3o_4rOMUkqqaACwfssk9wrEFYDMBC30Sb5AdEz_NWJcA9h3dk1aVPdo6124JdWLFHcH0Ga9EzLZvnxc4I9fUo5PlrqtNWgQEkSTxZcOaIavkf7BVhOnC-UXkaJD3VWltbR47c

[A depiction of the newly planted Marigolds within the Weiss Keep.]

With the disappearance of the Viscount Walter Weiss, a challenge is set forth from his heir, the Lady Ofeliya Weiss.

"I have told you some years ago that I will challenge you when I see that your blade has dulled. I have asked you, even, after what I’d overheard in the square before the Voidal attack if you needed assistance. And still, you have left. Come back to your family within two Saints days, father, or I will sit upon the ivory throne within Novkurskain."

As I pen this missive, the lilacs that are so beloved to you, burn within our courtyard. Flames lick up their stems, being directed in a way that only these flowers alone, burn and burn well.

I will have no more of ill luck for the House of Weiss, and marigolds shall take their place.

Should you wish to find all in tact, as I systematically change our keep and for the better, come back and sit upon the Ivory throne.

Until then, this is my Pride, Lord Walter Weiss.

Signed,

The Honorable, Ofeliya Fabienne Weiss, Viscountess of Novkursain, Baroness of Zvaervauld, Curator of the Crowns Jewels of the Esrova Court

lpABLQtMbzUEeW4QjEvhcv8hEh2FV4yBdUvrDN20t-VC-qzuvuG6xGnz6TVJ8lkxzR5wHK2RcK8-l8Ir3Pk05GW1RYKaWpUq4bpFHGXX7DPRMT2g174Ha3ePSzrKkOczIZXnXV4jkQjIe-bqATmXYPk

Ser Rickard of Valdev grimaced at the missive. “To burn down the previous lords history is an ill-omen to be sure, and to challenge a strong knight only when they have gotten weaker. I hope the Ser returns swiftly to the challenge.” 

The now Viscount, Christopher Weiss nodded while reading. He wiped his brow and smiled. "Ruthless." He was a little surprised at his wife's words but smiled proudly as he knew she is fighting for all Weiss and what she believes in.

noname2.png.3d8e4177f6c8b0641c2fe445a74e3755.png

A hooded man with no name traveled the dark forests of Aevos, as if he were shadow.

In a village far to the north did he find the missive. His eyes scanned the parchment and his lips pulled taught. Perhaps he would have smiled, but he found himself unable to do so. He planted his walking stick into the ground to check his map, only to be interrupted by a gathering of ravens overhead. Perhaps it was a good omen. Perhaps the opportunistic birds could sense a dead man walking. Neither of these possibilities gave the hooded wayfarer any sense of assurance.

But his personal feelings no longer mattered.

That was now the only truth he knew in this world.

One of the birds came to land upon his walking stick and shift to his shoulder. After a moment, he surrendered himself to fate, and tossed away the map in his hands. He knew that the path that lay before him was one that could not be put to parchment. He continued on, deeper and deeper into the black conifer forests that seemed to swallow men whole. The flock of black birds circled over his head all the while.

Yet he knew no fear. For within the forest, he could still find home.

25d47e9ab34b7d14417c954642aaa886.jpg

Will you accept, or will you run away? The lone figure asked himself as he paced through a seemingly endless desert, the burning sand below his shoes hissing with each step he took. As he continued off towards the darker side of the sky and his form was briefly shrouded in shadow by the many spires and hills, he let go of the parchment and allowed it to fly past him in the sand-traced winds. When you face an unforeseen self, what will you do? Allow yourself to return home, ruined? He'd ponder, turning back towards the sun he left behind, his form changing the further he walked. No one is made up of one side. With their quirks, comes their opposites. Is it so bad to embrace them, from time to time?

Continuing forth, that ancient sage met the burning wind with an unyielding gaze, and his skin refused to crumble to the dry air.
It's alright to change.

Ser Audo Weiss, The Raven, having stood long and steadfast in Valdev peered on the missive with some disbelief. It took him time to gather his thoughts.

Many were missing, or dead. Time changed and all that consumed his world anymore was war - always the same. And this hateful wretch is now what waited at home. Everything his father had built would come to be lost, everything he had built would come to be lost. Lowering the paper slowly, his gaze turned back to cast over his empty office and empty home. In the street, barely a friendly word was rattled to him in earnest any more beyond Walter. Slim, he wrenched his gaze to his quill, before he began to write in the chicken-scratch to which he'd become accustomed.

"Nie!" The Baroness snapped, over the sounds of clattering cutlery and her children babbling amongst themselves. "Ich do niet wish to read another missive of the world's dire state, vy may dispo-"
"It regards vyr cousin, my lady, the Viscount."
Agafa protested, finally attaining Rosalind's attention as she thrust the letter forth into her hands. A silence settled upon the dinning room, extended even to the small children who now peered curiously toward their mother - whom was engrossed in the letter once sealed with the emblem of her kin.

"What does it say, Mamej?" Little Hadeon inquired, near standing in his seat in some meek effort to steal a glance at whatever it was that had snatched his mother's attention.
"Da!" Announced his sister, in a similarly curious tone. "What is it?"
"Agafa, prepare the children a bath."
Rosalind demanded in an uncharacteristically emotionless tone, before hauling herself to her feet and seeking to swiftly depart the dinning room. Tucked amongst aging books, and draped in a thick layer of dust, resided another missive of similar content. The Dame plucked it from its place upon the shelf and settled in her room to read the contents of both.
"Surely it is a curse. A vice.... by Godan save our wretched blood be saved and dispel that forsaken blade from this realm - from our hands."

A heavenly woman strummed her guitar in the skies "It is such a shame that she feels the need to give her papej such a heavy ultimatum in order to get him home" the angelic wings on her back flapped "Ea knew she felt ignored as a child.. But this is.." the woman sighed as she rifted the string instrument "Not my circus anymore"

Lenora made her way to her aviary letter box on her morning stroll. She withdrew a letter pended by a Marian Weiss, upon opening it and having read what was within, she sighed as she turned to Aerith who had walked next to her "A Weiss has gone missing, and they have asked for my help?" another sigh left her "Do I look like I care for what happens with the Weiss? They are all-" she had cut herself off "What do I do?" in truth she cared for some of them, like Marian who was asking for aid

Nikolai Vladov was a little shocked that his buddy disappeared without taking him along for the adventure.

Cassian Colborn prepares a letter to the new Viscountess. No matter the state of Walter- he has interhouse relations to maintain.