Allow beastmen to be played without a CA

Diogen

10 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

too much meme rp accessible via beastmen and there needs to be a way to revoke it 

(you can ban people)

As a figura fella I approve of this message

When Kha were no longer behind a CA wall I played as one. It was really enjoyable RP, and I doubt that I would've made one had I been forced to apply for it. Ologs or CA races that provide some mechanical or CRP advantage, sure, but I think anything that is just a human / halfling with a different look should not require a CA. Wonks, Musin, Hou-Zi, and Kharajyr all provide cool culture and diversity to the server. I don't envy any of their leadership in trying to maintain activity on top of the CA barrier.

7 hours ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

This is just a counter proposal to the current CA application process.

If Player X meme RPs or erotically RPs one of the Beastman entities - Story Team informs Player X & Moderation that Player X can no longer play characters of the Beastman entities. Moderation will keep an eye out on Player X and, whether they catch them directly or it is reported that Player X decided to make another Beastman - we ban them. This way you don't have to worry about the paperwork of CA applications, the serious Beastman players have an easier time facilitating players to make mains or alts of Beastman entities, and we have a process in place to penalize players who abuse (meme or erotic) the Beastman entities.

gotta rely on moderators….

amab 

17 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

gotta rely on moderators….

amab 

Let not my people breath!

hiding races behind a CA so ST can revoke in the case of meme rp is just calling for ST to do moderation work
bit nonsensical

3 hours ago, SethWolf said:

Yeah but once you’ve made your first ever human or elf etc you can just make them again without the need of an application using the in game commands.

With CA’s you have to make a new app every single character you make, regardless if you’ve made 1 or 5 of them before.

47 minutes ago, Zanael Moonstrider said:

Yeah but once you’ve made your first ever human or elf etc you can just make them again without the need of an application using the in game commands.

With CA’s you have to make a new app every single character you make, regardless if you’ve made 1 or 5 of them before.

oh i know i was being facetious. i dont think musins should be a CA and all the arguments for them being one seem to be to 'uphold the standard of rp' like that isnt already a rule for everyone on the server regardless of what race they play

this, exactly. i get CAs that transform ur persona.. but i just wanna be a silly mouseman without having to do a whole ass history essay. +1

The difference between beast CAs and regular descendants comes with several factors. 

1. History: While descendants aren't required to care or know their races history or how they came to be, the beast cases however do to get a sense of their mentality, purpose, and why they developed their habits and way they act per the redlines of their own lore. 

2. Abilities: Each beast race has unique abilities that descendants never have and to utilize them correctly is to make sure lore is seen and read. While you can argue AI has become more prominent lately, it still is easier for us ST to see with apps that they willingly agreed to the beast race and accepted the responsibility of following lore than playing the game of 'Oh well I never saw that.' This shifting to acknowledgement that the player accepting said responsibility. 

3. Strict Do's and Don't's: Fact is, all beast races have limitations on what they can and can't learn. Or what they can and can't do. Versus descendants which arguably have a wide free for all. To ensure safety and lore being followed, forcing people to make apps increases the odds to make sure things like FTBing, attempting to obtain certain magics, and so on don't happen. And considering the beast races are starter CAs(meaning new players can immediately get them), the audience revolving around it needs help getting tailored to what is expected of them and the responsibility of what to do and not. 

Musin seems to be a big example mentioned to be free of a CA. Yet to do so is to have a new player not see how their mentality is, how their abilities work which as a small creature their dodging ability can be easily powegamed if never read, their pursue of magics and hope of getting only to find out they can't do it at all, their strengths, their lifespans, performing romance, and so on. The redlines of the race restrict them whereas a descendant race doesn't have any of that. Thus the odds of a newer player having lore breaking issues is greater without an app. in place.  Of course an argument can be made of people being vigilant and picking up these players to immediately teach them but then that shifts responsibility into unknown people which gives increase possibility of wrong information provided. Or a reliance on other players to actually be around to explain the beast race. All of which can easily be avoided and solved by having an application pointing the new players to a lore page that's always there. 

As much as I want Khas to be non CA, the general populace already barely follows the do's and don'ts of basic races (elves spawning children on cooldown, never aging humans, power gamed orc strength)  that i feel the cons outweigh the pros.

On another note, let me play a lil slime guy..